Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Likes
    10 seer york 18yr old HP, 12 seer Rheem HP 14 years old and a 1 year old Sanden split water heating heat pump using CO2 for the gas. Also 11.5 kw solar panels.
    UA Local 32

Mn the state where absolutey nothing is allowed
    Post Likes
    built the house in '91. amana 80% came with it, i put on a low seer goodman AC.

to date 2 dual caps. also one HSI at 14 yrs old just because i didnt trust it anymore ( was still working).

i worry every day............
    my boss thinks its possible to repeal the laws of physics

Post Likes
    I installed an open loop geothermal system about 35 -40 years ago -- replaced that unit around 11 years ago -- now have a Miami Heat Pump 2 ton vertical unit -- very in expensive -- quality parts ( Trane compressor) -- just had first problem -- start capacitor failed

Post Likes
    Trane XV20I Heat pump with TAM8 air handler, Aprilaire 800 Steam Humidifier, and Aprilaire 213 competition upgrade. I don't think I can ever go back to single stage equipment again now that I've experienced the difference of a variable speed compressor with variable speed blowers.

I installed in back in 2013 so I'll see what the future holds but so far the only trouble I have is remembering to change my air filters. My summers went from 68% humidity and 65f with a window shaker in the middle of the house to summer time 45% humidity and 73f through the entire house for nice even comfort.

I'm not saying to install a Trane but consider the technology and your homes comfort will be night and day. It gets a lot easier to sell when you have it in your home to talk about.

Post Likes
    1500sqft 25 year old home in Florida. 13 year old variable speed Trane air handler with a 3 year old 2.5ton 13 seer trane heatpump maintains 45-51 % humidity set up enhanced dehum and 350 per ton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Coleman Evcon 3 ton outdoor unit with matching 3.5 ton indoor unit - manufactured in 1996. It was here when I bought the house 5 1/2 years ago.

Removed the 32KBTU compressor and replaced with a 9 year old 21KBTU compressor. Pulled and cleaned the evaporator coil.

I'm running about 27,000 BTUs total - 22,000 sensible and 5,000 latent at 1000 CFM. 1500 Sqft home, built in 1980 in hot, humid Florida.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    I have Energy Van Guard system in my home. This is very simple guys. Insulation works 24/7 but high-efficiency HVAC does not. The high HVAC is only 15% more efficient than the standard one!!!

Post Likes
    We have two systems due to a rather large addition.

System 1, installed September 2012: Carrier Infinity 98 furnace with Infinity 19 two stage A/C. The installer upgraded the thermostat to the newer Infinity Touch at no cost a few months before the five year labor warranty expired. The old one wasn't doing what we wanted in terms of humidity control. No other issues to report on this system.

System 2, installed October 2016: Rheem RP17 2-ton/3-speed inverter driven Copeland scroll heat pump. As installed it was defrosting too often and also bringing on the heat strips too often. Installer replaced the main logic board in the outdoor unit at no cost in January 2018, solving both problems. Both installer and one of the Pros here signaled that the original compressor protection logic was too conservative.

Post Likes
    Two 60kBTU Ruud Contour modulating furnaces with variable speed blowers; Aprilair 5000 air cleaners and two 2T 12SEER condensing units installed in 2010 and running flawlessly since. Also installed an American Water Heater 50g 60kBTU sealed combustion to allow for a soaking tub fill and loong hot showers..

The furnaces got a set of 5000' high altitude spuds so it runs on low speed at about 15kBTU input on low fire. Very happy with my system.

Post Likes
    3 Window Shakers.
    Too damn cheap to get central!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by pecmsg View Post
    3 Window Shakers.
    Too damn cheap to get central!
    Especially not with the rates you charge!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Post Likes

What HVAC system do you have in your home??? High efficiency???

This is it for now

Heating/Cooling Services Inc.
    www.heatingandcoolingservicesinc.com

Post Likes
    12 year old York 15 SEER 2 speed H.P.
    It went 9.75 yrs without a problem.
    Then the ECM fan motor and the coil leaked.
    Go figure....
    Life is too short, Behappy!
    TFMM

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast