+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NATE testing

Post Likes
    Thanks. I'm having to get my nate certification to receive a promotion so this was just thrown at me.

Post Likes
    HEY " FREE THROW GUY" U TAKE NATE TEST HERE IN PHX ARIZONA

Post Likes
    If you know the basics of the job you don't need to study for a NATE test. After all that's what it's for, to show you have the basics down.

Portland, OR(Previous: Arizona, Texas, Oklahoma)
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raidersfan7 View Post
    HEY " FREE THROW GUY" U TAKE NATE TEST HERE IN PHX ARIZONA
    Nope I got my nate a few years back when I was in Oregon.

And btw this Phoenix market is the worst working conditions I've ever seen.

No inspections, nothing is to code, 65-80 hour work weeks, Chas shouldn't be allowed to even be in business, steep pitched two story roofs with deteriorating shingles, and the greater majority of home owners here thinks hvac is a scam lol its incredible what y'all have to put up with in Phoenix.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    We used the Yellow Books from RSES, books from HVAC Learning Solutions and https://www.hvaccertificationpracticetests.com . We studied 3-4 hours a day ,twice a week for 6 weeks. Also my tech were supposed to study on their own. 12 Techs , Three of us passed both Core and A/C and Heat Pumps. Others passed one test and not the other. Only one guy failed both. It did not make my techs any better or worse than they already were. I do like seeing someone with a cert or two on a resume but it is not a make or break item. The core exam didnt seem to be anything that we had studied and more just common sense and knowing building and construction trade. I hope this helps, good luck.

Post Likes
    We used the Yellow Books from RSES, books from HVAC Learning Solutions and https://www.hvaccertificationpracticetests.com . We studied 3-4 hours a day ,twice a week for 6 weeks. Also my tech were supposed to study on their own. 12 Techs , Three of us passed both Core and A/C and Heat Pumps. Others passed one test and not the other. Only one guy failed both. It did not make my techs any better or worse than they already were. I do like seeing someone with a cert or two on a resume but it is not a make or break item. The core exam didnt seem to be anything that we had studied and more just common sense and knowing building and construction trade. I hope this helps, good luck.

Post Likes
    An all over the place thread. Hurts to read.

Post Likes
    Guide to the NATE/ICE Certification Exams , third edition by Robert Featherstone and Jesse Riojas seems to go more in depth with questions to make a better study guide

Post Likes
    After you pass, you need to accrue 16 Continuing Education Hours in the two year renewal period, and if the training credits are not reported to NATE as you get them by the instructor, you will need to submit certificates listing the contact hours in order to renew without retesting, along with the fee per specialty.

Some CEH credits will be free, some will cost a little or a lot to get. The old requirement used to be 60 CEH speciality specific credits in five years. That was very hard to accomplish.
    Better Service Through Knowledge...
    RSES, The HVACR Training Authority. www.rses.org
    UWUA Local 223

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in