Post Likes

Replacing package unit with minisplits...

We have a customer who has a 2 level house with a gas pack. 1st floor ducts are in the slab, second floor is in the floor joists.

We are bidding on options and I thought mjni-split would be a good option but my boss doesn't think so. Heat requirements are more than cooling though humidity is an issue during summer. Entire second floor is vaulted. Can relatively easily zone the floors but not individual rooms. He thinks it will cost to much and since it is an older/leaky house their heating bill will go up dramatically. Anyone have any experience with going from a natural gas unit to heat pumps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Well, around here anyway, heating with heat pumps is more expensive than with gas, and our electric rates are fairly low

Post Likes
    how cold does it get in Arkansas? they do make cold region heat pumps for minisplits.
    Col 3:23

questions asked, answers received, ignorance abated

Post Likes
    We get below freezing every year. Our design temp is 12 or 13F. Most of the time we are around 40ish...

When we put in mini-splits that will function as a main source of heat we always do the low temp verities (Mr. Slim hyper heat). Just wasn't sure how a whole home mini-splits system will do compared to their gas pack. I know summer will do great but the colder part of the winter concerns me. About 1700sqft of uninsulated slab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk