+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best Cordless Tools

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    I would get the impact version. The m12 fits nicely inside the tool pouch. And its also useful at installing screws without pre-drilling. Perhaps the clutch type will do that also.

But before I switched to Milwaukee I had a 12v Bosch for years, loved it. Lost it, went to buy another and I mistakenly bought a clutch type with the hex connection. I returned that after 1 day. Could not stand it. Bought the impact one, and still have it as an around the house tool.

But ive been using an impact style drill for well over a decade at that point. So maybe I was just too used to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The 2402-20 has a "drill" setting and 1700 RPM I think. It might be 1600. But it by-passes the clutch in drill setting. It works great for drilling holes. Plus it's just as small as the impact. The regular M12 drill is longer due to the chuck.
    Last edited by Brian8383; 05-06-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Post Likes
    M12 fuel, and M18 for sure, I love my Milwaukee. My father is a huge fan of the lifetime warranty on his ridged tools, but they seem to lack power when needed. I won't use another brand. They also make pretty good hand tools as well.

Post Likes
    Name:  B435128.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  41.2 KBName:  B435128.jpg
Views: 486
Size:  41.2 KB
    i have the Dewalt 12 volts driver
    no impact and with a clutch so won't strip screws
    i like it a lot, it fit in my Veto and feels really good in my hands
    Milwaukee are to chubby and heavy, personal taste, and overall not that small

4. Likes Turtleman liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Look at some of BOLTR's tool tests and teardowns on YouTube (his language can get a little colorful, if that bothers you).
    For some (but not all) tools he used to find that Milwaukee was best, but that some newer Milwaukee tools have been "improved" to cut costs. Makita has been coming out ahead in most of his more recent tests, lately. Makita was the first tool maker to use brushless motors, and it let them get a little bit ahead of everyone else.
    His review of a Dyson hair dryer was hilarious - it was an overpriced pile of crap (but some of the Dyson vacuums were fine).
    Unsurprisingly, most (but not quite all) of the stuff from Harbor Freight is garbage. If you get a kick of reviews that go into deep technical detail, and rip a new one for products that deserve it, you'll like his reviews.

Post Likes
    I recently purchased the M18 Surge (Hydraulic "Impact"). It is a beauty to use versus my DeWalt XR 1/4" Impact. It is smoother, quieter and it seems faster when using it for lighter duty work. For the longest time, because of my Father really, I used all DeWalt tools. For some reason he really got into them when their XR Brushless models came out 4 or 5 years ago. Just recently though, over the past three months, we have been buying mostly Milwaukee and we are both quite pleased with the result. And honestly, I'd rather work with tools colored red than yellow.

7. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hi there guys, i'm just new here. I would like to ask the option of all of you. Soon I will be taking over the business of my uncle which is air conditioning, electrical & plumbing services. Most of his tools were old school and outdated. I'm thinking to use the brand Milwaukee coz I've heard a lot of good reviews and recommendation about the quality and reliability of this brand. Would you please suggest me what cordless tools I need to do most of the services I'm going to provide to customers, here are the list Link removed. Thanks mates in advance.
    Last edited by beenthere; 01-07-2020 at 05:22 AM.

Post Likes
    Your taking over a company and you dont know what tools you need?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    mate i have an idea, but im looking for an expert opinion based on the experience of the Pros

Post Likes
    What type of work will you be doing?

Commercial, residential, mainly service, mainly retrofit, or construction?

Post Likes
    we cater both commercial and residential

Post Likes
    I too use Milwaukee M18 and M12, and am also using batteries several years old and still going strong. In fact my batteries have gone thru several upgrades in the drills and drivers, simply because I wanted newer more powerful tools. I think they're fantastic, and I've used a lot of others. I also have a Makita 12V compact drill and driver and love them. I use them on installs almost every week.
    My son, the building contractor, using deWalt and some Rigid and loves them. I would imagine he has upward of 40 or more batteries, and he claims that Dewalt last the longest. I dunno, but he's got a lot invested, so he must have a lot of faith in them. He buys tools like most people buy candy, so I have to think he knows his stuff.

Post Likes
    Been a milwaukee fan since the 80s. I have a lot of the m18 line, I have a few of the m12 items.

I would have to say that the m12 stuff would be fine for the vast majority of what I do but the few tools that actually needed the 18 were purchased and at that point I simply switched platforms.

Post Likes
    Was a Makita fan , had all 12v gear , needed to upgrade some items & was tossing the idea of switching to Milwaukee. Ended up switching to Milwaukee & now I wouldn’t go back to Makita.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Post Likes
    Been using Milwaukee fuel for several years. Really like it, my only issue has been there chucks. I had to have my hammer drill chuck replaced, and now my regular drill has gotten to where I need channel locks to work it. They started acting up real soon after purchase, and it just gets worse.

Post Likes
    Milwaukee M18 Brushless is the way to go!

Post Likes
    The newer Chuck's are much better, I'd contact Milwaukee and see if they'll replace yours.

Post Likes
    Milwaukee for sure. Never had any issues with my cordless drills.

Post Likes
    Started with Makita decades ago, switched to Milwaukee when they started cheaping out. IMO nothing these days compares, although the batteries are light years ahead. Had reasonable luck with Porter Cable too.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingman View Post
    Buy new.

My Son in Law works for Bosch, He has given me many a refurbished Bosch tool and I have never had a single problem with them.

Post Likes
    I just bought a Ridgid cordless drill,So far I like it!!!Time will tell.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in