Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Just bought the p51 870 while at supply house for a job, going to use them today

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    Just bought the p51 870 while at supply house for a job, going to use them today

I expect an Alan Hawk style review by the end of the business day.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    No one is stocking them around here, all testos and smans and uniwelds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    How long are the cables for the temp clamps?

Could the cooper thermistors be used?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    How long are the cables for the temp clamps?

Could the cooper thermistors be used?

I think like 2 feet or so, it comes with an extension cables as well.

Post Likes
    The cables are very short, about two feet.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by bhahvac View Post
    Actually I just bought a pair, and like them so much I am ordering two more. I got the black and white version for 249 from Johnstone and it comes mounted on a four valve titan manifold!

I asked about the clamps earlier ....they are very small put heavy spring pressure .... Let me put it this way.... if they were clamped on your finger they would hurt! They seem like they will do pipes up to about 1 1/8 perhaps which is fine with me. The strong spring insures they make very tight contact on the tubing.

The connections for the temperature clamps are something like a headphone small audio jack, on a 90° angle, and you have to make sure you push them completely into the back of the head, it would be nice if the wires were little longer but I don't think it's a problem, I think they are about 3 feet long.

The clamps themselves are about the size of a large clothespin, not quite as easy to grasp as the digi cool clamps, but functional, and don't take up much space.

I did notice that I did not get a correct reading one day when the cable connection was not pushed all the way in, they must click in all the way. I have been careful since that and have not had any problems.

The manifold itself has a USB port, I think I have only charged mine once or twice since I've had it it seems like it stays charge for about a MONTH!! I really like that feature.

It has a lot of stuff in it that some people might like, a setting for vacuum loss / micron gauge /. (I personally dont care about that, as I will continue to use my separate micron gauge, and I never test a system as to how fast a vacuum rises since hoses aren't vacuum rated anyway)

I think the color one has Bluetooth etc. for about 500. I could care less about that.

I have been using them about a month or two with no complaints. It took me a while of poking around the menus to get where I needed to be , but I figured it out .. Overall am quite pleased.

Buy them!
    why did they not go full BT wireless for the clamps? seems backwards from where ever things going??

Post Likes
    Here is my 870, same type of 1/8" 3.5mm audio connector jacks as on the 860, just that the 870 has 2 more auxiliary jacks to facilitate the temp probes as well as the vacuum sensor.

I used the Cooper 4011 pipe strap probes. You can see the temperature on T1 and T2 on the screen. The connectors on these fit right into the port without using the included extension cords. The puncture type 1075 connector will not reach into the socket without using the extension cable.

And yes, it shows a slight vacuum still. I forgot to open the valves. I wanted to see how tight it was in a vacuum. Don't worry, I don't use a manifold to pull a vacuum. I have a separate vacuum tree for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    I can't see why this 870 wouldn't be good for use with VCRTs.

As this thread goes on, I'm changing my mind about the 870. I'm wondering if there will be an integrated humidity stick to go with the Mantooth app.

So, I'm looking at the set of hoses which would be $75-$100, the accessory bag $50, the vacuum sensor $110. So, all of the added features of the 870 over the 860 are just a bonus for the extra $225.

I have the BluVac Pro +, but it would be nice to have this as a back up sensor.

HMMMMMM.....

Damn you HVAC-Talk........
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

11. Likes boat racer liked this post
    Post Likes
    Whats a vcrt?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Core_d View Post
    Whats a vcrt?

Valve Core Removal Tool

14. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    I can't see why this 870 wouldn't be good for use with VCRTs.
    Why did you make this statement?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    Why did you make this statement?
    Maybe he means the micron gauge is remote and doesn’t require a hose to the manifold as other digital gauges with built in micron gauges do.

Had me a bit confused as well.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast