Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    He was told on page 2 to not use equipment not designed for pools... and here we are... in an ozoned pool where the ozone generator doesnt work and it's now all chlorine.
    I once did a restaurant and they complained it would stay cool. Found out they had 25 to 30 people more in the place when this happen, then their occupancy permit allowed. Wasn't my fault or miscalculation.

Wasn't the OP that switched to a chlorine system.

Instead of killing the guy for the set up and situation now, try helping him, or at least stop beating him up. And scaring off other potential new members, that are probably afraid of getting the same treatment because of what the companies they work for make them do.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

2. Likes Core_d, Dad liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by beenthere View Post
    I once did a restaurant and they complained it would stay cool. Found out they had 25 to 30 people more in the place when this happen, then their occupancy permit allowed. Wasn't my fault or miscalculation.

Instead of killing the guy for the set up and situation now, try helping him, or at least stop beating him up. And scaring off other potential new members, that are probably afraid of getting the same treatment because of what the companies they work for make them do.
    Once the OP realizes the mistakes he’s/she made I will help them. Until then NO.
    They were told and didn’t listen.
    Now we’re the bad guys.

Two words for him and it’s not Happy Birthday

Whatever happened to Safety First? What the OP did is dangerous period. Same as opening a live panel without the proper PPE or training!

4. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes

Im sure you used the PROPER equipment, too. It's not just the CL that's going to kill that thing. It's in an environment, condensing humidity, that it's not built for.

Anyone who comes here and reads this thread will see that OP went against recommendations and went on his own. Now there's a problem (or will be in short order). If they're scared away because of that, then good, less hassle on the site (and hopefully they learned what not to do).

OP is continuing to try to justify the mini in the pool room. Pros have told him it's wrong. It's hard to help those that know better.

Here's my helpful advice - tear it out and replace it with proper equipment OR build a large stockpile of money for when the customer comes back to fight you for all the problems that will appear.
    Last edited by HVAC_Marc; 02-06-2019 at 06:48 PM. Reason: clarification

Post Likes

Beenthere, I’m not sure how to help someone who doesn’t seem willing to help themselves.
    The OP asked for advice and was given plenty. And decided to go against all of it.
    Parts of this are due to the ignorance of the homeowner, but someone being asked to do this kind of work has to consider risk vs reward and know when to walk away.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

7. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    God bless you...............

YOU did nothing wrong, its the equipment, the building, the old timers.

How in the hell can you blame the equipment? It clearly states -15 You exceeded design! Its a damn heat pump YOU should have had a back up plan. What would happen if a line ruptured, would YOU blame the copper manufacture?
    So what made YOU decide a Mini could replace a POOLPAC? There has to be a reason there is such a price difference and its not profit? So YOU didn't take any of the advice offered here or listen to the horror stories of what can and will go wrong if mistakes are made.............That's right YOU asked questions and got answers but nope they don't know what there talking about I know better.

The best education is learning buy YOUR mistakes. If you cant learn to take criticism your done in this field.

You had better hope and pray someone doesn't get sick or hurt because of your attitude and outright stupidity!
    @Dad

With all due respect i disagree with the Dislike label!

The OP disregarded the advice he was given! I spoke up against him in an attempt to make him aware how wrong he is!
    There are safety concerns in a pool environment that we as professional members are well aware of yet the OP again disregarded the advice given!
    The op made the statement Getting the feeling that a few old birds like to feel almighty. Never happened, us older more experienced professional tried to give the years of experience to him but HE choose to ignore it. Can even you condone a Mini in a pool environment?

I need a BEER DAMMIT!

Post Likes
    Im sure you used the PROPER equipment, too. It's not just the CL that's going to kill that thing. It's in an environment, condensing humidity, that it's not built for.

Anyone who comes here and reads this thread will see that OP went against recommendations and went on his own. Now there's a problem (or will be in short order). If they're scared away because of that, then good, less hassle on the site (and hopefully they learned what not to do).

OP is continuing to try to justify the mini in the pool room. Pros have told him it's wrong. It's hard to help those that know better.

Here's my helpful advice - tear it out and replace it with proper equipment OR build a large stockpile of money for when the customer comes back to fight you for all the problems that will appear.
    Quote Originally Posted by rider77 View Post
    Beenthere, I’m not sure how to help someone who doesn’t seem willing to help themselves.
    The OP asked for advice and was given plenty. And decided to go against all of it.
    Parts of this are due to the ignorance of the homeowner, but someone being asked to do this kind of work has to consider risk vs reward and know when to walk away.

Post Likes
    Best advise I can give you guys then, is stop posting in the thread. Your just scaring a way other potential members. Your basically, beating a dead horse.
    Contractor locator map

How-to-apply-for-Professional

How many times must one fix something before it is fixed?

Post Likes
    Best advise I can give you guys then, is stop posting in the thread. Your just scaring a way other potential members. Your basically, beating a dead horse.
    I respectfully disagree. We ALL are trying to help but so be it!!! I stand by my SAFETY statement, lives can and may be in danger but.............

I'm Done

Post Likes
    I respectfully disagree. We ALL are trying to help but so be it!!! I stand by my SAFETY statement, lives can and may be in danger but.............

I'm Done
    Life in danger? Surely first world problems.

Post Likes
    Again the same three comment. You might work for poolpak. There are some members here I greatly respect but they are more busy living life than trolling. No more than 5% of posts had any real info for this tiny pool solution. I haven't signed up for the other tech forum is it as bad as this one?

The mod caught on, I'm irked. I think I'm done posting here.

Post Likes

I called Poolpak and talked to sales guy for 40 minutes. He himself has installed minisplits for these small pools. I'm not justifying anything. 20,000 posts in a few years...

Post Likes
    God bless you...............

YOU did nothing wrong, its the equipment, the building, the old timers.

How in the hell can you blame the equipment? It clearly states -15 You exceeded design! Its a damn heat pump YOU should have had a back up plan. What would happen if a line ruptured, would YOU blame the copper manufacture?
    So what made YOU decide a Mini could replace a POOLPAC? There has to be a reason there is such a price difference and its not profit? So YOU didn't take any of the advice offered here or listen to the horror stories of what can and will go wrong if mistakes are made.............That's right YOU asked questions and got answers but nope they don't know what there talking about I know better.

The best education is learning buy YOUR mistakes. If you cant learn to take criticism your done in this field.

You had better hope and pray someone doesn't get sick or hurt because of your attitude and outright stupidity!
    So I am at fault the temp was less than -15f? Look up historical data for last 1000 years for zipcode 49078. I'm mid forties and these temps have never been present. My stupidity where?

The rest of the world is laughing at the first world problems of USA

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by iceicebaby View Post
    Again the same three comment. You might work for poolpak. There are some members here I greatly respect but they are more busy living life than trolling. No more than 5% of posts had any real info for this tiny pool solution. I haven't signed up for the other tech forum is it as bad as this one?

The mod caught on, I'm irked. I think I'm done posting here.
    I do not work for Poolpak.
    I havent failed. Ive just found 10,000 ways that wont work. - Thomas Edison

Its not whether you get knocked down, its whether you get up. - Vince Lombardi

"In this house we obey the laws of thermodynamics" - Homer Simpson

Local 486 Instructor & Service Technician

17. Likes HVAC_Marc liked this post.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast