Post Likes

Need a Fan Curve

I have to test a fan but can't find a fan curve. I haven't seen the fan and only know what I've been told. The fan is centrifugal type is 12 inch and operates at 2100 RPM, draws 9 horsepower and delivers 3200 CFM. I don't know the specific fan type or static pressure. Can anyone tell me the fan type and design static pressure?

Post Likes
    Yea you're going to have to get a model and serial number of the unit or the fan model number. No way I can think of with what's provided as the blade design and pitch it self is also a factor. Though I could be wrong.

Post Likes
    9 HP and 3200 CFM does not seem right, the the Make and Model if you can

Post Likes
    There is no tag on the unit. I'm thinking given the fan speed, size and horsepower that it is a blower. I'm guessing the static is 10 to 12 inches. I hate to test it without getting some idea of what it is and should be. I can't find a fan curve that comes close to the info I've been given.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    There is no tag on the unit. I'm thinking given the fan speed, size and horsepower that it is a blower. I'm guessing the static is 10 to 12 inches. I hate to test it without getting some idea of what it is and should be. I can't find a fan curve that comes close to the info I've been given.
    it's not going to be 10-12 inches of static, your ducts would explode snap a picture of the unit --high static fans would be backwards incline

Post Likes
    The fan doesn't have duct just an outlet nozzle. By calculation the static would be 18 inches. Air horsepower calculations are not reliable because the fan type thus efficiency isn't taken into account but it did confirm my thinking that the static is higher than an hvac fan. I'm thinking the efficiency isn't better than about 60%. I don't know what the fan is for. All I know is they want it tested. It is a small company and I think they took a fan they had laying around and are using it for something they dreamed up.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by WAYNE3298 View Post
    The fan doesn't have duct just an outlet nozzle. By calculation the static would be 18 inches. Air horsepower calculations are not reliable because the fan type thus efficiency isn't taken into account but it did confirm my thinking that the static is higher than an hvac fan. I'm thinking the efficiency isn't better than about 60%. I don't know what the fan is for. All I know is they want it tested. It is a small company and I think they took a fan they had laying around and are using it for something they dreamed up.
    My bad, this is not on an HVAC unit

Post Likes
    Is it an exhaust fan?

Post Likes
    It is a supply fan.