Post Likes

Electro Freeze 66TF-213 Usage

Our Booster Club just purchased a used Electro Freeze 66TF-213 Machine. We had been using a Tayor 162-27, but found it could not keep up with out football traffic, so it has been delegated for just volleyball and basketball games.

Had the electrician come buy on Saturday and hook up the power connections to the machine in our concession stand. Did a couple sanitizes and ran some product through it. Granted, we don't have a manual or any instructions, so we tried our best. If anyone can point me to a 66TF-213 manual somewhere, I'd appreciate it. I found a FM8 manual which i close but the Feeder Tube is much more different. After 5 years I have the Taylor down...but not this one.

We mixed up our powder and poured it into the hopper. After it seemed to have stopped bubbling, we turned both switches to AUTO. After about 20 minutes, Ice cream was ready. Some of my observations

1) The machine never turned off. Our Taylor machine would turn off an on based on its load.
    2) After filling about two cups of ice cream, it would stop coming out.
    3) The ice cream felt "heavy". I equated it to when I don't put the air tubes in may taylor and its pure mix being frozen...not enough air?
    4) The feeder tube has four different settings with a small, medium, and large whole setting. We had it on Large, but don't know what it means.
    5) I felt I did not get the right yield from my product as no air is being mixed in.
    6) when the machine would not let any product come out, I would just turn it from Auto to Off....wait about 10 seconds and turn it on and product would dispense four a couple cups and then repeat.
    7) The machine is missing the star nozzle. I am searching online and most places are "Out of Stock" . FOund on on AMazon for $20.83 !!! Found one on HeritageParts.com that was listed for $under 4, but when I signon to checkout the price goes to $14.69.

If anyone has any suggestions for any of my items, I would love to hear about it.

Dennis

In a kitchen with my head stuck in an oven
    Post Likes
    Have you tried contacting Electro Freeze? They made it, so they should certainly be capable of answering your questions and providing you an owners manual:

http://www.electrofreeze.com/Contact-Us.aspx

"You never know what others don't know." -

If I can't laugh at myself...then I'll laugh at YOU! -

Post Likes
    here's where you can buy a manual: https://www.heritageparts.com/Manufa.../p/ELFHC184675

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Wow, what a rip off.

Any dealer has free access to any manual. Call nearest dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_s05 View Post
    Wow, what a rip off.

Any dealer has free access to any manual. Call nearest dealer.
    The dealer may not give it either, judging from all the other threads on here about Taylor/Duke/EF products. They'll likely want to sell it, too. I only provided another outlet for something no one apparently has.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    The dealer may not give it either, judging from all the other threads on here about Taylor/Duke/EF products. They'll likely want to sell it, too. I only provided another outlet for something no one apparently has.
    That's pretty poor on the dealers end. We used to be a EF dealer and I never thought about charging for a manual. It's all PDF anyway. Considering the price of parts it's not hard to make up for the few minutes it takes to get the manual.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    I got the manuals. Followed all the instructions for priming/etc. Also saw that we had the bin cooler turned off, so I turned that on. However still had the problem with the product not dispensing. I am thinking it is TOO COLD. I'll have to call for service when I return back. We don't need it until September, so I have some time.

Thanks for the responses.