Post Likes

Water line loud noise

I had a water line brake at my water regulator, the regulator is located at the house around 150' from the meter. I replaced the broken fitting and also replaced the regulator, it is around 17 years old. Now every time you turn on a sink , flush a toilet or run the tub the pipes vibrate and sound like a fog horn I have adjusted the regulator up and down and now have 50# on the house. I also tried something I had read by turning off the water at the meter and draining the water at the lowest point then turning it back on and letting it run until the air was out. Any Ideas what my problem is?

Post Likes
    foghorn noise is often a bad regulator. It sticks and the diaphragm vibrates making the noise. other causes can be toilet fill valves, but if it happens every time with a faucet, toilet or tap it's the regulator. Replacing the expansion tank, if you have one, may help but it's not the solution.

yes, parts can be bad, new.

3. Likes WAYNE3298 liked this post
    Post Likes
    We found the new regulator was bad, picked up another one and replaced it noise is gone

5. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Sounds like regulator not working properly in the water line, that's why it make loud noise. You should replace your regulator to overcome loud noise issue in the water line.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennispalmer View Post
    Sounds like regulator not working properly in the water line, that's why it make loud noise. You should replace your regulator to overcome loud noise issue in the water line.
    you dont say!

8. Likes Pnasty liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Dennispalmer View Post

I just stopped running water when I was at home. Free of charge, plus my water bill went way down.

10. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zalam4u View Post
    can we Repair regulators

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Most of them have rebuild kits.