Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Does anyone know if the 860 displays psi, line temp, sat temp and sh-sc all at the same time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    The optional vacuum sensor with the 860 and the included one with the 870 are not integral with the manifold. The customer that bought the 860 also bought the vacuum sensor. He called me the other day asking how it showed microns. You have to go to the modes and select evacuation.

Yes, both the vacuum gauge and the pipe clamps use the mini 1/8" headphone plugs.

On the 860 in the pressure temp mode, it will always show the high and low pressure at the top, but below, it will either show superheat and subcooling, or you can toggle that to saturation temps for both liquid and vapor, or the measured line temps from the pipe clamps. My 870 will show everything, but I would caution that the color screen will probably eat up more battery life than the 860 which is monochrome dot matrix lcd with backlight. Plus, unless you would use a screen protector on the 870, I could see the touchscreen on it getting dirty/scratched/smudged over time with everyday use. The 860 seems like a good compromise, but it will not show all readings at once like the SMAN does. But I personally believe the housing being smaller on both of these will lead to a little more structurally sound housing compared to the SMAN.

4. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    Post on here in the YJ forum, very responsive, can you return it at the supply shop you bought it at? at the very lleast your covered under the YJ warranty for a year.
    Issue with gauge or manifold not holding microns. After testing it with different micron gauges, manifold set and hoses, I determined the new set was leaking someplace.

I tried to go through Johnstone where I got them from but they as always were no help. I hate buying tools through them but they were the only local shop that could get them. They said I had to send them in for repair. I told them no thanks. I ended up writing YJ directly and let them know what was going on and they sent a new pair. I should get them in a couple days. The engineer that I was in contact with said he checked and tested this new test personally before shipping them. Hopefully they work.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by itsiceman View Post
    The manifold or inside the gauge?
    Not sure exactly. Wouldn't hold microns under a vacuum. Thought it was the system at first but I swapped manifolds and used the same micron gauge, no issues.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by heatingelement View Post
    Issue with gauge or manifold not holding microns. After testing it with different micron gauges, manifold set and hoses, I determined the new set was leaking someplace.

I tried to go through Johnstone where I got them from but they as always were no help. I hate buying tools through them but they were the only local shop that could get them. They said I had to send them in for repair. I told them no thanks. I ended up writing YJ directly and let them know what was going on and they sent a new pair. I should get them in a couple days. The engineer that I was in contact with said he checked and tested this new test personally before shipping them. Hopefully they work.
    I think they will be OK, to be honest though, the last titan 4 port manifold I bought with analog gauges leaked, I'm weary of that particular manifold, I'm going to buy the new ones though. They did bounce around in the back of van a bit but still...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    HVAC Magician @ UA Local 638

Post Likes
    YJ sent a new replacement and I sent the old one back. Had a chance to test it out. Evacuation works great, holds with no raise. Also got to test out the pressure test feature. Works very well. I installed a new evap coil, pressurized the system and it helped me detect a leak at the U tube on the new coil. If it were analog gauges I may not have seen it until evacuation.

Very pleased with this set. Highly recommend. A co worker has the testos which just quit on him, he's switching to these.

Post Likes
    Does anyone know if you can get bigger clamps for this manifold or temperature sensors on Velcro to wrap around the suctions lines and liquid lines?
    I bought a new set two weeks ago, but I could really do with the wrap around sensors and because YJ use the head-phone jack, I can seem to find any anywhere.

Other than that, very pleased with it, but weary of the battery life. Just need to keep an eye on it and you got to recharge it and you don't want to end up at the job with only 10% battery left.

Post Likes
    Been using the 870 for the last two weeks and really enjoy using them every time i have to pull them out of the van. Two things that I’d like to see them change would be making a Bluetooth temperature clamp and vacuum gauge to get rid of the wires. I know some people will say why don’t you just get the probes but I like having a dedicated screen so I can keep my phone free. The second thing is a little bit picky but your flagship manifold should come with hoses that have a ball valve or sealright fitting.

11. Likes ga-hvac-tech liked this post
    Post Likes
    Imma get a one

Post Likes
    Im debating of these or the Testo 550

Post Likes
    Low side transducer on my AK900 quit any more input on these? Not interested in the new testos. I have the original 557 that I keep for back up. No field piece. I have the sporlan smart service tool for quick stuff. Any additional insight would be great.

Post Likes
    Take the battery out of the DC... wait a few minutes... put it back in...
    This cleared up the low side issue for me a few times.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

16. Likes IceWhiteice liked this post
    Post Likes
    I already tried that. Left it sit overnight with no avail.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast