Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113116117118119120121122123
Results 1,587 to 1,594 of 1594
  1. #1587
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh B View Post
    Every time there is a shooting the pols try to take the guns from those who didn't do it!
    True Hugh.

    And, .... Eventually, Our Constitutional Right to Bear Arms will be stripped away from Us,..... Possibly by those who Swore to not let that happen.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  2. #1588
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,278
    Post Likes
    But weren't the vast majority of people's perceptions of how things were 'back then' based primarily on what the media told them? Which is exactly my point about how people perceive the present times. People today are presently, endlessly, and massively told about how horrible things are - to the point where they begin it believe that it is a true representation when it is not.

    The people back then were no more involved in the actual conditions than they are now. What they personally observed was very tiny and extremely limited. Their perceptions for the most part was the result of The News they were exposed to.

    That is one point.

    Another is that people as a general rule tend to measure the past by their most pleasant memories of it.

    Denying the measured and cataloged facts, as you say that you do, is just more support with my exact point, isn't it? <g>

    PHM
    --------



    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    I wish the same for You Poodle.

    But, I Absolutely Disagree about those "Statistics".

    My now deceased Mother -in-Law, who I Dearly Loved, was the most Brilliant, Knowledgeable, Compassionate, Common Sense based Woman that I've ever known, in my Entire Life.

    We had many, many discussions about how Life in America used to be, compared to the Life that we had up to 2004 when she died.

    She recalled, as a child, during the Great Depression, how they never locked their doors, & that they were not seriously concerned about thievery, for people back then, were willing to work for what they needed/wanted.

    She didn't begin to lock her doors, as well as keep a loaded pistol, nearby, until the early 70s Poodle.

    She had a vast Library, that she willed to me, full of Classics, Science, Mathematics, Biographies, American & World History Books, Political Studies, Religious Doctrines, Various translations of the Bible, Books on Islam, Hinduism, Various Cultural Beliefs,& more, ..... She, again, was Amazingly Brilliant Poodle.

    She had News Paper Clippings & Full News Papers about the Depression, WWII, Korea, Viet Nam.

    She had only One News Paper article about "Mass Shootings", that were not Crime/Mafia/etc. related, & that was when a Man, on a Family gathering, during an Easter Dinner, decided to wipe out his family, in the late 50s.

    She absolutely Believed, as I do, that Our Sense of Morality & Respect for Our Brothers & Sisters, quickly went down hill in the later 60s.

    And,... She's not the only person that I've had discussions with, that were in their 80s & 90s, that were adamant about how life back when they were young, was not daily filled with Crime & Acts of Violence.

    Now maybe, in Yer part of the World Poodle, ... "Life is Good", .... But that is not the condition of the World.

    The World is being overcome with Violence & Crime.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  3. Likes Fender60 liked this post
  4. #1589
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    But weren't the vast majority of people's perceptions of how things were 'back then' based primarily on what the media told them? Which is exactly my point about how people perceive the present times. People today are presently, endlessly, and massively told about how horrible things are - to the point where they begin it believe that it is a true representation when it is not.

    The people back then were no more involved in the actual conditions than they are now. What they personally observed was very tiny and extremely limited. Their perceptions for the most part was the result of The News they were exposed to.

    That is one point.

    Another is that people as a general rule tend to measure the past by their most pleasant memories of it.

    Denying the measured and cataloged facts, as you say that you do, is just more support with my exact point, isn't it? <g>

    PHM
    --------
    Maybe where You live, & from what You are Accustomed to Poodle.

    But My Experience, & those that I "Hang with", has been to thoroughly Examine the Evidence (Past & Present), as well as Speak with those who are Our Elders, so as to get "First Hand Knowledge"of what Life here,used to be like.

    I'm not "Swayed" by the Orwellian Media Poodle, be that info "Pro-Party" or "Ant-Party", ..... I don't Live in that "Facebook/Pokemon Go!" World.


    Nor do I march in lockstep fashion with the Lemmings, just to get their Approval.

    "Denying the measured and cataloged facts, as you say that you do, is just more support with my exact point, isn't it? "

    Not at all, & You Assume a Great Deal Poodle.


    When it comes to "The Trade", .... With All Respect,... I Sit back & Listen, as well as LEARN A Great Deal,......


    But when it comes to Politics, Religion, every other Facet of Life outside of HVAC/Refrig/Elect.?


    I Absolutely will not be taking a back seat, nor a "Submissive Position", to You,.... Your Well Earned & Known Expertise is in the Trades, not in Politics/ Religion/Culture/Economics, etc.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  5. #1590
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    26,278
    Post Likes
    OK. That sounds fair enough.

    PHM
    --------

    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Maybe where You live, & from what You are Accustomed to Poodle.

    But My Experience, & those that I "Hang with", has been to thoroughly Examine the Evidence (Past & Present), as well as Speak with those who are Our Elders, so as to get "First Hand Knowledge"of what Life here,used to be like.

    I'm not "Swayed" by the Orwellian Media Poodle, be that info "Pro-Party" or "Ant-Party", ..... I don't Live in that "Facebook/Pokemon Go!" World.


    Nor do I march in lockstep fashion with the Lemmings, just to get their Approval.

    "Denying the measured and cataloged facts, as you say that you do, is just more support with my exact point, isn't it? "

    Not at all, & You Assume a Great Deal Poodle.


    When it comes to "The Trade", .... With All Respect,... I Sit back & Listen, as well as LEARN A Great Deal,......


    But when it comes to Politics, Religion, every other Facet of Life outside of HVAC/Refrig/Elect.?


