Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Today would be A Good Day to won Gold, .... It's at $1553.4 & Climbing.

And, .... The Ten Year Note is at 1.47 & FALLING.

Happy Days I Suppose, after all, .... As has been proclaimed via Th' Net,& many a "Talking Head" in Washington D.C., & Wall Street, .... One can merely "Talk" the Markets up & down, based upon nothing more than that.

That be the case, ...... Shouldn't there be a considerable amount of of "Jaw Flapping"
    , .... Screaming perhaps,so as to "Super Energize" the DOW, S & P, & the Nasdaq, for they are falling also.
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

"You've got to Stand for Something or You'll fall for anything" (A. Tippin)

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Think it was back in 2007 I was told to wait until gold was over 2K to buy. Looks like that was sound advice. Haven't looked at any charts in a few years, so not sure of the relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidDeBord View Post
    Today would be A Good Day to won Gold, .... It's at $1553.4 & Climbing.

And, .... The Ten Year Note is at 1.47 & FALLING.

Happy Days I Suppose, after all, .... As has been proclaimed via Th' Net,& many a "Talking Head" in Washington D.C., & Wall Street, .... One can merely "Talk" the Markets up & down, based upon nothing more than that.

That be the case, ...... Shouldn't there be a considerable amount of of "Jaw Flapping"
    , .... Screaming perhaps,so as to "Super Energize" the DOW, S & P, & the Nasdaq, for they are falling also.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    It would appear gold at $1553 was a peak... however who knows what is next...

http://www.livecharts.co.uk/MarketCharts/gold.php

Click on the hourly... to see back to the 26th of August

Gold requires 2 things to run:
    Political problems
    And
    Economic problems

What is curious about this gold run:
    In the past... gold would run up in the overnight market (overnight in the USA)... and go down during the day market...
    This time, gold goes up overnight... and comes back down during the day.

BOTH scenarios are reflective of forces manipulating the price of gold...

So I wonder of the TDS folks (remember: Soros has his entire multi/Billions fortune invested in getting rid of Trump)...
    Are manipulating the gold market.

It would not be the first time gold was manipulated... and it certainly will not be the last.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BBeerme View Post
    Think it was back in 2007 I was told to wait until gold was over 2K to buy. Looks like that was sound advice. Haven't looked at any charts in a few years, so not sure of the relationship.
    BB,... If You had bought Gold back in 2007,.... then by Today, You would have almost doubled your investment.

https://www.usagold.com/reference/goldprices/2007.html
    Hos 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you, that you may be no priest to me. Because you have forgotten your God’s law, I will also forget your children.

Mat_15:24 But he answered, “I wasn’t sent to anyone but the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

Post Likes
    Not a very good return considering other investments. Like real estate. Or, how about the stock market as a whole?

BB,... If You had bought Gold back in 2007,.... then by Today, You would have almost doubled your investment.

https://www.usagold.com/reference/goldprices/2007.html
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    Gold, .... Apparently has gained the Attention of Russia & China, as well as several other Nations.

Russia & China, apparently are going to back their Currencies, or a "Joint Currency" by Gold.

I know many people who "Made a Killing" on the Stock Market, & became "Near Millionaires", but,.... I've also seen of that Group, a few that lost their "Dream" in less than 72 hours.

Millions of people, lost their "Stock Value" very quickly during the Great Depression, & that could quickly return, & happen overnite.

Many that I know, are holding "Cash", either in their Bank(s), or at another location, but, ..... The Dollar, is practically worth a few pennies Today, & even it could Crash, & become as valuable as Toilet Paper.

To compound the matter, ....."If", another Economic Catastrophe, such as "The Great Depression", ... Then per many Government Sources, as well as "Political Leaders", .... If a Catastrophe occurred, then The Government, quite possibly, would enact National Martial Law, which per one or more Executive Orders "still on the books", .... John Q. Public, wouldn't be allowed to have "Cash, Gold, Precious Metals, Jewelry, etc."

We, America, & The World, are quickly approaching "The Perfect Storm".

Post Likes
    Gold is not an investment as investments go. Gold is a hedge. It is said back in the days of the Romans and oz of gold would buy a nice quality, tailor made toga. Today the same oz of gold will still by a nice tailor made suit. 2000 years and no increase in value is not an investment however it is a place to park money so if financials tank you still have something of value, and normally if financials tank gold rises.

Post Likes
    BNM,

"If", I am correct, Gold was valued at $35.00 an ounce, back in the 20s, yet that was also when the Dollar was worth far more than toilet paper.

That same ounce of gold Today is worth $1546.70 ,& again, "If" I'm correct, the dollar is worth less than .09 cents.

