Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yorkasaurous

Post Likes

Yorkasaurus

Been there and done that too but r-134a
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Plant009.jpg  

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    You haven't been around one of them when surging!
    That reminds me of my first chiller service call... ok, it wasn't that long ago, 6 years maybe.
    It was a 1200 ton CVHA that was surging at a hospital. I got the you're not so and so or the other so and so. I said yeah, you got me.
    Looked at it, loaded with air and surge starting around 50%. The chief said I needed to add refrigerant, I said no, you have air.
    Had our vapor reclaimer delivered and hooked up to the purge line with a 1/2" hose. Few hours later had it a 90% doing 10 on each side with great approach numbers. He asked how much I put in, I said nothing. NOW he doesn't question me anymore. Sadly, it got retired last year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by raptyr View Post
    Been there and done that too but r-134a
    That's a nice looking plant too!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    -----Stop, step back, relax and have another go at it.-----

Post Likes
    I ike that color red the best.
    There is only one truly right way to do something, but there are thousands of wrong ways to varying degrees to do it.
    So the question is: If you don't do it right, then how wrong is it going to be???

Post Likes
    My biggest encounter with CVHE was when i worked for Trane and my manager said 'pop to a site, chiller nuisance tripping on overload', spent 3 weeks there, both impellers split wide open, had to bore out the impeller hub with pneumatic drill to collapse the impellers to get them out of the casting, surprise was, thinking ok I will make a list of parts required, clear off and come back in a few months, but, customer had all parts in stock ! there for 2 weeks stripping and rebuilding it. Wasn't the chillers fault then either , failure was due to a couple of stupid things, DOL starter, anti-re-cycle timer stuck in ON position and a broken flow switch, split both impellers due to transient torque from chattering starter !!

6. Likes r404a liked this post.
    Post Likes
    chillerdude
    I had the same thing only 2 york om's 5000 ton's each and 10000 pounds of r-22 each! I think i said that right been retired for 5 years now

Post Likes
    How is it that this post survived the "we lost everything back to 6-2017" crash?

Post Likes
    Forget I said that... I couldnt log in... I forgot...

that doesnt mean you couldnt bonehead moment

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by chillrdude View Post
    How'd you like to punch tubes on this monster? 5800 lbs of R-22 with a large pump out system and storage tank underneath it, runs on 12.5k volts. There are three 2k ton Yorks and two 2500 ton Trane Duplexes in there also.

Is that an ice maker with a dual evaporator? Looks like an Enwave plant inHouston.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12