Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
    Post Likes
    I’m going to buy the extensions that look like a curly q French fry. Think they would be more convenient to use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I actually like the shorter leads, less problems.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by kra2y View Post
    Can those yellow jacket temp Clamps be used with the imanifold? I would think so since you could use the Cooper Clamps with there Guage. I want to find some Clamps that aren't so fricken expensive like the Cooper Clamps.

Good question!
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing" Socrates

Visit us at Dr. Degree°s HVAC
    or like us on Facebook

Post Likes
    I've been using the 870s for quite a while and love em. They do a lot more than most digitals and they have a fantastic manifold, so what's not to like. The micron gauge is almost dead on with my BluVac Pro too, as much as you can measure by measuring at two different places on a test setup or unit. Usually less than 40 microns off, and often a lot closer, especially at deep vacuum. The automatic logging feature is, in my mind, the best thing since sliced bread. I can go home and download the .csv file and look it over and save it for future service.

Post Likes
    I agree 100% and couldn't put it any better! They almost feel like toys.
    I tried the Fieldpiece job link probes but was not pleased with their operation and their claimed connection distance...i would think manufacturers would move away from bluetooth to another wireless protocol like the Imanifold zigbee probes.

Hopefully bluetooth 5.0 will help improve distance for future tools...if they only made blue tooth signal repeaters!!

”Bluetooth 5.0 has four times the range, two times the speed, and eight times the broadcasting message capacity of older versions of Bluetooth. Again, these improvements apply to Bluetooth Low Energy, ensuring devices can take advantage of them while saving power.

With Bluetooth 5.0, devices can use data transfer speeds of up to 2 Mbps, which is double what Bluetooth 4.2 supports. Devices can also communicate over distances of up to 800 feet (or 240 meters), which is four times the 200 feet (or 60 meters) allowed by Bluetooth 4.2. However, walls and other obstacles will weaken the signal, as they do with Wi-Fi.”

[QUOTE=misternash;25577989]Fieldpiece of sh** is how I refer to their junk.

Post Likes
    Unfortunately this is the state of the BT technology. We will continue to get piecemeal realeases of incrementally better connectivity. I almost wish I'd just stayed out of wireless until it was ready for primetime. That's why 90% of the time I use the 870, and no I don't use the BT app, it sucks worse than any AC app I've ever seen. But, the 870 is first class and we'll thought out. Hey, it's almost like someone who's actually worked on cooling had designed them.. go figure!

Post Likes
    I stick with my digicools for the most part.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I agree 100% and couldn't put it any better! They almost feel like toys.
    I tried the Fieldpiece job link probes but was not pleased with their operation and their claimed connection distance...i would think manufacturers would move away from bluetooth to another wireless protocol like the Imanifold zigbee probes.

Hopefully bluetooth 5.0 will help improve distance for future tools...if they only made blue tooth signal repeaters!!

”Bluetooth 5.0 has four times the range, two times the speed, and eight times the broadcasting message capacity of older versions of Bluetooth. Again, these improvements apply to Bluetooth Low Energy, ensuring devices can take advantage of them while saving power.

With Bluetooth 5.0, devices can use data transfer speeds of up to 2 Mbps, which is double what Bluetooth 4.2 supports. Devices can also communicate over distances of up to 800 feet (or 240 meters), which is four times the 200 feet (or 60 meters) allowed by Bluetooth 4.2. However, walls and other obstacles will weaken the signal, as they do with Wi-Fi.”
    Besides that you are missing that BT5 can also communicate like zigbe where you can link nodes together. Bluetooth is not just point A to B anymore.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytefog View Post
    I stick with my digicools for the most part.
    I wish. Mine died and tried Testo 550 and they are cheap and suck

10. Likes Core_d liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by IceWhiteice View Post
    I wish. Mine died and tried Testo 550 and they are cheap and suck
    I just got the Testo 550 as a replacement for my AK900s, which I have problems turning on most of the time. Power connections from the 9v battery to the circuit board also had to be redone because it came off... plus no more parts available for them.

I will keep the digicool just in case but i cant wait to try the Testo and see how it goes.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by justinjoyal View Post
    I just got the Testo 550 as a replacement for my AK900s, which I have problems turning on most of the time. Power connections from the 9v battery to the circuit board also had to be redone because it came off... plus no more parts available for them.

I will keep the digicool just in case but i cant wait to try the Testo and see how it goes.
    I have 2 sets of the Testo 550’s and they have been reliable for me.

I’ve even given 3 sets to apprentices, and they all like them.

The biggest concern is the temp sensor connection.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678