Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Likes
    For what you're going to pay for the hoses and end-encompassing sleeve would work the same, protect the hose end, and look more professional.

2. Likes kangaroogod liked this post
    Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by HVAC_Marc View Post
    For what you're going to pay for the hoses and end-encompassing sleeve would work the same, protect the hose end, and look more professional.
    Those hoses at the show were prototypes. The hoses will be brass crimped ends. This photo is from hydrostatic testing of the hose, so the ends are not the KF fittings, but they do show the crimp connections that will be used in the final design. Not sure 100% on the release date yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    JLB,

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jim bergmann View Post
    Those hoses at the show were prototypes. The hoses will be brass crimped ends. This photo is from hydrostatic testing of the hose, so the ends are not the KF fittings, but they do show the crimp connections that will be used in the final design. Not sure 100% on the release date yet.
    Thanks Jim! Now that's a MUCH classier and more durable design. Very similar to what I pictured in my mind.

Post Likes
    IMO the weak point would still be in the Core removal tools unless they improved them they seem be the cause anytime i have an issue with the vacuum process..yes ive switched to the newer ones a year or so back, still have issues..

Post Likes
    Those are made by Accutools, available for sale in about 12 weeks. There is nothing out there like them. They perform better than any hose we tested, and not by a little bit either. They go deeper, faster, are lighter, more flexible, and have the lowest loss that Dennis or I have ever seen. They perform as well as metal connections. They are Accutools TruBlu Hoses.Jim Bergmann
    'Life begins with the journey each day'

7. Likes DPeoples liked this post
    Post Likes
    Add me to the beta tester list

'The more you know, the more you realize you don't know'

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by acguytx View Post
    IMO the weak point would still be in the Core removal tools unless they improved them they seem be the cause anytime i have an issue with the vacuum process..yes ive switched to the newer ones a year or so back, still have issues..
    I agree completely!!! they seem to work as designed for no more than a year, for me anyways.

I have rebuilt the older set of these, at a cost that seems high, only to have them be no better off that before. Before they leaked, had side port connection issues and schrader core grabbing issues.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

10. Likes acguytx liked this post
    Post Likes
    The shrader cores grabbing have been an issue with the new and old ones for me. I just placed new orings on my old ones due to leaks and so far so good. I'll get back to you after I use them a few more times though

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pacnw View Post
    I agree completely!!! they seem to work as designed for no more than a year, for me anyways.

I have rebuilt the older set of these, at a cost that seems high, only to have them be no better off that before. Before they leaked, had side port connection issues and schrader core grabbing issues.
    I agree, the rebuild cost does seem a bit high.
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    how do you rebuild them exactly? steps and kits?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12