Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    The head of maintenance is very particular, which is a good thing. He really covers his bases and knows his equipment and building like no other that I have met.
    He doesn't want to disassemble the motor nor drill into the housing. He doesn't even want me to tap the holes one size over.
    I'm probably going to go with PHM on this and JB Weld or epoxy in some 1/4-20 studs. There are a couple threads left right at the bottom, so that's a plus!
    I'll get to that on the next PM visit. It's snug for now...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    You could cut a 1/8 thick piece of metal to cover the bearing cover. It could be round to match the bearing or square. Drill and thread 1/4-20 holes the same distance as the original holes and epoxy the metal on top of the bearing. Then you can attach the cover to the new piece of metal.

Post Likes
    That's not a bad idea either. A little extra gap isn't a big deal. Could align the new holes with the original so I would have some wiggle room with bolt length.
    Quote Originally Posted by hands View Post
    You could cut a 1/8 thick piece of metal to cover the bearing cover. It could be round to match the bearing or square. Drill and thread 1/4-20 holes the same distance as the original holes and epoxy the metal on top of the bearing. Then you can attach the cover to the new piece of metal.
    Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123