Thread: Carrier Damper System Questions

Post Likes

Carrier Damper System Questions

Existing System
    Carrier Infinity Furnace – 58CVA155 (2 stage heat with variable blower)
    Carrier Performance Condenser 4-Ton – 24APA748 (2 stage AC)
    5-Ton Coil CNPVP60224ATA
    Carrier Infinity Control – SYSTXCCUID01-B
    Wiring – 4 wire bus to furnace and condenser

Project
    Add two zone dampering system, replacing thermostat and relocating it to zone 1 and adding a second one for zone 2. I would like a thermostat that allows remote access. I also like how I can set the humidity level with the existing thermostat as my home needs more dehumification then cooling in the summer. The existing setup has been great at controlling it without over cooling our home.

I am in the process of receiving quotes for the project, but I like to do my own research and read the manuals of the products so I understand how the system will work out. I’ve been reading up on the following to see if they would be a good match for my existing system.

Infinity System Control (SYSTXCCITC01-B)
    Smart Zone Sensor (SYSTXCCSMS01-B or SYSTXBBSMS01-E?)
    Infinity Damper Control Module (SYSTXCC4ZC01)

Questions:
    With the iPhone app, can I control the temp in both zones remotely?

What are the model numbers of zone sensors that will work with Infinity System Control and Infinity Damper Control Module? The manual of the Infinity System Control says SYSTXCCSMS01-B but that seems to be a discontinued product.

If you have installed Infinity Damper Control with Infinity System Control before can you please comment on how well it worked out. Are the results solid without frequent issues? Was the customer happy with the results? Would you recommend this solution or something else for my existing system?

Post Likes
    I received my first quote from a Carrier dealer and he has proposed a EWC damper system using the EWCBMPLUS3 control panel with a bypass damper. When reading the manual on this control panel it looks like staging is controlled through run timers and equipment protection is managed via temperature sensors. It seems like an OK solution but when compared to how the Infinity Damper Control Module works it seems like a step down in functionality. The Infinity one measures the zone's air flow capability and can control the variable speed blower to match the need for air flow, while taking into account the minimum air flow needed to protect the equipment. It also doesn't need a bypass damper as it can open other zones partially to dump air so that the minimum air flow is achieved.

I would love to get an independent opinion from a professional about their experience with the Infinity Damper solution. Does it work reliability, etc.?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in