Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by garyed View Post
    I'm not getting email notifications like I normally do on threads I've subscribed to either. Maybe I'm getting blacklisted for my dissenting opinions. Getting back to the spiritual aspect, the thing about Free Choice or Free Will is an interesting discussion. Sometimes I wonder if we really do have any free will at all, but either way it still doesn't excuse us from not trying to do the right thing.
    Gary, How many Scriptures would You need to see/ be referred to, in order to be convinced that We have the Free Will to Chose between Good & Wrong?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    We are given free will after being given some ground rules! Not everyone will listen and obey. Especially drug addled children/ maniacs and muslims. (couldn't resist!)

BTW, it seems that no one is getting email notifications including TPTB.

Post Likes
    I was not thinking as much about the shooters choices(free will) but more about the children that never had a choice & got shot. So for the children there could have been some divine intervention if you believe that God has the power.

"there could have been some divine intervention if you believe that God has the power. "

Now if my feeble mind is working correctly Gary, ... You Stated that You Believed in God, but here, ... You Question His Power, as well as His Ability/ Desire to intervene when a Wrong is committed?

I Fully Assure You that HE doesn't want to see Mankind commit the Abominations, Sin, & Horrible Acts that it does, BUT, ... HE allows it, cuz' that is the path that Mankind has Chosen, & I learned that from The Bible, ..... Which by the way, "IF" it were still part of Our Public Education System, .... I'm sure that many would have a Better Understanding of their Creator & His Way. But Sadly, in Today's World, .... Very Few people, WILLINGLY Study The Scriptures on their Own.

Most people get their Scriptural Teachings while "Warming a Pew" in a "Church" that is biased towards one of the more than 500 Sects of "Christianity"., by a "Leader" that is more concerned about the "Tithes" (His/Her Paycheck), than Teaching The truth of The Way.

Most people only turn to the pages of The Bible, as directed by their "Spiritual Leader", instead of Seeking what is Written about a Topic on their Own Time, so their Knowledge of Scripture is Limited to what they are taught, when they assemble.

Gary, ... It used to be that Our Children were referred to, taught of, "God" & His Bible, every school day, which gave them a far greater exposure to The Word, than just one day out of the Week.

How have You received Your Biblical knowledge?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by corny View Post
    Free will is given to the 250 lb 6 foot tall black guy with a knife bearing down on the 12 year old white girl in an alley. What is fixing to happen to the girl is just God working in his mysterious ways.

And while this guy will probably live out his life killing and raping till he gets too old to do so and ends up living in a nice comfy government apartment with an edc card and free health care for the rest of his long care free life....

God will get him in the end.

No Sir!!!!

Unless of course Corny, .... This "God" that you are speaking of is Satan.

But per the Original Post, ...... If, as in the manner of Our Predecessors, The Bible was Taught in Our Schools, .... Do You think that there would be so many Rapes & Murders?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post

"there could have been some divine intervention if you believe that God has the power. "

Now if my feeble mind is working correctly Gary, ... You Stated that You Believed in God, but here, ... You Question His Power, as well as His Ability/ Desire to intervene when a Wrong is committed?
    I do not question God's power but only question why He does not use that power to stop the killing of innocent children. I have come to the conclusion that the reason why is beyond human comprehension but there is a purpose & plan for all that happens in this world. If you think of God as a father raising his children then it is logical that the father will guide them but also let his children struggle & learn lessons from the errs of their ways. The illogical thing would be for the father to let his children kill other innocent children while they learn those lessons. So it really comes down to faith & not logic.

I Fully Assure You that HE doesn't want to see Mankind commit the Abominations, Sin, & Horrible Acts that it does, BUT, ... HE allows it, cuz' that is the path that Mankind has Chosen, & I learned that from The Bible, ..... Which by the way, "IF" it were still part of Our Public Education System, .... I'm sure that many would have a Better Understanding of their Creator & His Way. But Sadly, in Today's World, .... Very Few people, WILLINGLY Study The Scriptures on their Own.

