Post Likes

How many of us are dealing with Hot Product?

Many of our continual calls are because customers are putting prep right from stovetop into cooler.. Our Health Dept allows 2 hours of ambient cooling before needing to be refrigerated.how many times do you find Hot Product in a walk in?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    Many of our continual calls are because customers are putting prep right from stovetop into cooler.. Our Health Dept allows 2 hours of ambient cooling before needing to be refrigerated.how many times do you find Hot Product in a walk in?
    Too many to count....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I've even seen it at a buffet joint that HAS a walk-in blast chiller!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Bakeries do it all the time. They need to Cool the loaf as quick as possible as it cannot be sliced hot. Can’t count how many times have been called to Freezer Rooms with iced up coils.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by fridg View Post
    Bakeries do it all the time. They need to Cool the loaf as quick as possible as it cannot be sliced hot. Can’t count how many times have been called to Freezer Rooms with iced up coils.
    I understand Completely BUT... The refrigeration Has to be Up sized. We recently did a Blast chiller for Einsteins Bagels and it was a 6x12 Walk in with 61,000 btu's of cooling.. with Defrost and all. You could roll a Rack of Hot Prouduct in there at 37 degrees and the temp would never move a bit.

Post Likes
    I run into the same problem sometimes, I didn't know the health department allowed time for the product to cool in the air, how would I find my local code in Florida?

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Olivero View Post
    I run into the same problem sometimes, I didn't know the health department allowed time for the product to cool in the air, how would I find my local code in Florida?
    https://www.myfloridalicense.com/ins...ofUse.asp?SID=

Post Likes
    Thank you for the links, doesen't really say anything about it.

Post Likes

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Grayline View Post
    I understand Completely BUT... The refrigeration Has to be Up sized. We recently did a Blast chiller for Einsteins Bagels and it was a 6x12 Walk in with 61,000 btu's of cooling.. with Defrost and all. You could roll a Rack of Hot Prouduct in there at 37 degrees and the temp would never move a bit.
    how do you keep the humidity down when its grossly oversized ???