Post Likes

Problem with Nu-Calgon EasySeal

I don’t use sealant very often. I would rather find the definitive leak and silver it closed. However, I have had two systems recently where I could not precisely locate the leak. So, I used sealant.

The first time I used EasySeal 4050-08, I had no problem injecting it.

The second time, I used sealant from a different supplier, and presumably it was from a different lot.

I could not get the Direct Inject to release into the system.

When I disconnected my hose from the Direct Inject tube, I lost the contents.

So, I tried a second tube. I still couldn’t get the injector to work. I called the supply house, and they gave me a number for Nu-Calgon tech. support. The tech. support person suggested trying to let the sealant go back into my charging hose.

So, I placed the middle of the hose below the level of the injector tube, and the liquid sealant flowed back into my hose. Fortunately, I had a ball valve on my hose. So, I closed the valve, and trapped the sealant in my hose. Then I removed the injector, purged air from the stub of the hose, injected the sealant and charged the system.

Nu-Calgon was great about saying they would send some replacement products.

Have you had any problems with bad check valves or short Schrader depressors in these injector tubes?
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by David Goodman View Post
    I don’t use sealant very often. I would rather find the definitive leak and silver it closed. However, I have had two systems recently where I could not precisely locate the leak. So, I used sealant.

The first time I used EasySeal 4050-08, I had no problem injecting it.

The second time, I used sealant from a different supplier, and presumably it was from a different lot.

I could not get the Direct Inject to release into the system.

When I disconnected my hose from the Direct Inject tube, I lost the contents.

So, I tried a second tube. I still couldn’t get the injector to work. I called the supply house, and they gave me a number for Nu-Calgon tech. support. The tech. support person suggested trying to let the sealant go back into my charging hose.

So, I placed the middle of the hose below the level of the injector tube, and the liquid sealant flowed back into my hose. Fortunately, I had a ball valve on my hose. So, I closed the valve, and trapped the sealant in my hose. Then I removed the injector, purged air from the stub of the hose, injected the sealant and charged the system.

Nu-Calgon was great about saying they would send some replacement products.

Have you had any problems with bad check valves or short Schrader depressors in these injector tubes?
    I’ve had a couple that I had to slightly loosen the schrader depressor so it would make contact with the core

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Raseri View Post
    I’ve had a couple that I had to slightly loosen the schrader depressor so it would make contact with the core

I didn’t try that because I was worried about getting a shot of sealant in my face. The stuff burned on my fingers and in cuts. So, I definitely didn’t want it in my eyes.
    It's an upside down world we live in.

Post Likes
    Easy Seal is worthless from my experience. Haven't seen it work even once among dozens of applications.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ugottabkidnme View Post
    Easy Seal is worthless from my experience. Haven't seen it work even once among dozens of applications.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    I’ve had the opposite experience. But knowing where it might work is important. It will not seal a leaking mechanical connection. It Will seal a mid run coil leak