Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 53
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Likes

    Asahi Beer Dispensing.

    Working on the below Beer Dispenser & I’m having trouble finding CO2 Pressures in Relation to Keg Temperature.

    http://www.bracton.com/wp-content/up...-UM-073536.pdf

    The Keg is left in Ambient Conditions & is Chilled by the Dispensers Ice Bath.

    Does anybody have a Chart on what CO2(N2)Beer Gas Pressure should be depending on the Keg Temperature ?

    TIA.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Medford, N.Y.
    Posts
    5,415
    Post Likes
    The kegs are in ambient temps as in 70-80-90*F ?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by TechmanTerry View Post
    The kegs are in ambient temps as in 70-80-90*F ?
    They are just sitting behind the Bar.
    I had my ThermoCouple on the keg & it was 27’C which is 80.6F.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Medford, N.Y.
    Posts
    5,415
    Post Likes
    How long does a keg last? I thought that warm kegs cause the yeast to be activated and changes the flavor of the beverage?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,419
    Post Likes
    CO2 pressure varies based on beer type as well as temperature. It's somewhat odd that the kegs aren't chilled, likely will lead to excessive foaming.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rjk_cmh View Post
    CO2 pressure varies based on beer type as well as temperature. It's somewhat odd that the kegs aren't chilled, likely will lead to excessive foaming.
    I Poured 4 Off yesterday with a nice consistent head each time. Usually at other places they are stored in a small underbench cooler but the Dispenser in this case chills it right to the Font.
    I agree that this Pressure/Temperature Relationship should come from the Manufacturer but Im even having trouble obtaining this from their Service Department.

    Techman

    Unsure on how long they last as I was getting conflicting stories on the problem. It is located at a small Hotel/Motel Dining Restaurant. The Bar Manager was baffled that I was even there as he stated he was having no issues & suspected it was some of the new female staffs pouring Technique.

    Id say they would be looking at possibly 1week
    The keg size is in the link below.

    https://www.kingkeg.com/asahi-asahi-...5-gal-keg.html
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Just had an American Company who hires out Beer Dispensers & Kegs that it is 12psi.

    I asked them “Doesn’t this Pressure also depend on Temperature , if my Keg is at 2’C it would be x pressure
    Keg is at 27’C it would be x pressure

    Still waiting on a reply.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    N'awlins Dawlin' USA and Palmares Costa Rica
    Posts
    121
    Post Likes
    For a single keg in a short throw undercounter quick chilling dispenser you should be fine with 10-12psi entering your keg.

    For the music fest coming up here at the end of the month we will often put three or four kegs of the same flavor in series with piggy back connections, then run the beer thru 300 feet of stainless coiled tubing that is in ice baths. They need pressures entering the first keg upwards of 35-40psi. These kegs are being removed from refrigerated trailers before being put out on the grounds under tents at dawn. We will change those kegs out three or four at a time until all run dry. They might stay out overnight if there is music the next day, but I would be leery of leaving tapped kegs at 80 degrees for more than overnight.

  9. Likes fridg liked this post
  10. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Southold, NY
    Posts
    22,266
    Post Likes
    Doesnt work like that

    Pressurize a cold keg to 10 PSIG and let it warm you might get a minor increase. Cooling it is the same minor decrease.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    21,628
    Post Likes
    Well, it's a complicated subject. At a minimum you want 8 psi at the keg. The OBM (original beverage manufacturer) of the beer will tell you the optimum pressure for their specific beer. They vary... a LOT... even within the same OBM. For example, I have one OBM that makes a nice wheat beer. Optimum pressure is 10 psi. Their red stout-like beer requires 15 psi. Their true stout 18-20 psi.

    The colder the beer is, the more the CO2 will dissolve into the beer. A happy medium is needed to prevent over-foaming.

    To carbonate a beverage you need 50-60 psi, movement of the keg, surface area, and cold temperatures. Be aware that a keg often has a max pressure of 60 psi.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Well, it's a complicated subject. At a minimum you want 8 psi at the keg. The OBM (original beverage manufacturer) of the beer will tell you the optimum pressure for their specific beer. They vary... a LOT... even within the same OBM. For example, I have one OBM that makes a nice wheat beer. Optimum pressure is 10 psi. Their red stout-like beer requires 15 psi. Their true stout 18-20 psi.

    The colder the beer is, the more the CO2 will dissolve into the beer. A happy medium is needed to prevent over-foaming.

    To carbonate a beverage you need 50-60 psi, movement of the keg, surface area, and cold temperatures. Be aware that a keg often has a max pressure of 60 psi.
    Some good info thanks guys.

    I’m trying to get the Specs from Asahi & I’m not going to stop until they give me a figure or figures.

    At the moment the CO2 Pressure is set to 235kpa (34psi).

    PostMix Drinks (SoftDrink) we work off 550kpa (79psi) to the Carbonation Tank , this is also Beverage Specs.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Billington Heights, NY
    Posts
    21,628
    Post Likes
    Post mix drinks (like the Coca-Cola machines) use a pump and an OEM tank for carbonation. The pressures are allowed to be higher.

    34 psi on the beer taps sounds excessive. Do they not get a good flow at a lower pressure? It could be a lack of maintenance issue, too, that they need a high psi.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Australia : Queensland
    Posts
    1,821
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    Post mix drinks (like the Coca-Cola machines) use a pump and an OEM tank for carbonation. The pressures are allowed to be higher.

    34 psi on the beer taps sounds excessive. Do they not get a good flow at a lower pressure? It could be a lack of maintenance issue, too, that they need a high psi.
    Product still pours slow at the Font , which is good as you can control your pour. Id say if it was considerably lower they would have pour issues.

    The line from the CO2 Bottle to Keg is 500mm
    The line from Keg to the Dispenser is 700mm
    The line from Dispenser to Font is 800mm.
    The primary function of the design engineer is to make things difficult for the fabricator and impossible for the serviceman.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •