Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Bet PHM could make it work.
    Was thinking something similar but the control panel though
    Honeywell you can buy better but you cant pay more

I told my wife when i die to sell my fishing stuff for what its worth not what i told her i paid for it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebaby View Post
    I called Poolpak and talked to sales guy for 40 minutes. He himself has installed minisplits for these small pools. I'm not justifying anything. 20,000 posts in a few years...
    He's wrong. They fail in short term due to not being designed for the application.

Yes, Im active in this forum. I contribute in many sub-forums. It's a "giving back" thing, free/charity kind of thing. Not bad for a guy who joined 5 years ago.

I stand by my experience and what I stated on here. You're in for a world of hurt. I also back the other Pros on the site, as many of them have more than proven their worth, plus they have much more experience than I do in certain areas.

Post Likes
    Not that Marc needs any backing but he is correct.

I have been on here for a much longer time than Marc and some on this site but that does not mean I know anymore than them.

Just a Marc has had issues with pool rooms, so have I.

A mini split is not designed for the chemicals or the humidity issues involved in a pool room.

I have seen heat exchangers in gas furnaces totally rotted out in less than five years due to the chemicals and humidity from the pool.

You were advised from the get go of the proper products and manufacturers to consult for proper operation.

Now you have installed the wrong product for the wrong conditions.

Marc and others in this thread are correct, I hope you have a great contract that stated the installation was against advice and you have a great legal team on retainer, when this job goes to hell, you will need them.

J

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Advanced Response View Post
    Not that Marc needs any backing but he is correct.

I have been on here for a much longer time than Marc and some on this site but that does not mean I know anymore than them.

Just a Marc has had issues with pool rooms, so have I.

A mini split is not designed for the chemicals or the humidity issues involved in a pool room.

I have seen heat exchangers in gas furnaces totally rotted out in less than five years due to the chemicals and humidity from the pool.

You were advised from the get go of the proper products and manufacturers to consult for proper operation.

Now you have installed the wrong product for the wrong conditions.

Marc and others in this thread are correct, I hope you have a great contract that stated the installation was against advice and you have a great legal team on retainer, when this job goes to hell, you will need them.

J
    Advise of whom? My daughters teddy bear can give advise. Again this is a small area with a covered exercise pool. This pool doesn't have connections for external equipment like poolpak. I talked to many, many people. I think the three that have lots to say are shills. Again this pool wasn't supposed to use chlorine, been said multiple times. And I'm at fault for the record cold. Shills me thinks. I'll give a wave to Poodle and the member who mentioned 100/pint per day humidifier.
    Last edited by iceicebaby; 02-11-2019 at 03:49 AM. Reason: edit to correct spelling

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebaby View Post
    Advise of whom? My daughters teddy bear can give advise. Again this is a small area with a covered exercise pool. This pool doesn't have connections for external equipment like poolpak. I talked to many, many people. I think the three that have lots to say are shills. Again this pool wasn't supposed to use chlorine, been said multiple times. And I'm at fault for the record cold. Shills me thinks. I'll give a wave to Poodle and the member who mentioned 100/pint per day humidifier.
    then you know more then several members so Why did you come here?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112