I haven't bought a "nice tailor made suit" in decades, .... Are they seriously worth $1500.00?

Post Likes
    BNM,

"If", I am correct, Gold was valued at $35.00 an ounce, back in the 20s, yet that was also when the Dollar was worth far more than toilet paper.

That same ounce of gold Today is worth $1546.70 ,& again, "If" I'm correct, the dollar is worth less than .09 cents.

I haven't bought a "nice tailor made suit" in decades, .... Are they seriously worth $1500.00?

I haven't either but I am assuming that is on the low end. The last suit I bought was off the rack at Penny's a few years ago and it seems like it was $300. Was in a Joseph A Banks a few years ago and just a sports coat was a couple hundred. Maybe it was Men's Wearhouse.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by BNME8EZ View Post
    I haven't either but I am assuming that is on the low end. The last suit I bought was off the rack at Penny's a few years ago and it seems like it was $300. Was in a Joseph A Banks a few years ago and just a sports coat was a couple hundred. Maybe it was Men's Wearhouse.

Post Likes
    I'm thinking that a better solution would've been to "Kick Start" many Factories, here in America, that could've been Up & Running by now, & then, .... Hit China with a steady flow of Increasing Tariffs, on products that would still come from China, .... Until they opened their Markets to American Products.

But, that didn't happen, & I don't believe that it will happen.
    -----------------------------------------------------------

New China tariffs a 'job killer,' US industry tells Trump
    AFP News28 August 2019

Imported shoes made in China will raise prices for consumers by as much as $4 billion, the industry warned

President Donald Trump's new tariffs on Chinese goods are a "job killer" that will slam consumers and could make a recession more likely, industry groups said Wednesday.

The latest cry for peace in Trump's year-long trade war came just days before the first in series of tariff increases is due to go into effect -- potentially raising prices ahead of the crucial holiday shopping period.

In a sharp deterioration in the US-China trade war, Trump last week ramped up the punitive duties for the vast majority of US imports from China.

The five percent increases, which will take the tariffs to 15 percent and 30 percent, are due to roll out in stages through December and target some popular items, such as laptops, mobile phones and some shoes.

More than 200 footwear manufacturers and retailers, including major brands such as Nike and Foot Locker, signed onto the letter alerting that the new tariffs could cost US consumers an additional $4 billion a year and increase the chances of an economic downturn.

A broad array of 160 other trade groups -- including software and electronics manufacturers, as well as retailers, liquor producers and others -- also warned Trump of higher prices and damaged consumer confidence and urged him to abandon the tariff strategy.

"We've been telling the White House since the beginning that tariffs will be paid by Americans in the form of higher prices, and that due to our already high import taxes, this will be a job killer," Matt Priest, president of the Footwear Distributors and Retailers of America, said in a statement.

The footwear group directly disputed Trump's claim that China is bearing the cost of the tariffs.

"There is no doubt that tariffs act as hidden taxes paid by American individuals and families," its letter said.

Long a powerful voice in Washington, US industrial lobbies have been unable to persuade Trump to avoid escalating his year-old trade war with China.

The Information Technology Industry Council agreed China needs to change its unfair trade practices, but said in a statement Wednesday that "the current tool of tariffs has simply not worked, and we’re continuing to see the negative results."

- Recession risk -

The companies agreed with economists that recession risks are rising, warning Wednesday that uncertainty caused by the confrontation with Beijing was rattling the wider economy -- a sensitive subject as Trump seeks reelection next year.

"An economic downturn will take away disposable income from US consumers, even as they have to pay more for products," they said.

Already high US import duties on footwear have continued to rise in recent years even as shoe prices have eased, according to the letter, meaning new tariffs almost certainly will be passed onto consumers.

US officials have delayed or canceled tariffs on some popular items until December, including some shoes, preventing price hikes from hitting just before the holiday shopping period.

But, even before they take effect, the tariffs threaten to drive up prices by straining manufacturers outside China to meet a sudden rush of demand, the letter said.

Trump has blown by turns hot and cold this month, thundering last week that US companies should withdraw from China but optimistically predicting a deal on Monday.

Trump's recent, more moderate tone helped stanch bleeding on Wall Street but was quickly met with skepticism by investors since Beijing did not seem to share that optimism.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/china-tari...--finance.html

Post Likes
    We/America,..... As Dorthy said in the Wizard of Oz,"We aren't in Kansas anymore!"
    ------------------------

Goldman Sachs Has Just Issued An Ominous Warning About Stock Market Chaos In October
    by Tyler Durden
    Sat, 09/21/2019 - 10:45

Authored by Michael Snyder via The Economic Collapse blog,

Are we about to see U.S. financial markets go crazy? That is what Goldman Sachs seems to think, and it certainly wouldn’t be the first time that great financial chaos has been unleashed during the month of October. When the stock market crashed in October 1929, it started the worst economic depression that we have ever witnessed. In October 1987, the largest single day percentage decline in U.S. stock market history rocked the entire planet. And the nightmarish events of October 2008 set the stage for a “Great Recession” that we still haven’t fully recovered from. So could it be possible that something similar may happen in October 2019?

