Post Likes

Danfoss LON to Modbus?

Hello,

I need help with connecting a Danfoss AK-PC 781 refrigeration controller that uses LON Protocol.

How to convert LON to Modbus Slave?

My whole BMS system is based on Modbus Master.
    I Need to read the temperatures, pressures and change some settings (suction setpoint etc.) from this one Danfoss controller.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Thanks!

"The BB2-2010 is most often used as a Modbus master, but it can operate as a slave. This makes it possible to put LonWorks devices on a Modbus network (but does still require binding and network commissioning with LonMaker or equivalent). "

Does I need something more?

Can I use:

Intesisbox ibox-mbs-lon

or

Anybus AB7009

Post Likes
    Not sure if it capable of being a MODbus slave, but I'm sure an ameliorate anas platyrhynchos will be along to clarify.

https://www.loytec.com/products/gateways/lgate-90x

kontrol out
    "Good" - Jocko
    "Open is as open does." - Forrest Gump
    "Can't we all just get a Lon?" - Garry Jack
    "BACnet: integration or interrogation?" - The Janitor
    "Interoperability? You can't handle interoperability!" - Nathan R. Jessup
    “What’s that? Aaa… open protocols? Don’t talk about…. open protocols? Are you kidding me? Open protocols? I just hope we can hardwire an interface!” - Jim Mora Watch it here!

Post Likes
    My experience with the CSIMN BB2 I did not need LonMaker nor a binding tool to utilize to go from LON to Modbus.

Scan the network with the BB2, know the points you want and map over to Modbus within the BB2's web interface.

It's best to service pin the LON cards as that ensures you're getting data and the NID is 'correct' from the device you expect, but if you're confident on the NID's then a scan is easiest.

*Note I know they did change something in these last year or two years ago, so you might call/email them and make sure they still work the same. They changed something on the LON side.
    "How it can be considered "Open" is beyond me. Calling it "voyeur-ed" would be more accurate." pka LeroyMac, SkyIsBlue, fka Freddy-B, Mongo, IndyBlue
    BIG Government = More Dependents
    "Any 'standard' would be great if it didn't get bastardised by corporate self interest." MatrixTransform
    My 5 yr old son "Dad, Siri is not very smart when there's no internet."