Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    I dont know why your trying to be funny.
    The air temperature MUST be kept at a minimum of 2* above pool temperature. To avoid excessive evaporation.
    Ive mentioned this previously in this thread.
    So your design has already failed to achieve reasonable room conditions during cold weather?
    He has been told a 1000x times indoor temp is supposed to be 2 degrees above water and he doesn't care. The pool was supposed to be ozone only, no chlorine or bromine. The ozone isn't working so he has been shocking it with chlorine. His grand kids and their friends use the pool often and they were not showering so body lotion and other stuff was clouding water.

This was supposed to be an exercise pool for him not a community rec room. Now they added a pool table and will probably be running the ac in summer. Thats not gonna go well.

It didn't make temp when -17f. I designed for 82f indoor for that zipcode. That heat pump is supposed to keep rating down to -15f. -17 happens once every 30 years here so not a big deal to me.

Post Likes
    you installed it, you're so screwed. save your pennies. you'll need them for what comes next!!!

Post Likes
    That building is going to be a mold disaster.
    Not to mention the mini will likely only last a year or less. I’d start distancing myself from this customer immediately. Or you’ll be in a world of hurt.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

4. Likes HVAC_Marc, BALloyd liked this post
    Post Likes
    Likely too late for that...should have been running away last year at this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    That building is going to be a mold disaster.
    Not to mention the mini will likely only last a year or less. Id start distancing myself from this customer immediately. Or youll be in a world of hurt.
    Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebaby View Post
    He has been told a 1000x times indoor temp is supposed to be 2 degrees above water and he doesn't care. The pool was supposed to be ozone only, no chlorine or bromine. The ozone isn't working so he has been shocking it with chlorine. His grand kids and their friends use the pool often and they were not showering so body lotion and other stuff was clouding water.

This was supposed to be an exercise pool for him not a community rec room. Now they added a pool table and will probably be running the ac in summer. Thats not gonna go well.

It didn't make temp when -17f. I designed for 82f indoor for that zipcode. That heat pump is supposed to keep rating down to -15f. -17 happens once every 30 years here so not a big deal to me.
    If it was 2f colder then design then you should have only been a few deg below YOUR design. You Failed.

He doesn't dictate to me what will or wont work.......He doesn't care so neither do I, get someone else.

Ozone system doesn't work so there shocking the MINI!!!

I wouldn't let my grandson near that mess!

I hope you have good liability insurance because you are going to need it on this one!

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Ice, remember the story I shared ages ago in this thread, about the hotel that decided not to fix the pool room unit?
    The room had to be stripped to the studs. Basically it was treated as a flood disaster, because so much humidity had gotten into the walls, the studs, the insulation........the owner suffered a HUGE bill for mold remediation.
    Your fingerprints are all over the equipment now.
    A little tip, if the owner isn’t willing to do things the right way, then don’t bother doing them at all. It’s not worth the headache and legal issues. And we certainly aren’t puppets that do whatever the owner wants.
    If the owner asked for nanitorium conditioning, you provide him with the proper equipment and pricing to install it.
    Another funny thing. I’ve been working with pools long enough that spotting a building with incorrect or poorly working equipment is easy. The moisture and chlorine start leeching out of the walls on the exterior of the structure, with crystallization.
    I think you’ve made your bed now, but consider this a heavy handed learning experience for next time. Do it right or don’t do it at all.
    By the way, how is this building constructed? Vapor barrier? R value? And if your pulling 150 CFM of exhaust, where are you supplying make up air from?
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    If it was 2f colder then design then you should have only been a few deg below YOUR design. You Failed.

He doesn't dictate to me what will or wont work.......He doesn't care so neither do I, get someone else.

Ozone system doesn't work so there shocking the MINI!!!

I wouldn't let my grandson near that mess!

I hope you have good liability insurance because you are going to need it on this one!
    Yep, getting grief on this one. Getting the feeling that a few old birds like to feel almighty and pound their chests. Nope didn't do triple evac and didn't change my oil since last vac. Didn't braze either, used staybright solder. Preach on. How many here have tested a heatpump to -15f? Probably very few and thats a big reason for my update. A heat pump working at -15f is mind blowing. You guys remind of the commentators on the puppet show. Its not a mess. It usually has low humidity. My kids play in dirt that has millions of microbes and thats messy,this pool is nothing near that. Summer time will be an issue as is, the building already has infrastructure for humidity solutions. Still, you will nitpick. For those who gave good info thank you.

Building didn't make temp due to either my design was wrong or Fujistu specs are wrong.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebaby View Post
    Yep, getting grief on this one. Getting the feeling that a few old birds like to feel almighty and pound their chests. Nope didn't do triple evac and didn't change my oil since last vac. Didn't braze either, used staybright solder. Preach on. How many here have tested a heatpump to -15f? Probably very few and thats a big reason for my update. A heat pump working at -15f is mind blowing. You guys remind of the commentators on the puppet show. Its not a mess. It usually has low humidity. My kids play in dirt that has millions of microbes and thats messy,this pool is nothing near that. Summer time will be an issue as is, the building already has infrastructure for humidity solutions. Still, you will nitpick. For those who gave good info thank you.

Building didn't make temp due to either my design was wrong or Fujistu specs are wrong.
    God bless you...............

YOU did nothing wrong, its the equipment, the building, the old timers.

How in the hell can you blame the equipment? It clearly states -15 You exceeded design! Its a damn heat pump YOU should have had a back up plan. What would happen if a line ruptured, would YOU blame the copper manufacture?
    So what made YOU decide a Mini could replace a POOLPAC? There has to be a reason there is such a price difference and its not profit? So YOU didn't take any of the advice offered here or listen to the horror stories of what can and will go wrong if mistakes are made.............That's right YOU asked questions and got answers but nope they don't know what there talking about I know better.

The best education is learning buy YOUR mistakes. If you cant learn to take criticism your done in this field.

You had better hope and pray someone doesn't get sick or hurt because of your attitude and outright stupidity!
    Last edited by pecmsg; 02-06-2019 at 08:34 AM.

11. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Dislikes Dad disliked this post
    Post Likes
    Damn "Youts" today...

Post Likes
    Bet PHM could make it work.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    Bet PHM could make it work.
    Yeah, but PHM tries to think things through when he does stuff that's outside of the box. Many of his Frankenstein systems are probably better than what's available off the shelf.

Icebaby = not so much <g>.

15. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ammoniadog View Post
    Yeah, but PHM tries to think things through when he does stuff that's outside of the box. Many of his Frankenstein systems are probably better than what's available off the shelf.
    Kind of doubt he knw enough to think all of the things through when he first started cobbling things together.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    He was told on page 2 to not use equipment not designed for pools... and here we are... in an ozoned pool where the ozone generator doesnt work and it's now all chlorine.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast