Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by XRRIDER View Post
    Has anyone used the JACE as a BACnet router for other brands?
    Works just fine as a router. Its Bacnet, so it doesn't give a rip what's on either side. Routing should be enabled by default if you have IP & MSTP networks setup. It will disable routing automatically if it notices issues with your setup, ie net 20 assigned to an MSTP port and another net 20 somewhere on the IP side for example. You will have warnings about this in the app director if that happens.
    Propagating the formula. http://www.noagendashow.com/

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by orion242 View Post
    Works just fine as a router. Its Bacnet, so it doesn't give a rip what's on either side. Routing should be enabled by default if you have IP & MSTP networks setup. It will disable routing automatically if it notices issues with your setup, ie net 20 assigned to an MSTP port and another net 20 somewhere on the IP side for example. You will have warnings about this in the app director if that happens.
    I got it to work. What I have is JACE set up as BBMD and routing enable. In the site router I have port 47808 forwarded to JACE so I can program Distech controllers as well. When I try to connect remotely with OrcaView (using external IP and port 47808) I can initially see the Delta controllers when I scan but then they X out and loose communication. So the JACE is working as a BacNet router but on the Delta side it's not getting the info back. I have occurred this at other sites without a JACE and found the Delta device acting as bacnet router needed its IP settings changed to reflect proper DNS and Gateway. I have tried using the site router as the gateway as well as the JACE but still connection issue.

Any ideas?

Post Likes
    Really, thanks for the heads up! All the my non-Distech sites are at 3.8 so never had an issue. I have a large FX Supervisor site with alot of Distech that we are quoting to upgrade to N4 so we'll need the extra licensing.

So now I'm wondering if it makes more sense to switch the Supervisor from FX to Distech. FX Supervisor really has no advantage for us regardless of the FX JACES onsite.

Thanks
    Are there controllers connected to the supervisor or just JACEs? If it is just JACEs, I think you will be alright as the wizard service lives on the JACE.

Post Likes
    Any ideas?
    Have you got Delta to work with any other 3rd party routers?

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by FreezerGeezer View Post
    I have also been told that it's not unheard of for the JACE factory to ship the wrong SD card, in which case you have no chance until you get the right card.
    I haven't seen that, but I did have a Distech JACE straight out of the box that had the default Honeywell platform credentials. I kept trying the Distech credentials, and in a fit of frustration I tried Honeywell and it worked. The N4 license file said Distech, so I can't explain it. We have also had around a dozen or so JACE 8s that wouldn't boot out of the box and had to be restored.

Post Likes
    Is there any place that describes you the actual benefit or differences between that Niagara brands?
    I'm new to this forum.
    I guess I'm coming in a bit late in this thread but does anyone have an answer/weblink to one of the original question (see quote)?

I'm new to Niagara and should certify with N4 in the coming months.
    I'm trying to select a Niagara "flavor" and have a really hard time weighing the pros and cons of each brand.
    My concerns are :
    1. Licenses needed : from what I understand, licensing is a big thing with Niagara. Am I correct?
    2. Product access : which brand is easiest to buy and if being licensed for that particular brand is a must.
    3. N4 certification : is there an annual fee and/or number of hours of training to stay certified?

So far, I'm leaning towards Vykon... but still very undecided.
    Very sorry for shooting questions in all directions...
    Any help would be really appreciated!

Post Likes
    To put my questions into perspective, I've been searching the web for days for bits of "unbiased" information.
    I've been reading many threads on this forum and collecting the bits of (dated!) info found here and there in a spreadsheet, to try and get an overall view...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lem5 View Post
    1. Licenses needed : from what I understand, licensing is a big thing with Niagara. Am I correct?
    N4 simplified this to nothing more than device/point counts on all the common drivers. Some specific ones are still extra or locked to a certain brand.

2. Product access : which brand is easiest to buy and if being licensed for that particular brand is a must.
    Vykon sells to anyone with cash in hand. Sure there are a few distributors that are dbags and may further restrict things, but in general it should be pretty available.

3. N4 certification : is there an annual fee and/or number of hours of training to stay certified?
    Once certified on the product, your done. Only additional training is new products as they come out or optional advance training. Most, if not all, Tridium brands will have a yearly support fee that covers a handful of WB licenses typically. Some OEMs may choose to cover this, some pass it on, some mark it up a fair bit.

Post Likes
    @orion Thanks a lot!
    And what would be your recommendation(s) : Vykon, Facility Explorer, something else?

Post Likes
    Its likely going to boil down to who's field devices your using. If your using the FX field devices, then your prob gonna be better off getting the FX Jaces if nothing else than to add to the sales goals. If your using HW field devices, its pretty costly not to use their Jace. If your using a system that doesn't directly offer Tridium, Vykon is always an option. When in Rome, do like the Romans.

11. Likes bigguy158 liked this post
    Post Likes
    Again, thanks orion242 for your opinion and insights.
    Much appreciated!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12