Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ECtofix View Post
    LOL! I definitely agree with THAT!

I commend Brewmaster101 for his commitment in doing this. He talked about it several years ago here, but I had my doubts.

After being an instructor for six years during my twenty in the military, I can appreciate the efforts he's put forth into setting this up.
    • He had to have of thoughtfully determine the subject matter he wanted to teach by first composing his training COURSE into a categorical breakdown in order to establish a training syllabus containing broad objectives he wanted to teach (i.e., gas, steam. electric, etc....like CFESA does) where EACH is a terminal objective.
    • Then, break down each course into lessons that have their own TERMINAL OBJECTIVES (i.e., for a GAS lesson, subjects like safety, gas characteristics, combustion, gas pressre, gas burners, testing devices, etc.)
    • Each lesson gets broken down into ENABLING OBJECTIVES (i.e., in the GAS CHARACTERISTICS portion, things like sources, states, definition of BTUs, specific gravities of NG and LP, heat values of each per cubic foot, etc.).

It all ends up being a seemingly ENDLESS outline. THAT becomes the LESSON GUIDE (LG) for the instructor to guide the presentation.
    • Personal annotations into THAT allows an instructor to interject further details based upon further research, personal experiences, analogies and such.
    • THEN, write a student guide which pointedly elaborates on each enabling objective and...if you're good, provides a list of other resources to read. Student guides can be written to provide ALL information the LG does...or written to solicit student's attention by being filling-in-the-blanks as the lesson progresses.

Training aids like charts, graphs, illustrations, other training aids like passing around components or demonstrations of a burner at work.

Then there's lab work. Hands-on. A fryer or oven with gripes introduced so it can be troubleshot, etc. A lab session will usually follow a lesson in order to offer some hands-on to exercise the subject matter just covered.

Lastly, TESTS must be written. WRITTEN tests must be plausible. In other words, they must not deviate from the objectives and don't ask stupid questions as distractors (such as in multiple choice questions). PERFORMANCE tests sends students to broken down equipment (set up by the instructor) to troubleshoot and offer a conclusive diagnosis.

So YES! Brewmaster? I express accolades to you in your new endeavors and wish you much success.
    Thank you for the cudos!
    It has been HARD! Teaching newbies that dont know much about the trade was challenging.
    3rd class going now. First 2 classes i had and english barrier.
    All 3 classes assumed there wes refrigeration involved. There wasnt. Not in the class description either. So ........
    Next class I am doing commercial refrigeration. No hvac. This should fill up quick. After that i will flip back and forth. Cant do 2 classes at once.
    Wish me luck!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

N'awlins Dawlin' USA and Palmares Costa Rica
    Post Likes
    Find you an A/V internet guy and figure out a way to internet monetize and spread yourself far and wide.

Or go the Bryan Orr way at HVAC School and give it away.
    Either way I would watch and take notes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12