Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast
Results 144 to 156 of 189
  1. #144
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    27,399
    Post Likes
    I like Section 8c

    "Most women are inferior to me in physical strength."

    "Off you go then - it's prison for you lad!"

    A woman pipes up: "I can bear more children than any mere man!"

    Off you go then - it's prison for you missy!"

    PHM
    -------------



    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    the cornerstone of freedom is ' freedom of speech ' and the United States of America is the freest country in the world regarding ' freedom of speech ' ... criticize the government, read certain books, publish certain books, ECT ....

    then you have tyrannical countrys like this


    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/canada-laws-crack-down-on-hate-speech/


    Ottawa has thus elected to impose “reasonable limits” on speech deemed obscene, seditious, treasonous, pro-terrorist, or hateful. Since “hate speech” tends to be the most controversial category, it’s worth walking through the numerous layers of law and authority that Canada’s government invokes in order to prevent Canadians from, say, reading the wrong sort of book.

    Section 319(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada says:

    Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of

    (a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

    (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.


    The definition section of 319, in turn, defines an “identifiable group” as “any section of the public distinguished by colour, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or mental or physical disability.” (“Gender identity or expression” is a new flourish added by Prime Minister Trudeau’s infamous bill C-16, the controversial legislation that helped make Jordan Peterson a global celebrity for taking issue with it.)

    Canadian Code Section 320(8) proceeds to classify “any writing, sign or visible representation” that would constitute a section 319 offense as “Hate Propaganda.” As a criminal good, such propaganda can be confiscated with a warrant of seizure, and Ottawa is obligated to prevent its import from foreign lands.

    Tariff 9899.00.00 of the Canadian Custom Tariff schedule thus prohibits the import of any “books, printed paper, drawings, paintings, prints, photographs or representations of any kind” that constitute hate propaganda under the Code’s definition, in addition to media that are seditious, obscene, terroristic, etc.

    So far, so abstract. A lot of this rhetoric about “wilfully promoting hatred” of definable groups is obviously deeply subjective, and the Code, it should be acknowledged, does concede a limited right to distribute hateful ideas if it’s believed they were disseminated “for the public benefit” and were, “on reasonable grounds,” believed to be true.

    Ottawa has therefore helped clarify matters with a guiding memo known as Memorandum D9-1-15, most recently revised by the Trudeau administration in July 2017, to assist officers of the Canada Border Services Agency in their efforts to identify and prevent “hate propaganda” from entering Canada. Section 8 of the memo reads:

    Goods that incite or promote hatred against an identifiable group, by incorporating some or all of the following allegations, may be prohibited as hate propaganda:

    (a) allegations that an identifiable group is to blame for serious economic or social problems;
    (b) allegations that an identifiable group manipulates media, trade, finance, government or world politics to the detriment of society;
    (c) allegations that an identifiable group is inferior or superior to another group; and/or
    (d) allegations that an identifiable group weakens or threatens society, in whole or in part.
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

  2. #145
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    right .... suppose if we do not hear from Sooty or Lahrs for a considerable length of time then it is safe to assume they said something that ' offended ' somebody and are probably in jail
    Lol.

    I don't mock your president or your country for that matter. Yet you go on to mock mine.

    I'm skiing with family. Free as a bird.

    Enjoy the rest of your day.

  3. #146
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Culver, Oregon (Central OR)
    Posts
    2,675
    Post Likes
    Go on a Canadian forum or something. Your anti-american rhetoric is played out. Socialist bullsheet.

  4. #147
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,892
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post

    If you think it is tacky for foreigners to mock your President you should have elected a less tacky President. Trump has no class, no grace, no diplomatic skill. He can't even be trusted to keep his word from minute to minute it is impossible to respect him.

    what do you know about our president other than what your government censored news outlets have propagandized to you ?

    imagine your news is like CNN on steroids .. President Trump would have a field day Up North ehh ?

    probably shouldn't be too hard on you, seeing how if you mocked your president would probably wind up in jail

  5. #148
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,892
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post
    Lol.

    I don't mock your president or your country for that matter. Yet you go on to mock mine.

    I'm skiing with family. Free as a bird.

    Enjoy the rest of your day.
    best get that skiing in while you still have snow, President Trump just rolled back another few dozen of the kenyans EPA regulations ..... imagine you heard about the Paris Accord thing too .....