Most people get their Scriptural Teachings while "Warming a Pew" in a "Church" that is biased towards one of the more than 500 Sects of "Christianity"., by a "Leader" that is more concerned about the "Tithes" (His/Her Paycheck), than Teaching The truth of The Way.

Most people only turn to the pages of The Bible, as directed by their "Spiritual Leader", instead of Seeking what is Written about a Topic on their Own Time, so their Knowledge of Scripture is Limited to what they are taught, when they assemble.

Gary, ... It used to be that Our Children were referred to, taught of, "God" & His Bible, every school day, which gave them a far greater exposure to The Word, than just one day out of the Week.

How have You received Your Biblical knowledge?
    I have very little Biblical knowledge. I was taught from the Old Testament & read a little from it but that's about it. I respect the Bible as a great book but whatever faith I have in God does not come from any book.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.

Post Likes
    The MSM will withhold the shooters name when they are of Middle Eastern descent. If on the other hand, the shooter is white, they plaster his name all over creation.

Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    Glad you brought this up. Since Columbine I have always wondered if the media would withhold the name so only those immediately involved would know the name. The national attention would be gone, the fame or infamy would be gone, and so would be one of the reasons to try a mass shooting.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

7. Likes davidj001, DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    No Sir!!!!

Unless of course Corny, .... This "God" that you are speaking of is Satan.

But per the Original Post, ...... If, as in the manner of Our Predecessors, The Bible was Taught in Our Schools, .... Do You think that there would be so many Rapes & Murders?
    I dont think it would make much of a difference. Some of the worst human beings I have ever met were the sons and daughters of "preachers" who had the bible rammed down them so hard when they were growing up that they rebelled in the worst possible ways when they got out from under daddy and mommys yoke.

Shouldnt it be the parents responsibility to raise their children the way they wish to raise them ? Why do we need schools to do it ???

And as far as bible teaching in schools I dont remember the bible ever being taught as part in school. Sure... when I was a kid in the 60s we had the pledge and the lords prayer but that was it.

And even today... the bible is not banned in schools. We have bible study in schools around here as part of extracurricular activities. Most schools here have a bible study group and the only rule is that it cannot be led by a teacher and if students of other religions would like to have the same time set aside for them... the school must allow it.

Nope.. having the schools ram a particular religion down someones throat isnt the answer.
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

Post Likes
    If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, you want to stop these senseless school shootings?

Just put up a sign that says Gun Free Zone. Yeah, yeah, that's the ticket, that'll stop these senseless school shootings.

I dont think it would make much of a difference. Some of the worst human beings I have ever met were the sons and daughters of "preachers" who had the bible rammed down them so hard when they were growing up that they rebelled in the worst possible ways when they got out from under daddy and mommys yoke.

Shouldnt it be the parents responsibility to raise their children the way they wish to raise them ? Why do we need schools to do it ???

And as far as bible teaching in schools I dont remember the bible ever being taught as part in school. Sure... when I was a kid in the 60s we had the pledge and the lords prayer but that was it.

And even today... the bible is not banned in schools. We have bible study in schools around here as part of extracurricular activities. Most schools here have a bible study group and the only rule is that it cannot be led by a teacher and if students of other religions would like to have the same time set aside for them... the school must allow it.

Nope.. having the schools ram a particular religion down someones throat isnt the answer.
    If you were a real tech, you'd solder a relay on that board and call it good to go.

I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

I use 56% silver on everything except steel.

10. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Putting up a sign that says armed man with shotgun inside isnt going to deter some folks. These people who do these killings have something wrong with the old wiring in the noggin..... The kid in parkland, the kid in maryland... these were teenagers and they saw the solution to their teen angst in a gun... in murdering someone.

Got to be a multi pronged approach...... You can throw God in their if you wish... but lets try some things that will produce results first.

I wonder how many of these children who kill spent many a night in bed praying for God to help them with their problems.... and after night after night after night of praying and not seeing their prayers answered that they just gave up on God and took matters into their own hands.. ???
    The bible is my constitution and the constitution is my bible.

WE THE PEOPLE refers to THEM and not YOU.

