Thread: Fuse popper

Post Likes

Fuse popper

Anyone ever use those lil poppers that supco makes? Wondering what all they're good for

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by honkie45 View Post
    Anyone ever use those lil poppers that supco makes? Wondering what all they're good for

Sent from my VS501 using Tapatalk
    I use them regularly. When a system has a grounding, they save some time when searching for the ground, meaning pulling and replacing fuses. And reseting a breaker is easy peasy.

Someone will come along and tell you about another neat ground finder that is slipping my mind....

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Post Likes
    I had trouble with not popping fast enough, smoked two xformers in one day, so i no longer use them.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by channellxbob View Post
    I had trouble with not popping fast enough, smoked two xformers in one day, so i no longer use them.
    I had the same issue, then I replaced a rooftop unit with a 3.2 breaker in the control circuit and robbed the breaker when the unit was getting decommissioned. Have not had an issue since. I bought a couple of new ones for techs, they were cheaper than the poppers.

Post Likes
    Poppers can be had in 3 amp and 5 amp, did you blow your xfmr on the 3 amp one? Maybe it's got a slow-blow curve that's too slow.