  6. #149
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Hamersville, Ohio
    Posts
    7,281
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    the cornerstone of freedom is ' freedom of speech ' and the United States of America is the freest country in the world regarding ' freedom of speech ' ... criticize the government, read certain books, publish certain books, ECT ....

    then you have tyrannical countrys like this


    https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/04/canada-laws-crack-down-on-hate-speech/


    Ottawa has thus elected to impose “reasonable limits” on speech deemed obscene, seditious, treasonous, pro-terrorist, or hateful. Since “hate speech” tends to be the most controversial category, it’s worth walking through the numerous layers of law and authority that Canada’s government invokes in order to prevent Canadians from, say, reading the wrong sort of book.

    Section 319(2) of the Criminal Code of Canada says:

    Every one who, by communicating statements, other than in private conversation, wilfully promotes hatred against any identifiable group is guilty of

    (a) an indictable offence and is liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years; or

    (b) an offence punishable on summary conviction.


    The definition section of 319, in turn, defines an “identifiable group” as “any section of the public distinguished by colour, race, religion, national or ethnic origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or mental or physical disability.” (“Gender identity or expression” is a new flourish added by Prime Minister Trudeau’s infamous bill C-16, the controversial legislation that helped make Jordan Peterson a global celebrity for taking issue with it.)

    Canadian Code Section 320(8) proceeds to classify “any writing, sign or visible representation” that would constitute a section 319 offense as “Hate Propaganda.” As a criminal good, such propaganda can be confiscated with a warrant of seizure, and Ottawa is obligated to prevent its import from foreign lands.

    Tariff 9899.00.00 of the Canadian Custom Tariff schedule thus prohibits the import of any “books, printed paper, drawings, paintings, prints, photographs or representations of any kind” that constitute hate propaganda under the Code’s definition, in addition to media that are seditious, obscene, terroristic, etc.

    So far, so abstract. A lot of this rhetoric about “wilfully promoting hatred” of definable groups is obviously deeply subjective, and the Code, it should be acknowledged, does concede a limited right to distribute hateful ideas if it’s believed they were disseminated “for the public benefit” and were, “on reasonable grounds,” believed to be true.

    Ottawa has therefore helped clarify matters with a guiding memo known as Memorandum D9-1-15, most recently revised by the Trudeau administration in July 2017, to assist officers of the Canada Border Services Agency in their efforts to identify and prevent “hate propaganda” from entering Canada. Section 8 of the memo reads:

    Goods that incite or promote hatred against an identifiable group, by incorporating some or all of the following allegations, may be prohibited as hate propaganda:

    (a) allegations that an identifiable group is to blame for serious economic or social problems;
    (b) allegations that an identifiable group manipulates media, trade, finance, government or world politics to the detriment of society;
    (c) allegations that an identifiable group is inferior or superior to another group; and/or
    (d) allegations that an identifiable group weakens or threatens society, in whole or in part.


    Wow!

    Of course, ... Here in America, A Conservative & /or a "Christian" can be , & has been, Censored by the Media, & "Social Networking" Groups like Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.

    And, .... I'd be Very Wary, of proclaiming that Crap like what is ongoing in Canada, won't happen here in America, ...... After all, Canada Legalized Homosexual Marriages, with that Un-natural, & Un-holy Act soon adopted by "Christian America".

    I Believe that America has fallen so far away from what was established by The Founding Fathers, & Honored, Fought & Died for by Our ForeFathers, that they would be Horrified by what they saw.

    And then they'd set out & do some Serious Ass Whuppin' of Democrats & Republicans.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.


    "You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)


    Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

  7. #150
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    2,372
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    best get that skiing in while you still have snow, President Trump just rolled back another few dozen of the kenyans EPA regulations ..... imagine you heard about the Paris Accord thing too .....
    It was a killer day Skills. 70 kms of XC skiing. Life is good. Even though it's January, air temp was right on 0 C. Crazy. Snow was fast.

    Yeah, yeah, I know. XC skiing?? It's not snowboarding, that's for sure. But a great sport to maintain summer fitness. Plus, more accessible for a family.

    What sports are you into?

    Oh, the whole freedom thing? Never once in my adult life have I not been able to say or do what I want. Take that as you will.

    My only point was you guys don't own the trademark on freedom. I merely referenced some studies on freedom that put us ahead of you. If freedom of speech is your only metric, yes, most reports put you on top. Sincerely, congrats. On a balance of multiple factors, you are not.

    EPA, Trump blah blah. Whatever. Do what ya want. You guys are a sovereign nation. History is the judge, not me.

    My opinion of your politics isn't relevant or informed. For this reason I rarely comment on American only content threads. Our countries may be neighbours, but we have our own distinct traditions, personality and laws. And that's fine!!!