Chewbacca Mom 2016

12. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    Putting up a sign that says armed man with shotgun inside isnt going to deter some folks. These people who do these killings have something wrong with the old wiring in the noggin..... The kid in parkland, the kid in maryland... these were teenagers and they saw the solution to their teen angst in a gun... in murdering someone.

Got to be a multi pronged approach...... You can throw God in their if you wish... but lets try some things that will produce results first.

I wonder how many of these children who kill spent many a night in bed praying for God to help them with their problems.... and after night after night after night of praying and not seeing their prayers answered that they just gave up on God and took matters into their own hands.. ???
    'oil, it may not prevent a shooter but it will end in a happy manner (dead pimpleface) with fewer people hurt.

A few years ago, a slug waited in the school parking lot for his ex girlfriend. Can't stop these even with new useless gun control laws. He could have attacked her with a knife! Talk about a nastier wound!

If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!

Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

"And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

"it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

“Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

14. Likes DavidDeBord liked this post
    Post Likes
    I was with you all the way up to this point.
    Once you started playing the God card you lost me. If you want to blame someone for all the shootings then blame God himself. Doesn't God have the power to stop these shooters especially from murdering children? I believe in God & therefore believe He does have the power to stop these atrocities. He still allows these shootings to happen for whatever reason that is beyond our comprehension. On the non spiritual side I believe the biggest reason for all the mass shootings is the information that goes along with the evolution of society. Terrorism learns from past terrorism & ideas get expounded upon. There is just more news coverage & more information to put ideas in the minds of these sickos & there are more sickos out there than before.
    -----------------

"Once you started playing the God card you lost me. If you want to blame someone for all the shootings then blame God himself."

I'm going to try to Re-post my reply to You Gary, & the Message that I'm getting now is that the "Files are to large", so, ....... I'll cut it in half, & Identify the first as Part 1, & the second as Part 2:

Mankind was given "Free Choice", by His Creator Gary,.... He laid out two Paths for us to follow, with One being the Right Way, that if taken, One would receive many Blessings, & the other being the Wrong Way, where that Choice would bring many unpleasant, even Painful Consequences.

We, who Believe, are not yet in the Kingdom of Heaven, We're still going through this "Time of Choices", so therefore No One can Honestly Blame "God", which is a Title, not His Name, by the way, for the Majority of Evil that Mankind has done.

HE, dosen't want Unthinking Robots, that are programed to live in this World, the way that He wants. No Sir.

HE wants us to Willingly Choose His Way, & HE, even stated so, & in fact HE gave Mankind, through the Children of Yisrael, a Eternal Ten Commandments COVENANT, as a Guidepost, on How To Live:

Gen_4:7 If you do well, won’t it be lifted up? If you don’t do well, sin crouches at the door. Its desire is for you, but you are to rule over it.”

Exo 19:5 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey my voice, and keep my covenant, then you shall be my own possession from among all peoples; for all the earth is mine;
    Exo 19:6 and you shall be to me a kingdom of priests, and a holy nation.’ These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel.”

Lev 26:14 “‘But if you will not listen to me, and will not do all these commandments;
    Lev 26:15 and if you shall reject my statutes, and if your soul abhors my ordinances, so that you will not do all my commandments, but break my covenant;
    Lev 26:16 I also will do this to you: I will appoint terror over you, even consumption and fever, that shall consume the eyes, and make the soul to pine away. You will sow your seed in vain, for your enemies will eat it.

Deu 28:1 It shall happen, if you shall listen diligently to Yahweh your God’s voice, to observe to do all his commandments which I command you today, that Yahweh your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.
    Deu 28:2 All these blessings will come upon you, and overtake you, if you listen to Yahweh your God’s voice.

Psa 89:30 If his children forsake my law, and don’t walk in my ordinances;
    Psa 89:31 if they break my statutes, and don’t keep my commandments;
    Psa 89:32 then I will punish their sin with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes.

