Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Make
    Model of ice maker

Make
    Model of filter!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdanow00 View Post
    I'm new to this machine and have basically no ice machine experience so I'm pretty ignorant, what would be an acceptable pressure drop? I m not sure about the amount of usage. They have a distiller though, maybe I'll have them run the water through it first樂
    Pressure drop isn't as important as the supply pressure at the machine (after the filter). The pressure at the inlet of the filter may vary all over the lot, so pressure drop isn't the best metric to determine when to replace the filter.

I prefer to have a pressure gauge with a follower needle on the outlet side of the filter. The follower needle (usually red) has a little pin on it so as the gauge needle drops, the follower records the lowest outlet pressure.

https://www.google.com.ec/imgres?img...act=mrc&uact=8

Post Likes
    Manitowac model rf0244a shurflo lvpo-f1 reorder number 94-399-00

Post Likes
    Wouldn't it be easier to just change the filter per manufacturer direction? How much would it cost, to be ale to avoid all the concerns with a dirty filter?

Post Likes
    Sure, but I have to drive 2.5 hours to change a 5$ filter. So that's really a $500 filter every time... a gauge and a phone call when it reaches X number is far cheaper.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by icemeister View Post
    Pressure drop isn't as important as the supply pressure at the machine (after the filter). The pressure at the inlet of the filter may vary all over the lot, so pressure drop isn't the best metric to determine when to replace the filter.

I prefer to have a pressure gauge with a follower needle on the outlet side of the filter. The follower needle (usually red) has a little pin on it so as the gauge needle drops, the follower records the lowest outlet pressure.

https://www.google.com.ec/imgres?img...act=mrc&uact=8
    This is the setup I'm was use to when I worked on ice machines. I was use to having 2 gauges, hence why I said pressure drop.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

7. Likes pecmsg liked this post
    Post Likes
    What filter are you using that's $5? I got quoted three figures for the filters in place where I work

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by uffdanow00 View Post
    What filter are you using that's $5? I got quoted three figures for the filters in place where I work
    The pre-filter is about that much.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

10. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Cuno and Everpure are the big guns. Water filtration is not a one size fits all. If you size to small it will plug quickly and cause nuisance service calls. Size for 6 months to a year. Get customer on auto ship program and let them participate in having quality ice from a trouble free machine.

12. Likes davejohnsonnola liked this post
    N'awlins Dawlin' USA and Palmares Costa Rica
    Post Likes
    We have very high pH and a real scale problem.
    Have had some success using Scale Gone cartridges in addition to the dual Everpure system pictured above.

Post Likes
    Not changing the filter ever will eventually lead to the filter plugging up which will restrict or totally eliminate water feed to the ice machine. Can't make ice without water!

Post Likes
    And +1 to the everpure setup. That's what I install when a customer requests a filtration setup.

Post Likes
    How do you activate Everpure filters?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast