Post Likes

Toilet loosing water

I have an AS one piece Hamilton toilet that keeps loosing water(fill valve opens 3 times in 24 hours.) I have changed flapper, however, it still wants to fill by itself.

'Tis,

T

Post Likes
    Have you put food coloring in the tank to see if the flapper isn't 100% tight. Even with a new flapper the seat that it sets on might ha e small crack or built up not letting the flapper to seat properly.

Post Likes
    Agree with servicefitter - place one of those dye tablets in while the tank is really calm and you will easily see where the leak is. I had one once where the porcelain itself had a flaw and the flapper valve wasn't the issue. A little bit of plumber's putty solved that one.

Post Likes
    I had a customer tell me he had changed the flapper and flush valve, he changed the flapper twice. He removed the tank to change out the flush valve. I told him all I would be able to do is the same thing he did. Maybe a bad flush valve. Idk. But thinking back, I don't like korky flappers, I think they suck. I think if I would have known at the time I would have changed it to a standard universal flapper.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have had the same problem, check the flush valve, I am finding more and more, with a horizontal crack just under the flapper seat.

Post Likes
    You don't even neeed dye to tell you're loosing water. Maybe your chain is just a tiny bit too short?