Post Likes

How do you find local suppliers?

This seems like a stupid question to me but I cannot find any way to locate a parts warehouse except go to google maps and zoom into the area of interest and then search for parts supplier or such. For example - I am trying to find out where to buy Lennox heat pumps. If I google lennox wholesalers or lennox distributors or lennox dealers... I get a big list of contractors like me who do installs. I doubt my competitor is that interested in supplying me parts or pumps.

If I go to the lennox.com website I can only find contractors like me, no parts houses. Same thing for all the other brands, I can only find them via google maps which to me, seems really odd. Guess I could call Lennox USA and ask them right? Problem solved then?

So you have contractors, dealers, distributors, suppliers, wholesalers, manufacturers.... generally speaking I only find places to buy parts when other parts houses refer me to their competitors for something they don't sell. (or go to google maps)

Post Likes
    Are you a dealer?
    Do you want to be a dealer.
    $ Talks, how much are you willing to spend?

3. Likes Zamoramax, DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Thermo View Post
    This seems like a stupid question to me but I cannot find any way to locate a parts warehouse except go to google maps and zoom into the area of interest and then search for parts supplier or such. For example - I am trying to find out where to buy Lennox heat pumps. If I google lennox wholesalers or lennox distributors or lennox dealers... I get a big list of contractors like me who do installs. I doubt my competitor is that interested in supplying me parts or pumps.

If I go to the lennox.com website I can only find contractors like me, no parts houses. Same thing for all the other brands, I can only find them via google maps which to me, seems really odd. Guess I could call Lennox USA and ask them right? Problem solved then?

So you have contractors, dealers, distributors, suppliers, wholesalers, manufacturers.... generally speaking I only find places to buy parts when other parts houses refer me to their competitors for something they don't sell. (or go to google maps)
    There are local Lennox distributers all over the landscape. You have to find your local one and establish your bono fides.

Try this : https://www.lennoxpros.com/partsplus/store-locations

I hope it copied correctly.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

5. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Looks like its on 255, north.

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    Ok i found the local "lennox partsplus" and signed for an account. Now to find a Mitsubishi dealer...no a Mitsubishi supplier... no a wholesaler... whatever you call the place that sells units to contractors. I can find a big dealer in Ohio... but cannot find a distributor locator service in the Mitsubishi web domain. All I see is a contractor locator not a distributor locator. Should I just look for parts and not a distributor? I usually don't have problems with google but just cannot figure out how to find a hvac distributor. Maybe distributor is the wrong term?

Post Likes
    https://www.mitsubishipro.com/find-distributor

I just searched for "mitsubishi pros" and it found me that website.

Post Likes
    Signing up for a Lennox account doesn't mean they will sell you Lennox branded equipment. May be able to sell Aire-Flo, which is Allied stuff. Lennox is pretty particular who gets Dave's goodies.

10. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Not being Lennox dealer I only get Lennox brand if they are outa Aire-flo!!
    Since Im a service contractor they will sell me all the lennox PARTS i WANT..

"huntsville al hvac wholesale" IN GOOgle gave me a list of wholesalers..Johnstone supply is right there??
    They sell it ALL...?? Unless your buying a semi full a month distributers will send you to wholesaler.. They protect their
    "downline"

https://www.yellowpages.com/huntsvil...hvac-wholesale
    Last edited by fixitguy; 04-28-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Post Likes
    gotcha
    Thanks all
    busy busy YAY

Post Likes
    I've found that setting Donuts & Cheap beer, out front, will draw local Suppliers, ... but then the Game Warden came & Chewed me out for trying to trap Suppliers without a License.

I Told th' Warden that I needed Suppliers, & he said that I couldn't Hunt, Trap, nor Raise them Cuz' Big Brother Protects them.

Now I gotta Use the Phonebook, & Internet, to see where to go & set out the doughnuts & cheap beer.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    I learned all the local suppliers while working at my previous jobs.

How do you not know where to buy? No judgment here, I am just kind of confused...

Post Likes
    Howdy stat - well I guess it could be poor google skills? It was easy to find contractors but I just wasn't using the right search terms I guess. brainlock? haha -- it certainly can't be operator error!