    I Absolutely will not be taking a back seat, nor a "Submissive Position", to You,.... Your Well Earned & Known Expertise is in the Trades, not in Politics/ Religion/Culture/Economics, etc.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  6. #1591
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    7,366
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    OK. That sounds fair enough.

    PHM
    --------
    Sometimes it's just easier that way...
    Is the Religious Right to blame for Christianity's decline?

    They argued that, as the Religious Right became increasingly visible and militant, it became associated with Christianity itself. And if being a Christian meant being associated with the likes of Jerry Falwell, many people—especially political moderates and liberals—decided to simply stop identifying as Christians altogether.

    http://www.theamericanconservative.c...nitys-decline/

  7. #1592
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Sumter, SC
    Posts
    685
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    You somehow "Sense", .... "anger and vitriol" through mere "Text"? SMH!

    I Reckon that Physical Interaction, where Voice, as well as physical movements, & actions, that could be readily observed, has fallen to "Internet Social Networking Platforms", ... So Your PC can actually sense all of this,... the "Anger & Vitriol"? I'm Amazed ... Wouldn't that make Your PC, or whatever it is, be more Powerful than anything that IBM has publicly released?

    And as far as your recommendations for "Classes", "Training", & "Qualifications", as in how to arrive to Conclusions that You approve of?

    I've done alright, for decades by not striving, nor desiring to, remain in any "Box approved of " by my so called "Peers".

    And as far as "Butt Kicking"?, .................................... I Fully Agreed with Trump, when he spoke about what happened in Charlottesville, about wrong doing being committed by both sides.
    Physical interaction is not required and you know it. Emotions have been conveyed via written word for ions. What you write and the manner in which you write imparts a lot of information to included emotional intent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #1593
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender60 View Post
    Physical interaction is not required and you know it. Emotions have been conveyed via written word for ions. What you write and the manner in which you write imparts a lot of information to included emotional intent.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What do you do Fender,..... Write for Dr. Phil on yer Free Time?

    You Assume a Great Deal, & "Boiled down & poured in to a nutshell",.... That's Only Your Opinion.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  9. #1594
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Another Shooter(s?).

    Don't know whether it's a matter of another so called "Mentally Ill" person(s), A Jihadist spreading the Faith, or what.

    I'm sure that the Call for Disarming Americans is going to Increase, but still, ...... That's not going to stop "The Hate/Anger","So called "Mental Illness",possibly "Demonic Possession?" & ... All that it will lead to is, Disarming Americans, & Judging from 20th Century History, several really popular men, in Germany, Russia, China, & Cambodia then took advantage of those that were disarmed.
    -----------------------------------------------------

    BREAKING: One Dead, At Least 20 Injured In Midland, Texas Shooting
    Beth Baumann @eb454
    Posted: Aug 31, 2019 6:11 PM

    Editors Note: Some videos have graphic language. Viewer discretion is advised.

    UPDATE (6:40 p.m. EST):

    President Trump has been briefed on the situation.

    Just briefed by Attorney General Barr about the shootings in Texas. FBI and Law Enforcement is fully engaged. More to follow.
    — Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 31, 2019

    UPDATE (6:35 p.m. EST):

    Midland Police took to Facebook to make the public aware that the gunman is now dead. There is no longer an active shooter.

    UPDATE (6:30 p.m. EST):

    The suspect was driving around shooting people. Police in Odessa were telling people to stay inside.

    FROM OPD: A subject (possibly 2) is currently driving around Odessa shooting at random people. At this time there are multiple gunshot victims. Police are advising Odessans to stay indoors.
    — OdessaAmerican (@OdessaAmerican) August 31, 2019

    Authorities reportedly took one man into custody.

    A video from a person in the area shows the suspect being shot:

    #UPDATE: Video appears to show the moment the other suspect who was at large, said to have hijacked a USPS vehicle, was shot. The other suspect was taken into custody while attempting to enter a movie theater in Midland. #OANN pic.twitter.com/umpXaesMb5
    — Adonis Albright (@AdonisAlbright) August 31, 2019

    ORIGINAL POST

    Police in Midland, Texas are responding to reports of an active shooter near a Home Depot. One person is dead and at least 20 are injured. One of the injured is a police officer but it's unclear what his condition is, Fox 8 reported.

    As of now, police believe there are two suspects, both driving in different directions. One suspect is in a small Toyota pickup truck, the other is in a United States Postal Service van.

    The Midland Police Department took to Facebook to update the public:

    The University of Texas at Permain Basin is on lockdown.

    Lock DownLock down in place. Officers are looking for suspect in shooting in the are of UTPB Campus. LOCK DOWN NOW
    — UT Permian Basin (@utpb) August 31, 2019

    Falcons: law enforcement in Midland and Odessa are working to locate and contain a shooter. Please stay in your dorm or office and do not open your doors. There were initial reports that the suspect was in east odessa. We will post here as soon as the situation is under control
    — UT Permian Basin (@utpb) August 31, 2019

    El Paso resident and presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke took to Twitter to offer his condolences.
    Recommended
    'Clearly Lying:' Dave Chappelle Roasts Jussie Smollett
    Guy Benson

    Our hearts are with Midland, Odessa, and everyone in West Texas who has to endure this again. More information is forthcoming, but here's what we know: We need to end this epidemic. https://t.co/ytWLcg7y20
    — Beto O'Rourke (@BetoORourke) August 31, 2019

    This is a breaking news story. As more information comes in, this post will be updated.




    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethba...texas-n2552469
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113116117118119120121122123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •