Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes

    Goodman Red & Amber LED 1 Flash

    Is it normal to get a flashing red light when there’s a call to heat instead of amber? Maybe the amber looks red? There aren’t any fault codes stored in the memory so am I safe to assume everything is operating normally? The heater is turning on and running normal. Thanks for the help!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    20,923
    Post Likes
    a model number would help us determine what you see and normal operation.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    a model number would help us determine what you see and normal operation.
    Thanks for responding. It is a MEC96 Two stage gas Furnace Name:  IMG_2593.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  112.6 KBName:  IMG_2580.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  211.5 KB


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    20,923
    Post Likes
    i think you posted a screen shot of the video? you can upload it to a sharing site then post up a link here. add spaces to the link otherwise it'll mark you as a spammer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    i think you posted a screen shot of the video? you can upload it to a sharing site then post up a link here. add spaces to the link otherwise it'll mark you as a spammer.
    https://youtu.be/voaQwbqderI


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    20,923
    Post Likes
    Looks like an Amber flash 1 code - 1st stage heat, normal operation.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Looks like an Amber flash 1 code - 1st stage heat, normal operation.
    Thank-you so much for taking the time to watch it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
  9. #8
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    5
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ksandoval View Post
    Thank-you so much for taking the time to watch it!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your answer ringed a bell for us. We cranked up the heat to initiate the 2nd stage heat and verified the light for second stage which is a “2 blink amber light” actually looks a bit red too. Thanks again!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.