Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    You guys are at 50+? Wtf. We are at like 35ish plus like $4 for v&h here in San Diego. Definitely not cheap to live here. Basically everywhere else in So cal has a higher scale than us and many are cheaper to live in than San Diego. I really hate this local.
    Yes we are a little over $52 plus $4 vacation and just got an $18 an hr over 6 years on our new contract. We have a good market share here and set the pace for everyone else. We have maybe 5 guys on the bench (probably a reason). Zero apprentices on the bench and many companies that are running ads and trying to hire outside the union and bring guys in.

If you hate your local what have you done to change it? did you go to the last meeting?
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by buttwheat View Post
    Yes we are a little over $52 plus $4 vacation and just got an $18 an hr over 6 years on our new contract. We have a good market share here and set the pace for everyone else. We have maybe 5 guys on the bench (probably a reason). Zero apprentices on the bench and many companies that are running ads and trying to hire outside the union and bring guys in.

If you hate your local what have you done to change it? did you go to the last meeting?
    I didnt go to the last one because I was working that Friday night. I did go to the one before it. It's irrelevant as I dont have voting rights because I'm only a 2nd year. I listen to what they say and they only care about fitters and plumbers. Service Techs are second class citizens to them. Which is kind of why I want to leave here, but I'll probably just wait until I journey out.

I understand what you are saying though.

Hey if you guys want a second year apprentice let me know. (End of shameless plug)

Post Likes
    I didnt go to the last one because I was working that Friday night. I did go to the one before it. It's irrelevant as I dont have voting rights because I'm only a 2nd year. I listen to what they say and they only care about fitters and plumbers. Service Techs are second class citizens to them. Which is kind of why I want to leave here, but I'll probably just wait until I journey out.

Hey if you guys want a second year apprentice let me know. (End of shameless plug)
    You are very negative and come across with a sense of entitlement typical of the so called millennial's.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    but I'll probably just wait until I journey out.
    This. Right. Here.

Gut it out, get that experience/training, earn your journeyman status, and then shop around. You become a solid tech, your name will get around (in union and non-union circles), and you should eventually find a good home.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    You are very negative and come across with a sense of entitlement typical of the so called millennial's.
    So because I dont view things the same way you do I'm entitled? Typical baby boomer attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Chain Blue Lightning View Post
    This. Right. Here.

Gut it out, get that experience/training, earn your journeyman status, and then shop around. You become a solid tech, your name will get around (in union and non-union circles), and you should eventually find a good home.
    At this point it's probably what's most logical. Kind of sucks because CA is going down the crapper but I'll manage.

Post Likes

We just changed our rules so now apprentices can vote.
    We may be looking for an apprentice https://www.mckinstry.com/ typically service union jobs aren't listed in the carriers section but I can hook you up with a contact person.
    Or you can contact the hall http://www.ualocal32.com/
    But remember it rains here
    UA Proud

"Phfft! Facts. You can use them to prove anything." Homer Simpson

Post Likes
    So because I dont view things the same way you do I'm entitled? Typical baby boomer attitude.
    All your posts here about your local and employment situation are negative, in another thread you complained about the company van you drive having too many miles without realizing that most 2yr apprentices don't get a van to take home.
    There is not better place for the working men than the union! 100% UA the only HVAC union!

Post Likes
    At this point it's probably what's most logical. Kind of sucks because CA is going down the crapper but I'll manage.
    Nevermind what's going on with CA, so long as it does not knock you off course. Stay focused, get that experience, make a name for yourself, and get on with it. See the big picture.

9. Likes buttwheat liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123