Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Likes

    Another oil bites it

    Attached Images Attached Images      
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

  2. Likes kdean1, F250HVAC liked this post
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    thomaston, ct
    Posts
    385
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    That’s some impressive duct fabrication, do you hand layout or use a laser?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Old school, by hand.



    Quote Originally Posted by jlanesey View Post
    That’s some impressive duct fabrication, do you hand layout or use a laser?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    thomaston, ct
    Posts
    385
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by billg View Post
    Old school, by hand.
    That’s a thing of beauty, really impressive. The company I used to work for subbed our ducts out to a company with a laser. My new shop we have our own shop all manual equip. I haven’t had to make anything more than a plenum or transition in years and I’m looking forward to brushing up again. I’ve got to find a good book or something. I wish I paid more attention to the old timers years ago.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Thanks
    It's not what you're capable of doing that defines you, it's what you do on a daily basis.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Posts
    39,178
    Post Likes
    Always nice to see oil come out especially when replaced with such a fine job.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beatrice, NE
    Posts
    6,544
    Post Likes
    Very nice, well done indeed!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    627
    Post Likes
    Looks great. So how does it work up north. Are you taking these pictures before you seal and insulate it? Or none required because the basement is conditioned?

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Grand Blanc
    Posts
    470
    Post Likes
    Amazing. You work is truly inspiring for me. I recently finished one for my sister did all fittings like yourself. Waiting to finish the AC before posting pics. I also hand layout and fabricate everything, that Budzik book you recommended really came in handy. Thanks for sharing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Thanks for the kind compliments, it means alot to me to be able to share my knowledge.
    There are two people on here I don't even have to see the name to know who did it, you and jimmyed .


    Quote Originally Posted by johoff34 View Post
    Amazing. You work is truly inspiring for me. I recently finished one for my sister did all fittings like yourself. Waiting to finish the AC before posting pics. I also hand layout and fabricate everything, that Budzik book you recommended really came in handy. Thanks for sharing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. Likes johoff34 liked this post
  13. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    It's in the conditioned space, so no insulation or major sealing needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisevansac View Post
    Looks great. So how does it work up north. Are you taking these pictures before you seal and insulate it? Or none required because the basement is conditioned?

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    547
    Post Likes
    Old duct looked great and the new even better. Nice work...


    Edit...
    Just curious, why not buy a cased coil? Just a regional thing I guess. I’ve never seen a nice job in the south without a cased coil.

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Caledonia WI
    Posts
    1,833
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    It's their old coil and ac unit so I just reinstalled it.


    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobie View Post
    Old duct looked great and the new even better. Nice work...


    Edit...
    Just curious, why not buy a cased coil? Just a regional thing I guess. I’ve never seen a nice job in the south without a cased coil.

  16. Likes Scoobie liked this post

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor MagazineThe place where Electrical professionals meet.