According to CNBC, Goldman Sachs is warning that the stock market could soon “go crazy again”…

For investors taking a breather from the chaos in August, buckle up as the market is about to go crazy again, Goldman Sachs warned.

Wall Street is now inches away from reclaiming its record highs, but a rockier ride could be around the corner as stock volatility has been 25% higher in October on average since 1928, according to Goldman. Big price swings have been seen in each major stock benchmark and sector in October over the past 30 years, with technology and health care being the most volatile groups, Goldman said.

Goldman derivatives strategist John Marshall is the man behind this new warning, and he believes that there are some fundamental reasons why the month of October is often so volatile…

“We believe high October volatility is more than just a coincidence,” John Marshall, equity derivatives strategist at Goldman, said in a note Friday. “We believe it is a critical period for many investors and companies that manage performance to calendar year-end.”

And even though October hasn’t arrived yet, we are already starting to see some things that we haven’t witnessed since the last financial crisis.

For example, the Federal Reserve had not intervened in the repo market since 2008, but this week the liquidity crunch was so bad that the Fed felt forced to conduct emergency overnight repurchase agreement operations on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

And then on Friday the Fed announced that it will continue to conduct emergency interventions “on a daily basis for the next three weeks”…

The New York Federal Reserve Bank said Friday it will inject billions into the US financial plumbing on a daily basis for the next three weeks in an effort to prevent a spike in short-term interest rates.

The Fed will offer up to $75 billion a day in repurchase agreements — exchanging secure assets for cash for very short periods — through October 10, it said in a statement.

In addition, it will offer three 14-day “repo” operations of at least $30 billion each.

In essence, the “plumbing” of our financial system has gotten all jammed up, and calling out Roto-Rooter is simply not going to get the job done.

Of course Fed officials are trying to assure us that this is no big deal and that they have everything under control.

But if all this is no big deal, why haven’t they had to conduct such emergency interventions for the last 11 years?

And this comes at a time when the deterioration of the U.S. economy appears to be accelerating. In fact, on Friday St. Louis Fed President James Bullard publicly admitted that the U.S. manufacturing industry appears to already be in a recession…

The US manufacturing sector “already appears in recession” and overall economic growth is expected to slow “in the near horizon,” St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank president James Bullard said on Friday, explaining why he dissented at a recent Fed meeting and wanted a deeper, half-percentage-point rate cut.

That is a stunning admission, because normally Fed officials try very hard to maintain the narrative that everything is wonderful because they are doing such a great job of manipulating the economy.

The American people as a whole are becoming increasingly pessimistic about the economy as well, and Gallup just released some very alarming numbers…

Americans’ confidence in the economy has become less rosy this month as Gallup’s Economic Confidence Index fell to +17 from August’s +24 reading, marking the lowest level since the government shutdown ended in January.

At the same time, the public is evenly divided over the likelihood of a recession in the next year. The current expectation of a recession is nine points higher than it was in October 2007, just two months before the Great Recession began but slightly below a February 2001 reading, one month before that eight-month-long recession.

Every economic indicator that we have is telling us that big trouble is heading our way, but most Americans are partying instead of preparing.

U.S. financial markets have never been more primed for a crash than they are at this moment, and so many of the exact same patterns that we witnessed just prior to the last recession are happening again right now.

Over the past few months, my wife and I have felt a sense of urgency unlike anything that we have ever felt before. You may have noticed a difference in our tone and in the types of stories that we have been sharing. Everything that we have been doing has been leading up to this. The time of “the perfect storm” is here, and most Americans won’t understand what is happening.

The storm clouds are looming and disaster could strike at any time. This is one of the most critical times in the history of our nation, and most Americans are completely unprepared for what is going to happen next.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/go...-chaos-october

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike19 View Post
    If we bring some more manufacturing back to America and build all these new factories, who is going to work in them?

Where I live we can’t even find people to work at the factories and businesses we already have.
    Stop making welfare so inviting, why would some want to work when they don't have to.

When a woman goes on welfare, ask her who's the father, he needs to provide. And next time she gets pregnant again, she better get the money from the one who got her pregnant, cause it wasn't us, the taxpayer.

Its not our problem, its her and his problem, and make it so.

We got plenty of workers, make it so.

Roy
    A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
    Lysander Spooner

Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 21242526272829303132 LastLast