+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: P51-870 Titan digital manifold

Post Likes
    Any of yall have any input on these. I am looking to buy them because I got the Testo 550 and they are not worth a dime in my opinion. I should have just bought these from the get go.

Post Likes
    I say yes buy them, i like mine quite a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Just do It. Honestly I couldn’t ask for a better replacement for my digi cools

Post Likes
    Pretty old thread but just wondering how you guys like the YJs now?

Mods...is it OK to pick up on an old thread ?

Post Likes
    Thumbs up

6. Likes icy78 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    To be fair I haven’t used the micron gauge. I like my BluVac. I had to send them for warranty, they wouldn’t charge. Other than that, they have been solid to work with and use. I don’t throw them at the wall, but I do use them a lot. I think what I like the most is everything on one screen while having the feel of analog.

8. Likes icy78 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I got the P51-870 last fall and now the whole head is coming loose of the manifold. The little torx screws are tight that hold the head together, I didn't remove them, just put a torx driver on them to make sure they weren't coming loose.

How do I get warranty? Go to yellow jacket or take them back where I got them?

Post Likes
    Id return it to where you bought it. If it is not even 12 months old then there should be no issue with warranty.

The USB charging port broke off the back of mine. I think it's a bad deign to have it on the back of the manifold, as when you are charging it, it tend to lie on it back and can therefore break the USB port. Mine was 18 months old at that stage and I took it back to the supplier. They sent it to Yellow Jacket and they repaired it under warranty.

Post Likes

I bought myself 2 sets P51-870

Quote Originally Posted by Chillmac View Post
    Does anyone use the P51-870 digital manifold's?
    If so can you let me know what your thoughts are, the pro's and con's.

I have the Testo 570-2, got it a couple of years ago, but it looks like its given up the will to live.
    I was using it at the weekend and it got wet on the job, and hasn't been the same since. Can't get it to zero out.

So thinking of investing in the Yellow Jacket P51-870.
    I know I can then also get the pipe clamps for the superheats and sub-cooling temps, but can you get the Velcro clamps to wrap around bigger pipes?
    Back in June of 2020 I payed off my first set of 870's. About a week later I had them hanging in the back of my van. I had a power bank plugged up to the micro-usb jack for charging between jobs. Something went array and the power supply fell to the floor. I didn't notice any problems right off.. finished my next call and went to charge the power bank when i found the entire other side of the micro usb still attached to my charging cable.. YES! it tore completely out of the back of the gages! I was quite upset! I tried to contact YJ but they were little to no help at all. I went back to the distributor where I bought them. Told them YJ wanted me to ship the gages in for warranty repair but shipping both ways was at my expense! The supply house said they would handle it so I left them there. I figured a YJ factory repair was going to take months and I absolutely love these gages (having owned 3 sets of FP digitals) so I turned around and spent 600 more on another set. Now I am styling and profiling with the 2 sets., my first set came back in less than a month. The way they broke to begin with was mostly my fault.

They have bright vibrant colors. They display all the info you need right on the screen. Pressure, sat temp, llt, slt, sh, sc all on the pressure temp mode screen. If you leave the brightness setting on high the battery will drain fast, but I leave mine on 50 percent mostly. Also theres a screen timeout funtion where the screen goes dim after preset amount of time. I like to leave this set on 10 secs., this way my battery lasts weeks instead of days. Also another note for extended battery life is to use the App more than the gage screen itself.

I use the YJ View app. It allows me to seamlessly connect and view both of my gage sets, my wireless scales, my wireless psychrometers, and wireless temp clamps all at once.

One thing I am dismayed about is the incompatibility with 3rd party apps. There are a couple out there that I really like that all the other Digital manufacturers are in sinc with, but YJ is a tad stuck up and wont allow us to use thier tools with others apps. I reached out to app designers and they say YJ just wont get on board.

All in all these are the best gages I have ever owned. the fact that I bought a 2nd set when mine went in for warranty should prove it to anyone thinking of making this investment. They come with a nice sling bag for carrying too! its durable and very well padded. Good Luck Guys!!! Heating and Cooling the World! HVACmedic911 singing off

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in