Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Likes
    Glad to here from you again.
    Do you consider fresh air change and maintaining humidity levels to be part of good indoor air quality?
    If so how much air change and what humidity level.
    Keep us posted.
    Regard Teddy Bear
    Bear Rules: Keep our home <50% RH summer, controls mites/mold and very comfortable.
    Provide 60-100 cfm of fresh air when occupied to purge indoor pollutants and keep window dry during cold weather. T-stat setup/setback +8 hrs. saves energy
    Use +Merv 10 air filter. -Don't forget the "Golden Rule"

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shane1900 View Post
    Randy can you share a link to the 15 lb carbon filter you are using?
    Here's the carbon filter- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Here's the matching inline fan - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It's loud, not pretty and aimed at the marajuana growers market -But it's very impressive in reducing VOC levels measured with an industrial PID meter.
    My go to device used to be the Austin Air HP+, but this device offers significantly better results at about 1/3 the cost.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by shane1900 View Post
    Randy can you share a link to the 15 lb carbon filter you are using?
    Here's the link to the Austin Air device I was using previously.
    Probably a safer bet than the other device as regards warranty and an established company:
    https://austinair.com/shop/healthmate-plus/

A Canadian company, Airpura, also makes reputable devices.
    The TeraBloom units I referenced though had significantly better VOC reduction numbers than the Austin, but it's ugly, loud and I don't know how long the carbon will take to saturate.

Post Likes
    I have tried both units, and many others over the years.

I suffer from a respiratory disorder called chronic bronchitis
    and Bronchiectasis, a condition in which the lungs fail to remove
    mucus within the lungs in a normal way.

I will state sincerely and in good faith that the Molekule profoundly
    helped assuage the sequela of my symptoms, versus the many other
    air purifiers I have tried...and profoundly

I was reading today where at ClinicalTrials.gov that a investigation
    is underway to evaluate the efficacy of the Molekule in ICU
    hospital rooms.
    Last edited by Katzjr27; 05-10-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: spelling

Post Likes
    I certainly don't deny your report. Lots of folks have have posted similar results(on the web) and I'm certain many are sincere.

My report is very specific - Lack of VOC reduction measured with a industrial grade PID meter whereas heavy carbon devices showed large reductions in the same test setup.

VOCs are just One aspect of IAQ and probably not the most significant for the sorts of problems you and most other folks buy an air purifier. In fact the developer designed the product because of his son's server allergy. Particulates, another component of IAQ, are generally involved in respiratory/allergy aliments. The MoleKule might work great for that. I do not know, it's not what I tested for.

I bought the device because is was promoted, among other things, to reduce VOC levels. I was also impressed with the science expertise of the developer and head scientist. I'm still impressed with these guys. Also MoleKule's 3rd party lab testing is significant. Problem is these results haven't been shown to translate to real living spaces - homes. All test result are in small non real world stainless steel enclosures with contrived setups. I'm suspicious because all MoleKule, RGF and any of the PCO manufacturers need to do is run simple inexpensive tests in real homes. Instead they spend lots of money testing in big fish bowls with very untypical mixtures of VOCs. This criticism is not limited to MoleKule but all the major players(RGF). VOC reduction in homes is very easy to demonstrate . If these device work like we want them to work - homes- why don't the manufacturers present the data.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123