Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by mgenius33 View Post
    Johnstone has the 870 w/ vacuum sensor, hoses and case for $499.99

Unfortunately, without psychrometer probes, they are behind the 8 ball compared to the other mfgs.

I'd rather spend a couple bucks less and get the whole FP wireless kit.
    Why would I spend $500 on a set of basic gauges that every one else sells for less or the same price with full connectivity to other probes?
    Wake up Ritchie Engineering Inc!

I guess it has the micron gauge, but still. I thought everyone was over using a manifold set up for vacuums because they're too unreliable.
    I second this sentiment.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Johnstone has the 870 w/ vacuum sensor, hoses and case for $499.99

Unfortunately, without psychrometer probes, they are behind the 8 ball compared to the other mfgs.

I'd rather spend a couple bucks less and get the whole FP wireless kit.
    Why would I spend $500 on a set of basic gauges that every one else sells for less or the same price with full connectivity to other probes?
    Wake up Ritchie Engineering Inc!

I guess it has the micron gauge, but still. I thought everyone was over using a manifold set up for vacuums because they're too unreliable.
    Your paying for quality, Field piece and testo not on the same level as YJ. I have the smans too..but let's be honest, Fieldjunk has gotten that name for a reason.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post
    Your paying for quality, Field piece and testo not on the same level as YJ. I have the smans too..but let's be honest, Fieldjunk has gotten that name for a reason.

What are you using for wetbulb readings and outdoor temps?
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    +1 on feildjunk

Anyway, I prefer replaceable batteries...nothing worse than running out of battery power or having the internal battery fail. Better to have standard AA and then use rechargeable if you want to. It is ugly for sure. I don't like how they put analog dials on the face and then use digital numbers. That's such a waste of space. Get rid of the analog dials (these are digital gauges) then make all the digital numbers about 10X bigger.
    "Call a technician for God's sake. Or we'll see you on the news or the Dark Side of the Moon."

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    What are you using for wetbulb readings and outdoor temps?
    Fieldjunk humidity/temp thermometer

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by psehunter View Post

You make a good point. I don't know, I guess time will tell. The issue still remains, they are behind in the comprehensive system diagnostics without air probes.

I guess Testo still makes stuff in Germany, it just costs twice as much. My issue with Testo is, they've gone forward with the cheap stuff, and just left the higher end models at a stand still. I mean really... EasyKool software? Seriously, are we supposed to use PC's when wireless tablet are the norm. It probably doesn't even work with Windows 10. They definitely went in the right direction with the Smart Probes, but failed at the comprehensive application for it. The range isn't really that much of an issue. I'm not sure "real time" is all that necessary in most cases.

I suppose, in the end the iConnect is still the brand to beat, but they are still not without their faults as well. I.E. batteries, and 500' of wires wrapped around my pressure probes.
    Last edited by mgenius33; 06-26-2018 at 10:28 AM.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    I suppose, in the end the iConnect is still the brand to beat, but they are still not without their faults as well. I.E. batteries, and 500' of wires wrapped around my pressure probes.
    We have been asking for wireless clamps for a while now, supposedly they had been working on this feature this was months back. Still no word if they are actually gonna release any. That’s the only thing i dislike are the wired clamps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I actually like the picture of the dial gauges. So used to looking at something like that it feels more natural. I suppose I would forget about it after a while. I have been using the SMAN 460 wit the SDP2. I like it. Would like the information laid out different on the screen. And not a fan of the APP.

Post Likes
    Ordered the 860 sunday night should be here friday....

Post Likes
    I have the 860 and no silly dials. Just big #s. I feel like I get digi cool type performance out of these so far (no disrespect to digicool) and for $249, a 4 valve Titan manifold included? Outstanding value!
    Digicool never gave a 4 valve manifold, and as mentioned yj quality is good. Can't see the 500$ for color, wireless Bluetooth, etc. You can get 2 basic manifolds with b/w displays for that.

Lost a temp clamp yesterday. They are small and black. Going to paint them yellow! .

Post Likes
    I'm pretty sure the 860 comes with bluetooth. Just looked, I might actually pick up a set for back up. $250 sounds about right.

Of course you lose the color touchscreen display, micron gauge, hoses and back pack. From the videos I watched it's pretty much the same other than those features. You can even data log with bluetooth or usb. You can purchase the micron gauge accessory.
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Post Likes
    Yea it has the app, i hope this will be my last gauge for a while. I just wish it had all the info on one screen like the digis...

Post Likes
    Got it today and used it on my last few calls... me likey

14. Likes psehunter liked this post
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast