Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Mathew
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    ok ???
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    What defines "Christianity"?
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post

Christ ianity
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Post Likes
    It is clear that angels have come here, taken human bodies and have intervened, advised and helped us humans on many occasions. When has an angel ever endorsed or promoted the religion of Christianity?

My lifelong interest in this subject says the angels know very well who Jesus. But they do not believe that Christianity is the only way to learn Jesus' message.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by behappy View Post
    Christ ianity
    From Strong's Concordance:

G5547
    Χριστός
    Christos
    khris-tos'
    From G5548; anointed, that is, the Messiah, an epithet of Jesus: - Christ.

Total KJV occurrences: 569

-------------

G5548
    χρίω
    chriō
    khree'-o
    Probably akin to G5530 through the idea of contact; to smear or rub with oil, that is, (by implication) to consecrate to an office or religious service: - anoint.
    Total KJV occurrences: 5

----------

G5530
    χράομαι
    chraomai
    khrah'-om-ahee
    Middle voice of a primary verb (perhaps rather from G5495, to handle); to furnish what is needed; (give an oracle, “graze” [touch slightly], light upon, etc.), that is, (by implication) to employ or (by extension) to act towards one in a given manner: - entreat, use. Compare G5531, G5534.
    Total KJV occurrences: 11

----------------

Joh 1:40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother.
    Joh 1:41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.
    Joh 1:42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone.

Joh 1:40 OneG1520 ofG1537 theG3588 twoG1417 which heardG191 JohnG2491 speak, andG2532 followedG190 him,G846 wasG2258 Andrew,G406 SimonG4613 Peter'sG4074 brother.G80
    Joh 1:41 HeG3778 firstG4413 findethG2147 his ownG2398 brotherG80 Simon,G4613 andG2532 saithG3004 unto him,G846 We have foundG2147 theG3588 Messias,G3323 which is,G3603 being interpreted,G3177 theG3588 Christ.G5547

G3323
    Μεσσίας
    Messias
    mes-see'-as

Of Hebrew origin [H4899]; the Messias (that is, Mashiach), or Christ: - Messias.
    Total KJV occurrences: 2

The Messiah, or "Mashiach", which is a Hebrew to English translation, was a common term, used by the "Jews", by which they Knew of, & Looked for, their Prophesied of, King, Savior, Redeemer.

Myself,... Always asking questions, & seeking Truthful Answers, over a period of decades, I went past the common "Hebrew to Greek to English" Translations that ended with the Title "Christ", for I realized that the Greeks, had very little, if anything to do with the Ministry of "Jesus Christ", as the Greek to English translations identified Him. When I learned that the Hebrew Alphabet, never, ever had a "J", but instead had a "Y", that Floored me, for I had been raised up to accept that the KJV Translators had been "Spiritually Inspired" when they put that Bible together., ... Problem is, .... at least "In My World", .... If one is "Led by the Spirit", so to speak, then what that person, or people do & say, is going to be 100% Truth, from Our Creator, & tainted in no form, nor fashion by Man's thinking.

When one honestly, examines the Hard Core Truth, ..... "Christ", should be, in the Hebrew to English, "Messiah", or " Mashiach", ... That is, if one is sincere in their Belief of Our Soon Coming Savior/ Creator.

It Absolutely Astounded me, to Learn, that The "Messiah" was/is spoken of many times in the Tanach, or Old Testament, & I learned this, by searching for what was spoken of, claimed by, & or attributed to the "Messiah"/ "Christ",:

H4899
    מָשִׁיחַ
    mâshı̂yach
    maw-shee'-akh

From H4886; anointed; usually a consecrated person (as a king, priest, or saint); specifically the Messiah: - anointed, Messiah.
    Total KJV occurrences: 39

H4886
    מָשַׁח
    mâshach
    maw-shakh'

A primitive root; to rub with oil, that is, to anoint; by implication to consecrate; also to paint: - anoint, paint.
    Total KJV occurrences: 71

Dan 9:25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
    Dan 9:26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
    Dan 9:27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

All & all, after some serious Study, ..... "The Messiah" is The Holy One of Yisrael, or, in "Christian terminology", ... The "Christ":

Isa_43:15 I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King.

Isa_47:4 As for our redeemer, the LORD of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel.

Isa_47:4 As for our redeemer, the LORD of hosts is his name, the Holy One of Israel.

Isa_54:5 For thy Maker is thine husband; the LORD of hosts is his name; and thy Redeemer the Holy One of Israel; The God of the whole earth shall he be called.

This all goes far Deeper, & has a more astounding meaning to it, when one sets aside the "Greek to English", & studies what the "Hebrew to English" truly states.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    It is clear that angels have come here, taken human bodies and have intervened, advised and helped us humans on many occasions. When has an angel ever endorsed or promoted the religion of Christianity?

