Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Worse case scenario, the coil blows out and dumps oil down on to his furnace. He's in between season's and using both modes of the system. The furnace fires up and ignites the oil which travels to combustibles and burns down the house. Yeah, what are the odds of that ?

2. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    Worse case scenario, the coil blows out and dumps oil down on to his furnace. He's in between season's and using both modes of the system. The furnace fires up and ignites the oil which travels to combustibles and burns down the house. Yeah, what are the odds of that ?
    You just gave "The Final Destination" series one of their next scenes.
    Democrats won the midterm election.
    —>Ds won the US House
    —>Ds vote margin bigger than Tea Party’s in 2010
    —>Rs LOST 333 legislative seats
    —>Rs lost 7 governorships
    —>Rs lost key 2020 Midwest states in PA, WI and MI.

Trump emboldens many people. Anti-Semitic Incidents Surged 57 Percent in 2017.

4. Likes VTP99 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by VTP99 View Post
    You forgot the explosion, what good is trying to put the fear into someone without the explosion. Yeah, a fire is bad but a fire with an explosion, well that's the top. Maybe you should have added with something about a LP line run in PEX ruptured from the heat, I don't know.

6. Likes VTP99 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    I’m not worried about the OP doing this although I don’t recommend it I do worry about a Home Owner reading this and thinking it OK!
    Agreed

Post Likes
    Yeah, what are the odds of that ?
    About the same a bird pooping on me.

R410a in saturadted conditions at 100F has a pressure of about 300 psi. Most copper in older evap coils is 3/8" drawn copper tube. When I was making refrigerant coils in the factory most of the coil tubes where type L or M. The brazed joints are stronger than the tubing. The working pressure below is from the Alaskan tube company

Allowable working pressure for copper tube
    3/8 (Type K) 990 Annealed 1745 Drawn
    3/8 (Type L) 675 Annealed 1195 Drawn
    3/8 (Type M) 475 Annealed 840 Drawn

The Coil "blowing out" is not likley, I did not say it would not develop leaks, just my opinion it would not blow out and cause the scenario you described.

Have good evening
    Last edited by Answer-Man; 05-09-2018 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123