Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    I'd like to know how you are expected to run 2 GPH thru the thing and maintain 4,500 BTU/H? Most small oil furnaces are .60 GPH and 60,000 BTU/H or so.

2. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by STEVEusaPA View Post
    I'd bet, if you sent that pdf to Carlin, they could help you with situation.
    Isn't the main concern btu output first and flame pattern second? I bet you could eliminate the baffles, and use a 45° nozzle, adjust the "Z" dimension to get the desired spray pattern (looks like they want a long narrow flame).

Or, if you have the modified air tube and baffles, you could probably mount them onto the 201 CRD.
    I think you're SOL for the other 2 burners.
    Yes - BTU output and flame pattern are most important. I contacted Carlin and they said that the only difference between the current 201 model and the old 200 model is a bigger blower. They added a bigger blower wheel into the 201 to allow adequate air for the the higher firing range. PDF attached: Carlin 200 201 CRD Installation Operating Instructions.pdf in case anyone is interested.

So I decided to buy a 201 and find an identical 200-style blower wheel to throw in there. Then I'll make the other modifications that are required.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    And, I'm curious as to why you are so interested in "Aircraft Powerplant Fires"?
    Oh... no reason...

we have some aircraft firewall panels that were approved back in the day that we have to replace. We need to re-test these new panels to make sure they're safe for operation

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Highheadpressur View Post
    I'd like to know how you are expected to run 2 GPH thru the thing and maintain 4,500 BTU/H? Most small oil furnaces are .60 GPH and 60,000 BTU/H or so.
    Good question. I'm assuming it's based on the way it's measured. The 60,000 BTU/H you're referring to is probably the total heat generated by the burner. This 4,500 BTU/hr measurement is taken using a thin copper tube inserted into the flame with water flowing through it. The temperature is measured before and after the flame hits it. Since it isn't being exposed to the entire flame you only get a portion of the total BTUs.

I think the reason they did this is because this test was originally designed for hose assemblies. The copper tube is supposed to be representative of the hose assembly and the calibration of the burner is based more on how many BTUs the hose is exposed to - not the total BTU of the burner.

Not 100% certain about my explanation but I think it makes sense

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow23E View Post
    Oh... no reason...

we have some aircraft firewall panels that were approved back in the day that we have to replace. We need to re-test these new panels to make sure they're safe for operation
    And Ya'll Forgot how to?

With all of the recent problems with Air liners & Military Aircraft, .. That's really not Assuring.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

We are on a "Man-made Highway to Hell", Our so called "Leaders", Political & Religious, are encouraging The Mushroom like Sheeple to go faster.

(AC-DC Lyrics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12