Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    806
    Post Likes

    Ax upgrade issues

    i have 2 jaces that i have upgraded from 3.7 to 3.8. Problem is now the Niagara network connection does not connect. I can see the jaces from the supervisor down but the jaces do not see the supervisor or other jaces that are connected for points. Rebooted, deleted account, reinstalled account for connection but nothing seems to work. any advise would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,162
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gazoo View Post
    i have 2 jaces that i have upgraded from 3.7 to 3.8. Problem is now the Niagara network connection does not connect. I can see the jaces from the supervisor down but the jaces do not see the supervisor or other jaces that are connected for points. Rebooted, deleted account, reinstalled account for connection but nothing seems to work. any advise would be appreciated.
    I would look under the certificate manager and make sure the Jace is set up as an allowed host.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    SE Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,931
    Post Likes
    Did you retype the connection credentials under the Jaces and supervisor under the Niagara network of the two upgraded Jaces ?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,203
    Post Likes
    How about the fault cause?

    It will say SSL negotiation fail, user authentication fail, etc usually pointing you into the right direction.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    806
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by hvac69 View Post
    Did you retype the connection credentials under the Jaces and supervisor under the Niagara network of the two upgraded Jaces ?
    found a fix. i ended up deleting the niagara connection user account in the supervisor then recreating again. this made system connect again. weird but worked. strange part was i did this at controller but this did nothing. only when i did at supervisor did it work. thanks for all the help to all.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    209
    Post Likes
    in Tbox world, when there's something visible in the credentials fields, it does not mean the underlying code has 'got' them.
    I have no idea why, unless it's some sort of caching type thing.
    We have / had a similar issue with a site that tends to forget the credentials, except they still show up in the Name & PW fields. I found that if I put my account in & save, that works. Then I put the M2M credentials back in, and it's ok.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR