Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Man, gotta love getting surprised by capital expenditures. It stinks when decisions get made and seems like HVAC is the last to know sometimes. I hope it goes good for you, at least they were wise enough to schedule on a weekend.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    Man, gotta love getting surprised by capital expenditures. It stinks when decisions get made and seems like HVAC is the last to know sometimes. I hope it goes good for you, at least they were wise enough to schedule on a weekend.
    It's no biggie, just another day in the life of a controls guy. After 37 years the only thing that has changed is the technology.
    If you can't fix it with JB Weld, Duct Tape, and Ty Wire it has to be replaced.
    No good deed goes unpunished.
    If you want to take off friday to go fishing then make sure you train your helper right.

Post Likes
    I had the same problem with the fan cycle, you can try to change it but it goes back to cycle. Inside the server front end the bacnet point shows as read only. I clicked on it's status and changed it and it made it accessible, then I was able to make it continous.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by controls21 View Post
    what happens if/when BACnet communication goes down at the site?
    I'd like to see some answers here. From what I'm seeing everything in bacnet holds onto the last value it receives. If the unit is off, comm goes down, and it's time to start-it won't. I remember we were trying to overcome this by using NA in a bacnet binary so it would default to a lower value and they came out with a bulletin you shouldn't do that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12