My lifelong interest in this subject says the angels know very well who Jesus. But they do not believe that Christianity is the only way to learn Jesus' message.
    Brian,

Angels have indeed, per many Scriptures, came to Earth, & performed Good Acts, as well as Evil ones. Those Evil Acts, are lightly spoken of by Peter, but heavily spoken of in the Books Enoch & Jasher:

2Pe 2:4 For if God didn’t spare angels when they sinned, but cast them down to Tartarus, and committed them to pits of darkness to be reserved for judgment;

The Angels did & do know "Jesus", or Yeshuah, for they served Him, & some even rebelled against Him.

Post Likes
    Happy First Day of the Work Week Ya'll!

Exo 31:12 Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying,
    Exo 31:13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying, ‘Most certainly you shall keep my Sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that you may know that I am Yahweh who sanctifies you.
    Exo 31:14 You shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
    Exo 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall surely be put to death.
    Exo 31:16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
    Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.’”
    Exo 31:18 He gave to Moses, when he finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the testimony, stone tablets, written with God’s finger.

Post Likes
    So DDB, what is considered work? I know it talks about not cooking meals. What I always wondered is how far does this go. Is making a cup of coffee work, or what about hobbies, is knitting fine but tinkering with a car not. I could never find where the cut off was. Or are you not to do anything except pray and study the Bible because they do say it should be a time to work on your relationship with God.

Post Likes
    Happy First Day of the Work Week Ya'll!

Exo 31:12 Yahweh spoke to Moses, saying,
    Exo 31:13 “Speak also to the children of Israel, saying, ‘Most certainly you shall keep my Sabbaths: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that you may know that I am Yahweh who sanctifies you.
    Exo 31:14 You shall keep the Sabbath therefore; for it is holy to you. Everyone who profanes it shall surely be put to death; for whoever does any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
    Exo 31:15 Six days shall work be done, but on the seventh day is a Sabbath of solemn rest, holy to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day shall surely be put to death.
    Exo 31:16 Therefore the children of Israel shall keep the Sabbath, to observe the Sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant.
    Exo 31:17 It is a sign between me and the children of Israel forever; for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed.’”
    Exo 31:18 He gave to Moses, when he finished speaking with him on Mount Sinai, the two tablets of the testimony, stone tablets, written with God’s finger.
    Well David I'm glad you recognize Sunday the Lord's day as the beginning of the week like the rest of us Christians here on ARP. Thank you, thank you very much

Post Likes
    I have an unrelated question regarding christianity.

I was in a hotel room this weekend and noticed the ever-present King James Bible on the nightstand and wondered. Why do the Christian haters allow this? Why haven't they lodged a revolt against the hotel establishment and banned this practice? They hate everything else about Jesus being forced upon us. Why do they allow this without a fight?

The Jews and Muslims must think that Book is straight from Satan...and it is in their hotel room. Oh my!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by glennac View Post
    Well David I'm glad you recognize Sunday the Lord's day as the beginning of the week like the rest of us Christians here on ARP. Thank you, thank you very much
    "Sunday the Lord's day", ... Only because of Constantine the Great , making a Liar out of The Messiah, as well as rejecting the Eternal Covenant of The Seventh Day Sabbath, when he started his Pagan "Roman Catholic Church".

How'z it feel to be an "Undercover Catholic" Glenn?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    So DDB, what is considered work? I know it talks about not cooking meals. What I always wondered is how far does this go. Is making a cup of coffee work, or what about hobbies, is knitting fine but tinkering with a car not. I could never find where the cut off was. Or are you not to do anything except pray and study the Bible because they do say it should be a time to work on your relationship with God.
    BNM,

Boiled down,... Do Not Do Any Work for a Profit.

Dedicate the Day to Worshiping Our Creator, Studying His Way, & even Loving Your Brother as Commanded, by Freely helping those in Need. So if Your Neighbor's car is broke down, & they can't afford the repair, ... Help Them, For FREE. As You work, ... Witness to them about the Messiah, & His Way.

The Restrictions that are demanded by the "Jews" & some Sects of "Christianity", are in all Truth, .... "Manure".

Per the N.T., The Messiah healed on the Sabbath, & walked about & picked ears of corn, for He & His Apostles were hungry, which all drew the Wrath of the "Tradition Upholding"/ Oral Law Jewish Leaders.

In all Truth, BNM, ... the "613 Laws", that the Jews repeatedly point to, ..... Physically can not be carried out by every Man, Woman, & Child, nor do they apply to everyone, ... It's made up crap.

As far as the "Meals", "not setting a Fire", etc., ... I'm studying that, & have been for quite some time, but right when I think I've reached a conclusion, then another Scripture/ Piece of Data pops up.

Page 26 of 53 FirstFirst ... 1619202122232425262728293031323336 ... LastLast