    I'm without question a conservative Canadian. But in ARP terms my beliefs that I do share (pretty much just climate change, nearly everything else is US politics) lands me in the liberal spectrum. Not sure why after researching the science of CC myself and concluding we are screwing with the planet automatically makes me a liberal in some people's eyes here, but there it is.

    Sorry, that became a bit of a ramble. But I hope it can clear up my current position on a number of topics which have been brought up with you in this thread.

  8. #151
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,892
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post

    Yeah, yeah, I know. XC skiing?? It's not snowboarding, that's for sure. But a great sport to maintain summer fitness. Plus, more accessible for a family.

    What sports are you into?

    My only point was you guys don't own the trademark on freedom. I merely referenced some studies on freedom that put us ahead of you. If freedom of speech is your only metric, yes, most reports put you on top. Sincerely, congrats. On a balance of multiple factors, you are not.

    nice to see you had a good time with the family ....

    biking, bowling, occasional golfing

    far from being the only metric, but without a doubt freedom of speech is the most important freedom of all, IMO, all other freedoms hinge on freedom of speech, unless of course you are willing to conform to society and be a good little lemming ..... not saying that you are, just saying in general

    as far as everything else, as the saying goes ' with being great great things are expected ', or something like that, so yes us Americans do bear a tremendous burden for so much of the world which can hamper us individually at times ... so is life

  9. #152
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Atlanta GA area
    Posts
    44,291
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacskills View Post
    so who are the people that decide what is or is not ' false ' anyhow, and what is their agenda ?


    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/fal...crtc-1.1117504


    suppose if you are a good little lemming then it does not much matter what is indoctrinated into your head
    THAT... lefty...

    Is what freedom is about...

    NOBODY decides for me or you...

    ME and YOU decide for ourselves.

    Problem with this... is a person has to choose to be well informed... and make wise choices...
    Or the person does not do as well as the ones that DO what is in the previous sentence.

    Oh yeah... I forgot...
    Libbies are inherently lazy...
    They want someone to do it for them.

    Never mind...

    BTW: Freedom of speech and press and religion (not freedom FROM those things... rather freedom to practice those things)... is the foundation of ALL other freedoms.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

    Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

    GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

  10. #153
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,776
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Name:  MASreduced.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  21.0 KB

    Found a guy finally selling a nice SVT-40... but when I went to pick it up he also had a MAS 36 so I bought that instead.

    Early serial # part of the first run and may even have killed a Nazi before the soldier holding it surrendered.

  11. #154
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridgeton, MO, 'burb of St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    7,562
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Name:  MASreduced.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  21.0 KB

    Found a guy finally selling a nice SVT-40... but when I went to pick it up he also had a MAS 36 so I bought that instead.

    Early serial # part of the first run and may even have killed a Nazi before the soldier holding it surrendered.
    Took me a second to catch the last part! haha What a neat find! It's still gonna make your shoulder sore. I get a kick out of bolt actions, makes me feel part of the process!

    Will you be able to get ammo? 7.5x54 sounds rare!


    If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!


    Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

    "And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

    "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

    “Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

  12. #155
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Ontari-ari-ari-o
    Posts
    1,776
    Post Likes
    Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rcstl View Post
    Took me a second to catch the last part! haha What a neat find! It's still gonna make your shoulder sore. I get a kick out of bolt actions, makes me feel part of the process!

    Will you be able to get ammo? 7.5x54 sounds rare!
    I don't know about rare I didn't have any trouble finding it online but I'd bet none of my local stores carry any. It was $300 for 200 rounds though so pricey for plinking but I couldn't pass this rifle up.

  13. #156
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bridgeton, MO, 'burb of St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    7,562
    Post Likes
    Rare to me is if I can't drive the local gas station and buy a brick. LOL $1.50 a round is steep.

    I have several, many, a bunch of pellet guns for plinking and making noise. A fifteen yard pellet range in the basement, around $.04 a round. To be truthful, I have more fun with the pellet guns than the firearms. I shoot at old 10 and 12 inch sawblades, they make a satisfying cowbell imitation! Let us know how she shoots!


    If thinking was easy,
    everyone would do it!


    Regarding Russian Roulette; five out of six players think it is a safe, enjoyable game!

    "And I've been banned twice. What of it? If you aren't getting banned once every 3 years, you aren't trying." Brian8383

    "it's actually 90 right now in this shaded area of satan's butthole." - HVAC_marc

    “Don't believe signature quotes.” - George Washington

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 256789101112131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Contracting Business
HPAC Engineering
EC&M
CONTRACTOR