Post Likes

Carrier i-Vu OPN-UCXP controller problem

I have a controller that I can no longer upload from. I get the following error.

"Failed to upload Controller XXX. Errors exist readin in file that is to be output to C:\foo\bar.equiptment failed.: " I Downloaded the program with Field Assistant.

I tried to factory reset the board. I also tried pulling the battery with the power off. The bad program is still there. The program runs but I need to put something else on the board.

Post Likes
    you will have to App load it

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyr325 View Post
    you will have to App load it
    Thanks for the reply. Excuse my ignorance but I cannot see in Field Assistant or any of the manuals what "App load" is.

There is an application running on the board. I cannot upload the program from it because of the error. Nothing I do seems to delete the program. I do remember someone saying you can administer the boards using Putty, but it seems I am not allowed to download the program here. Excuse me if I screw up terms because i-Vu has the terms download and upload backward from what I have used my whole life,

Post Likes
    AppLoader is a separate program, that will clear the controller out. It will erase all programs from it, like it is a brand new controller out of box . It should have came with the disk with field assistant or can be downloaded from HVAC partners. You upload a controller to field assistance to see the controller and what is on it. You download if you are changing the program or adding something new to be put on the controller. Putty is used to change the Ip addresses in links and routers. BTW tera Term is easier IMO.

Post Likes
    Thank you. The program restored the Controller. The tech that brought me up to speed on i-Vu must not have known about AppLoader. I just fixed a board he said was broken. Thanks again.

Post Likes
    before you use app loader. I have come across an issue where I can't upload a controller. This is typically when it says download content. You see this when there is an ivu and you made an adjustment with field assistant. Just use delete selected. then re discover it and upload. if that fails then app load.

I have also found that when I am altering programs and load it usually after the 4th time I get unsupported controller.. Restart field assistant before you app load.

also go slow. don't download a program till it says to. switch screens and go back to devices for it to show. With some new updates if you go to fast it fubars. Yes it shouldn't but it has.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool breeze 38 View Post
    before you use app loader. I have come across an issue where I can't upload a controller. This is typically when it says download content. You see this when there is an ivu and you made an adjustment with field assistant. Just use delete selected. then re discover it and upload. if that fails then app load.
    I usually fixed problems that way. Some how I created a program that would lock up any controller I installed it one. App Loader was the only fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cool breeze 38 View Post
    I have also found that when I am altering programs and load it usually after the 4th time I get unsupported controller.. Restart field assistant before you app load.

also go slow. don't download a program till it says to. switch screens and go back to devices for it to show. With some new updates if you go to fast it fubars. Yes it shouldn't but it has.
    4th time, thanks for the tip. I wondered why it would need to be restarted.

The switching screens bit me too. I now have 3 screens on this box so I can do something else while waiting in the download. 18 Gigs of RAM have helped out a lot also.

Post Likes
    look in equipment builder. you will see on the bottom right a list of restrictions. if you mixed programs like that, it might be way the controller is locking up.
    you could also send me your snap file and I can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Benkovitz View Post
    I usually fixed problems that way. Some how I created a program that would lock up any controller I installed it one. App Loader was the only fix.

4th time, thanks for the tip. I wondered why it would need to be restarted.

The switching screens bit me too. I now have 3 screens on this box so I can do something else while waiting in the download. 18 Gigs of RAM have helped out a lot also.

Post Likes
    That program has long since been changed. I remember what happened now. I was loading the programs to the controllers with field assistant. I would then install that controller in the unit. i-Vu couldn't upload so I tried a few more boards preloading them. The programs ran but you couldn't view or change the program. I finally put a new controller and downloaded the program with i-Vu. Then everything worked. I didn't post until I needed the stack of controllers I couldn't use.

I am using equipment builder, then changing to fit my needs. I hope to soon just starting from scratch using my built up favorites.

Post Likes
    my first programs were self designed. the hardest this is the properties page and making it look right.
    if you reverse engineer the equipment builder file it teaches you a lot. Thats how I learned the ins and out of graphics. If you need help let me know

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Benkovitz View Post
    That program has long since been changed. I remember what happened now. I was loading the programs to the controllers with field assistant. I would then install that controller in the unit. i-Vu couldn't upload so I tried a few more boards preloading them. The programs ran but you couldn't view or change the program. I finally put a new controller and downloaded the program with i-Vu. Then everything worked. I didn't post until I needed the stack of controllers I couldn't use.

I am using equipment builder, then changing to fit my needs. I hope to soon just starting from scratch using my built up favorites.

Post Likes
    Thanks for the offer. I might need to if they want me to do the RTUs with heat wheels. I am used to the Hacker culture of no problem needs solving twice. I searched for examples when I started and found nothing.

I have started a project for a 14 gas heat stage MAU. If it works, it will automatically replace bad heaters with good ones ( because AAON). It will allow software heater rotation but not automatically. I might send you that one when it is done.

I have been creating programs in equipment building, then taking out the parts I don't know how to do. I am also reading the Honeywell Grey book when I have time.