Post Likes

Confused Problem with 30RAN030-6

Good afternoon , I have a problem with 30RAN030-6 I support to a company, they call me report the chiller is with alarm when i arrived I saw the alarm 207freeze protection i see the set point, the workers of thi company put it on 36F set point 1 and set point 2 on 34f the liquid is water i dont know how many times this workers try to reset it, I modified the Set point to 45F sp1 and sp2 , I try to start the chiller and orks about 3 - 9 minutes and shut down the temperature of water in the display is 53.2 F Water in and 36 F out i revised the temperatures of water in the pipes with a laser temp is water in 58F and water out 49F.

I think the brazed plate heat exchanger was freezed my boss thinks the problem is other.

other parameters

SP 62.1 psi
    DP 192.3 psi
    SCTA 987 F
    SSTA 35.4 F

Any one can help me wath is wrong ith the chiller ?

Thank you
    Best Regards

Post Likes
    I would check the sensors for accuracy first. Then I would check water flow.
    No.1 thats to much of a drop, it shows theres not enough waterflow.
    Another thing is the superheat is vary low which is also an indication of not enough waterflow or could be an overcharge.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by airworx View Post
    I would check the sensors for accuracy first. Then I would check water flow.
    No.1 thats to much of a drop, it shows theres not enough waterflow.
    Another thing is the superheat is vary low which is also an indication of not enough waterflow or could be an overcharge.
    I change the sensors and was the same valor between olds an news i have a drop of 19 psi i dont have the parameters of the initial start to see the drop of water , i ned to check the superheat

thank you

Post Likes
    19psi chilled water pressure drop across the evap???
    You have got a fouled cooler. Is this an open system? Check the strainer, maybe you will get lucky and only have a stopped up strainer.

Post Likes
    Flow, maybe about a 4-6 psi drop.

Post Likes

Prob. 30RAN

If the readings you showed were taken after you changed SP1+SP2, kiss that flat plate heat exchanger good bye, you can't run them down to a 35* lwt as that puts your saturated suction (internal evaporator) in the mid 20's and closes the sections together. Just in case something simple try to reverse flush as I had one that was plugged with mud. It was only a band aid fix as the flat plate froze up closed. ga1279

Post Likes
    they should be a strainer inside the unit in the back, besure to pull it out to check, not just drain it to flush.

Post Likes
    Actually thinking about it if your only using a single setpoint then changing cooling setpoint #2 isn`t going to do a thing. Also are they running brine or fresh water in the cooler loop? Check the freeze setpoint should be 34 for fresh water.

Post Likes
    Like he said "check the strainer".Its plugged.While you are at it , check the flow switch for accuracy.Sounds like it might need adjusting.

Post Likes
    Pressure drop should be 3 or 4 psi.
    There should be a strainer at the inlet to the heat exchanger check it, also check the colour of the water it will give you a good idea of the general cleanliness of the system if its a dirty brown colour you may need to drain and flush.
    Plate heat exchangers systems need to be clean otherwise your asking for trouble with clogged up heat exchangers resulting in freeze ups..
    Chilled water outlet should NEVER be run lower than 5 degree's C with setpoint of 6.7 to 7 degree's C on Carrier plate heat exchangers.

Post Likes
    Where you been Gibbo I PM`ed you.

Post Likes
    Hi TGL thanks for the PM now i know where to look LOL.
    I have sent you a PM, are you able to offer any info on my question to you.