Isa 1:16 Wash yourselves, make yourself clean. Put away the evil of your doings from before my eyes. Cease to do evil.
    Isa 1:17 Learn to do well. Seek justice. Relieve the oppressed. Judge the fatherless. Plead for the widow.”
    Isa 1:18 “Come now, and let’s reason together,” says Yahweh: “Though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. Though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
    Isa 1:19 If you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land;
    Isa 1:20 but if you refuse and rebel, you shall be devoured with the sword; for the mouth of Yahweh has spoken it.”

Mat_6:14 “For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
    Mat_6:15 But if you don’t forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Gary, two letters "IF", have very, very powerful consequences, that offer Two Choices, ... Do what is Right, or Do what is Wrong.

By Federally Kicking Our Creator out of the Public School System, & then over time, Kicking Him out of the Public Eye, .... We, America, chose The Wrong "Path",well at least We, collectively, like Unthinking Sheeple, allowed Our Treasonous Leaders to make that choice for Us.

YAHWEH of hosts, gave Us, a Choice, & We chose the Wrong Path, more or less, in the same manner that the Children of Yisrael did.

Our Creator, is now watching Mankind, reap the consequences of What We Chose, ... He per The Scriptures, doesn't like it, BUT, like a Loving Parent, ... At times, one has to let a Bull-headed Child learn the Hard Way.

"On the non spiritual side I believe the biggest reason for all the mass shootings is the information that goes along with the evolution of society. Terrorism learns from past terrorism & ideas get expounded upon"

Post Likes
    Initial Reply to Gary.

Part 2.
    ----------

Part 2:

In a small way, I agree.

But, I also Believe that there is a Ongoing & Increasing in Intensity, Spiritual War for Our Hearts/ Mind/ Allegiance occurring right now.

It is True that Modern Technology allows Instant Information to be obtained at one's finger tips, but, ... I also Believe that millions of people are under going Heavy Satanic Attacks, perhaps even Demonic Possession, which explains those who Freely & Unjustifiably Kill the Unborn, a young toddler, a Brother, &/or a Sister.

In a Sense, ... A Plague of Lunacy is rapidly spreading across Earth Gary, & that Plague, was Prophesied of thousands of years ago.

In my Belief, .. We, through Federal Legislation, Rejected the Law of LOVE.

Exo 20:1 God spoke all these words, saying,
    Exo 20:2 “I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage.
    Exo 20:3 “You shall have no other gods before me.
    Exo 20:4 “You shall not make for yourselves an idol, nor any image of anything that is in the heavens above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:
    Exo 20:5 you shall not bow yourself down to them, nor serve them, for I, Yahweh your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children, on the third and on the fourth generation of those who hate me,
    Exo 20:6 and showing loving kindness to thousands of those who love me and keep my commandments.
    Exo 20:7 “You shall not take the name of Yahweh your God in vain, for Yahweh will not hold him guiltless who takes his name in vain.
    Exo 20:8 “Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.
    Exo 20:9 You shall labor six days, and do all your work,
    Exo 20:10 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to Yahweh your God. You shall not do any work in it, you, nor your son, nor your daughter, your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your livestock, nor your stranger who is within your gates;
    Exo 20:11 for in six days Yahweh made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day; therefore Yahweh blessed the Sabbath day, and made it holy.
    Exo 20:12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land which Yahweh your God gives you.
    Exo 20:13 “You shall not murder.
    Exo 20:14 “You shall not commit adultery.
    Exo 20:15 “You shall not steal.
    Exo 20:16 “You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor.
    Exo 20:17 “You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor’s.”

Mat 22:34 But the Pharisees, when they heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, gathered themselves together.
    Mat 22:35 One of them, a lawyer, asked him a question, testing him.
    Mat 22:36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the law?”
    Mat 22:37 Jesus said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’
    Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.
    Mat 22:39 A second likewise is this, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’
    Mat 22:40 The whole law and the prophets depend on these two commandments.”

Post Likes
    I was not thinking as much about the shooters choices(free will) but more about the children that never had a choice & got shot. So for the children there could have been some divine intervention if you believe that God has the power.
    Gary,

Since Our Leaders Kicked "God" out of Our Schools, ...... Why should He Intervene?

Page 3 of 116 FirstFirst 123456789101353103 ... LastLast