+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mixture and composition of refrigerants in Lcd Freeze Separator Machine

Post Likes

Mixture and composition of refrigerants in Lcd Freeze Separator Machine

Hello. I've got a freeze separator machine for separating cell phone lcd screens. There was leakage on the filter and the refrigerant had to be evacuated in order to weld the leaking joint. Prior to evacuating, we ran the refrigerant through an analyzer and got the following outcome: R12 - 57.5% R134 - 30.7% R22 - 0% HC - 11.7%. We tried evacuating the system with a vacuum pump then started to charge the system but it doesn't go above minus 40 degrees celsius. Is it possible that the analyzer incorrectly identified the refrigerants and we are using the wrong mix of refrigerants and if so what is the correct mix in order to be able to go down to minus 150 degrees celsius?

Post Likes

Mixture and composition of refrigerants in Lcd Freeze Separator Machine

Hello. I've got a freeze separator machine for separating cell phone lcd screens. There was leakage on the filter and the refrigerant had to be evacuated in order to weld the leaking joint. Prior to evacuating, we ran the refrigerant through an analyzer and got the following outcome: R12 - 57.5% R134 - 30.7% R22 - 0% HC - 11.7%. We tried evacuating the system with a vacuum pump then started to charge the system but it doesn't go above minus 40 degrees celsius. Is it possible that the analyzer incorrectly identified the refrigerants and we are using the wrong mix of refrigerants and if so what is the correct mix in order to be able to go down to minus 150 degrees celsius?

Post Likes
    What does the nomenclature plate say?

What refrigerant did you use for HC?

Quote Originally Posted by kkara View Post
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Check it out guys. R-12 is still in use. We're being bent over a barrel and shafted so a couple of corporations can stay in business. Jeez.

Post Likes
    What refrigerant does the ID tag state?

Post Likes
    .Works up down or on it's side.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Likes
    Specialized ultra low temp equipment sometimes uses special refrigerant. One of our OEMs for example uses a priority blend that simulates a three stage Cascade system. They send it use in a propane tank and we have no idea what's in it. Penthane, 170, ???. It's matched to the components. Can you can get it from the OEM? Sorry I didn't read the long thread.

Post Likes
    Unfortunately there is nothing stated on the tag. I tried getting in touch with the manufacturer in China but they did not provide information. They simply stated that it is a special blend and only they can mix it.

Post Likes
    You're probably thinking of Polycold. There's actually five different refrigerants, one of which is argon.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaguy View Post
    Specialized ultra low temp equipment sometimes uses special refrigerant. One of our OEMs for example uses a priority blend that simulates a three stage Cascade system. They send it use in a propane tank and we have no idea what's in it. Penthane, 170, ???. It's matched to the components. Can you can get it from the OEM? Sorry I didn't read the long thread.

Post Likes
    Have them mix it and ship it.

One of the hazards of buying China made stuff. Not that it's bad, but their views on equipment support is different from the USA/Canada.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    You can say that again. I now have a $ brick and only because of the refrigerant!
    Last edited by beenthere; 03-19-2018 at 04:54 AM.

Post Likes
    not that i condone experimentation, but r-12 is still around, as is 134a, and HC might mean propane...err...r290
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    I was not thinking of any blend in particular. Different OEMs use their own priority blends based upon their models. If this is a single stage and he wants it below -40 then you will you have to use the OEM special juice which will separate in multiple phases of the refrigeration circuit, engineered to match the comp, load, capillary, etc. Anything else will be a shortcoming. These small application ultra low temp units are not forgiving at all. Refrigerant analyzer will not work here.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tunaguy View Post
    Refrigerant analyzer will not work here.
    It might if it wasnt made in China

The problem is that it's a critical charge where a fraction over or under of any one part causes a huge hassle.
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Actually I have been thinking the same thing. I had planned on going out to search fro R12 and R290 or R600. R12 is difficult to get at our end because it is banned. I am trying to see if I might be able to get some R12 that might be lying around at one of the local refrigeration technicians shops. That leaves me with R290 which I highly doubt will be available but I will certainly try. My goal is to create a mix of the gases in a separate cylinder based on the data that I obtained from the analyzer. The only thing that I will have to do by trial and error is the amount of charge as I don't know the required quantity. I will charge 25 grams at a time and go at it very slowly. All this is assuming that I am able to get the required refrigerants.

Post Likes
    It's all over ebay...r12 and "official" r290
    Nest is POO!!

Post Likes
    Used R600 for the HC. Created an exact mix using a refrigerant scale but it didn't work. Lowest I was able to achieve was -152 celsius.

Post Likes
    Getting the refrigerant from the oem is the only option left. Getting a chemical import permit is a big challenge in my country.

Post Likes
    You're right. Both R12 and R290 are readily available on Ebay but getting them to my country is difficult both in terms of shipping and local government regulations. R12 is banned in my country.
    I was able to get a hold of a small quantity from a refrigeration tech. I mixed the R12, R134 according to the refrigerant analyzer. For the HC I used R600 but unfortunately it didn't work.

Post Likes
    What is your country?
    Nest is POO!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in