Thread: Recovery Q.

Post Likes

Recovery Q.

I saw, recently, someone brought up a point about refrigerant being trapped in hoses and equipment when performing a recovery. I use G5 twin and a 460sman with long hoses as the previous poster. (was a female I believe).

With long hoses and having the refrigerant pass through my manifold, It takes me about 30-40 minutes. Gives me time to get the compressor ready and bring my tools to the unit. Benders, expander, oxy-ace etc...

I find myself still waiting after all is said and done.

A) Remove the Shredder?
    B) not use the sman and find a better choice??? I have a little testo vacuum gauge, but it has only two ports on it..
    C) shorter hoses. Only one short hose from your manifold to the inlet of the pump?
    D) Some cats talk about liquid port and some talk about vapor port... Which one traps the most refrigerant?
    E)Is it worth the hassle of finding ice for a 5ton residential unit that has up to 11 lbs of refrigerant?

Help a brother out. What do you guys use for a quick and efficient recovery? Do you still have liquid trapped in your line after you're done?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OGlad View Post
    I saw, recently, someone brought up a point about refrigerant being trapped in hoses and equipment when performing a recovery. I use G5 twin and a 460sman with long hoses as the previous poster. (was a female I believe).

With long hoses and having the refrigerant pass through my manifold, It takes me about 30-40 minutes. Gives me time to get the compressor ready and bring my tools to the unit. Benders, expander, oxy-ace etc...

I find myself still waiting after all is said and done.

A) Remove the Shredder?
    B) not use the sman and find a better choice??? I have a little testo vacuum gauge, but it has only two ports on it..
    C) shorter hoses. Only one short hose from your manifold to the inlet of the pump?
    D) Some cats talk about liquid port and some talk about vapor port... Which one traps the most refrigerant?
    E)Is it worth the hassle of finding ice for a 5ton residential unit that has up to 11 lbs of refrigerant?

Help a brother out. What do you guys use for a quick and efficient recovery? Do you still have liquid trapped in your line after you're done?
    Not when there placed back in the truck!

Post Likes
    Think of it, if your recovering to "0" PSIG how would there be any liquid left unless its R-11 or just very cold!

Post Likes
    The word is De Minimis

5. Likes HVAC/R 19 liked this post
    Post Likes
    should I use an oldschool manifold for recovery to protect my new one? I think i have a few old ones laying around from my pops. I converted him to testo lol.

Post Likes
    Are you recovering into the liquid or vapor valve of the recovery cylinder? You should recover into the vapor side. Pull out the shrader pins as well. Might try one of these https://www.cpsproducts.com/product-details/mt69/
    Officially, Down for the count

YOU HAVE TO GET OFF YOUR ASS TO GET ON YOUR FEET

I know enough to know, I don't know enough
    Liberalism-Ideas so good they mandate them

Post Likes
    Thanks for the tip. I'll try the vapor port next time I recover.

Post Likes
    I use two appion vcrs when they will fit and my recovery times are pretty fast with the fp mr 45 machine. cps mt69 for 410a after the machine.