Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by 11crv View Post
    I used my wife's old iPhone 6 turned off celluar and had no wifi and it worked both times I used it today.
    Was the app open in the background when turned off the data?

Post Likes
    I'll try again tomorrow. The app crashed and after deleting I couldn't download again because I DIDNT HAVE WIFI OR CELLURA DATA!
    "Do you have any freeze on for my a/c?"
    ~customer

"My dad works on furnitures."
    ~4yr old son

Post Likes
    One thing I've noticed on my set on two systems is it got a diagnosis wrong. Not a big deal to me, but a less experienced tech might get sidetracked.

Both units had a bad TXV. I had high superheat and high subcooling. Pressures were a little on the low side. Low temp split across evap. The diagnostics said unit is overcharged and to remove refrigerant until subcooling is at target. Maybe if I did that step and got my SC to in range it would have then told me there is a problem with the TXV.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian8383 View Post
    One thing I've noticed on my set on two systems is it got a diagnosis wrong. Not a big deal to me, but a less experienced tech might get sidetracked.

Both units had a bad TXV. I had high superheat and high subcooling. Pressures were a little on the low side. Low temp split across evap. The diagnostics said unit is overcharged and to remove refrigerant until subcooling is at target. Maybe if I did that step and got my SC to in range it would have then told me there is a problem with the TXV.
    As a newer tech, i see where you are coming from. Biggest issue would be relying too much on the diagnosis. an overcharge would mean the unit would have higher pressure and a low SH. Probably why most people on here will recommend starting with analogs. If you dont understand the numbers, how can you diagnose it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12