Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very slick. Someone please build so I can buy.

Nearly every service call I find myself drawing a ph diagram in my head. To have that on a screen automatically, priceless!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

2. Likes Doug Lockhart liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post

Nearly every service call I find myself drawing a ph diagram in my head. To have that on a screen automatically, priceless!

Yeah, amazing it hasn't been done before. All those years if picturing it in our heads as best we can. Now to have it all right on front of you to see clear as day. Leave it to Doug.

4. Likes GoCougs liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting excited.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7. Likes Red Man, skwoodwiva2, Doug Lockhart liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question Doug...

Will the 'spread' (distance between high/low pressure fittings) be the same as the current DC's (fits on a Titan 2 without the elbows)???

Not that the Titan 2 is that great a manifold...
    However some folks prefer a 4 valver...
    And some folks prefer a 3 valver...
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Your comfort, Your way, Everyday!

GA's basic rules of home heating and AC upgrades:
    *Installation is more important than the brand of equipment
    *The duct system keeps the house comfortable; the equipment only heats and cools (and dehumidifies)
    *Cheap is not good, good is not cheap; however expensive is not a guarantee of quality!
    Choose your contractor wisely!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    Question Doug...

Will the 'spread' (distance between high/low pressure fittings) be the same as the current DC's (fits on a Titan 2 without the elbows)???

Not that the Titan 2 is that great a manifold...
    However some folks prefer a 4 valver...
    And some folks prefer a 3 valver...
    I suspect everything will be discussed. I'd like to finish the Paradigm but although it's patented, I am still wanting to do some changes to it.....always fiddling...
    We possibly have a meeting next week if we can get some administration formalities covered off first.......exciting.....
    "The quality you deserve is not expensive---it's priceless"

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed your products over the years Doug. We have a pioneer on our side guys that makes our lives so much easier on every call. My 900's have been though rain, had my brake slam up against it and break the screen, and still keeps going. Built like a tank. You have helped me out countless times and never charged me a dime. Thank you for what you do and looking forward to seeing this thing come to market.

Rock on, Michael Davis

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahrs View Post

Lahrs, I make my guys plot them and bring them in the next day......don't have to ask them what's wrong........they ALWAYS figure it out while plotting it and it blows their mind.
    Getting over the floods there in Kelowna? Should be getting hot now eh?!

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    this stuff is cool, and well thats about it for me. I got the Imanifold and hate using it, sits in my van as a back up. I just havent needed any of this extra information on calls, testo 557 or anything that reads line pressure, temp and SH/SC is perfect. This stuff takes way to much time....

Now, when you find a tool that can tell me whether there is a TXV or fixed orifice I would buy it, maybe 1 out of every 4 I end up with numbers that could go either way and sometimes have to go check.

13. Likes Doug Lockhart liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BagsOfFlex View Post
    Just wanted to say how much I've enjoyed your products over the years Doug. We have a pioneer on our side guys that makes our lives so much easier on every call. My 900's have been though rain, had my brake slam up against it and break the screen, and still keeps going. Built like a tank. You have helped me out countless times and never charged me a dime. Thank you for what you do and looking forward to seeing this thing come to market.

Rock on, Michael Davis
    Thanx Michael.....appreciate it......
    The tough part.......make them so they last and stay accurate. Most of the gauge manufacturers use 700 or 900 psi transducers and on the low side too......so .5% X 900 is +/- 4.5psi on the low side......REALLY!!!??? The cheapest analogue is 1% mid scale of 125 psi or +/- 1.25 psi.....!!!
    The case material is all acid proof, all oil proof and drop proof c/w UV for a lot of life and so you can rely on the product. We would make the sensors the same and hope to have all in mag connector for charging. Wireless charging is a really inefficient way to do it but may have changed since I did all my research last time. Rule #1 for me has always been "My tools work for me, not me working for them or I throw them out".......
    We hope to get a good meeting next week.....

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Doug, I've been reading your posts with interest. I'm from the U.K. And bought both the DRSA 1250 and the AK900s and I've got to say they have been a great set of gauges and the support from both Brenda and yourself has been first class.
    I know at least 5 guys that would be purchasing the IDRSA if it ever came to market!

I'll be watching this thread with interest.

Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One question if I may - the testos allow a standing pressure test (temperature compensated) to be carried out using their gauges, is this something that you could incorporate into the iDRSA?

I know in the AK900s, the low side only goes up to around 15 bar and the high side 30 bar, which isn't that high when working with the likes of R410a?
    Last edited by marc5180; 06-10-2017 at 06:27 AM. Reason: Something Missing

17. Likes Doug Lockhart liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marc5180 View Post
    One question if I may - the testos allow a standing pressure test (temperature compensated) to be carried out using their gauges, is this something that you could incorporate into the iDRSA?

I know in the AK900s, the low side only goes up to around 15 bar and the high side 30 bar, which isn't that high when working with the likes of R410a?
    Hey Marc……thanx for the question.
    As I just stated the 'range' of the transducer is really important and Testo used to use 780 psi transducers so their 'standing pressure test' was useless if you were looking at say testing a dairy tank for an internal leak (done it many times as the DeLavals had HUGE problems with a bad silver connection on the suction spud on the inside of the tank!!!! I've ripped open about 12 of them and welded in place….#$%^ing stupid, dangerous and toxic job) you are only accurate to +/- .5% X 780psi or +/- 4 psi and that accuracy on a nitrogen test after they pick up the milk is pointless as the transducer is out of range. Your correct, we use a 200 psi transducer on the low side and a 550 psi on high side. I'd probably re-research to a getting a 225 on the low side and a 600 on the high side.

Now in a high quality transducer they sample and record the deviation from 'best straight line performance' and store that in an EPROM inside every individual transducer's memory so if one has a greater deviation say from 550-600 psi…….the test and recording and storing into that individual transducer's EEPROM makes it accurate despite that deviation (curve) as it's been now accounted for.
    All that said, it's all for not IF you use a huge range transducer then ignore that fact when checking for a 1-2psi fall in pressure in one day (as they have to milk the cows in the afternoon, so you have to dump the nitrogen, evacuate (change drier) and recharge/open the king valve to be ready for milking.

Now you can jam 1000 psi down the throat of the 200 psi transducer (a good quality one) and never hurt it so I don't know why Testo and some of the other use 1000 psi on both high and low side. Some of the cheaper Asian (almost all of them now!!!!) use open transducers that don't have Stainless Steel diaphragms so the oil, acid and refrigerant splash touches the gold wire traces and the silicone die chip so they literally blow up when touched by oil, refrigerant and of course HCl or HF acids…….Refco and MasterCrap had a huge problem with this and blew up in days when charging or on a contaminated system.

Hope that helps but we spent an ENORMOUS amount of time on transducers for all of the above reasons…..

19. Likes Core_d liked this post.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast