Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Likes

Dam you Donald Trump !

I was just looking over the new-highs list and found twenty companies which especially caught my eye - LAACZ, POPE, AAON, ESLT, MSA, EPI, IBA, FNV, ALB, AON, CI, CNI, HACK, LRLCY, MDLZ, MKC, NSRGY, PEP, PM, RTN.

But even in general the present rally just keeps getting broader - instead of thinner as the great masses are predicting. <g> The bitter losers of the election, the economists, and most everyone on Wall Street is calling for a correction.

A couple of days ago I watched some Fed Guy on TV talking about how a stock market correction would be a good thing.

(?) <g>

I wonder why Fed people are even allowed to go on TV and talk? <g> Of course the real reason has nothing to do with the economy, or the stock market, or even with monetary policy - the problem is that these douche bags are just posing for future jobs and building up their 'brand' - and not much else. When was the last time someone left employment at the Fed, and left government, and then made money in the stock market - anyone? <g> Why do they still get air time? Any guesses? <g>

How many people are saying this:

The Rally will strengthen and broaden from here. ?

How many? One? <g>

Everyone in the media is painfully bleating about the coming 'correction'. But no one ever seems to have a handle on just when that pot might actually boil. It's like a fantasy island out there - if we just chant long enough God will grant our wishes . . . . <g>

How odd it is that the professionals' have been so wrong about The Trump Effect ? <g>

1. They said he would not win
    2. They said if he did the market would go way down.
    3. They said if he won volatility would be huge.

But somehow or other the smartest one of all; Mr. Market, has shrugged off all the supposed problems - Brexit, Grexit, Trump, Middle East, Korea, Russia, etc. all rolls right off Mr. Market's back and here we are: the VIX is flat and trending lower. <g>

Now of course; someday the correction crowd will be right. Because, after all; if you predict something long enough - it will eventually be true. But the market could move a lot higher before they are right. <g>

Hey! Did anyone notice that Venezuela died? Somehow no one seems to be media-ing about it. Think it might have something to do with the Cause Of Death ? <g>

https://townhall.com/columnists/john...esson-n2333521
    PHM
    --------
    The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking.

2. Likes Tool-Slinger liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'd like to believe your rant but Historically the Market Corrects every 7-8 years. As it is we are past those historical averages.

My Mutual Fund is still not worth what it was at the end of 2007, price per share.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    So isn't that one More bit of positive addition to my position? <g>

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by acmanko View Post
    . . . Historically the Market Corrects every 7-8 years. As it is we are past those historical averages . . . .
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodle Head Mikey View Post
    So isn't that one More bit of positive addition to my position? <g>

PHM
    -------
    What is your position? And don't tell me you forgot

Post Likes
    One other tidbit, my advisor tells me historically the market crashes when the GOP claims POTUS and recovers when the Dems Claim POTUS.

Which could be a positive if we knew exactly what Trump is. I think he is a bull wearing a bear outfit

Post Likes
    Sorry; I alluded too much and stated too little. My brain was still reeling before: from deciphering metric carbon tons. <g>

My primary position is that The Market seems to like Mr. Trump as president.

My secondary position is amusement in regard to all the past and present predictions that it would be otherwise.

PHM
    -------

What is your position? And don't tell me you forgot

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    Maybe you should wonder that source? - you said that your fund has not recovered despite the bull market - maybe you should consider a different advisor on both fronts? <g>

PHM
    -------

One other tidbit, my advisor tells me historically the market crashes when the GOP claims POTUS and recovers when the Dems Claim POTUS.

Which could be a positive if we knew exactly what Trump is. I think he is a bull wearing a bear outfit

PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    There are several things about the market that only professionals seem to know and accept. One of those is:

The market will go up longer than anyone expects it to, and;

The market will go down longer than anyone expects it to.
    I do a triple evac with nitro to remove non condensables.

Post Likes
    It picked up immediately when he won...we knew it would but the loyalists to the Democratic party were willing to use all forms of deceit.
    Fear in the market will harm it.... so they were actually willing to harm the market to try and get an election...while screaming Trump will harm the market.

Only goes to show they do not care about people at all...while the entire platform is "We care"

Anyway...Bless Trump and all that voted for him

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Stock markets are all bull**** voodoo they spent years happily trading worthless garbage until it all came crashing down and nearly sent us all back to a barter system dark age. The only market numbers I trust are the ones in my bank account.

12. Likes MadMasticator liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Don't equate stock market highs with current business cycle, but with Fed money printing.
    Federal Reserve, stealing your kids futures since 1913

UA290

Post Likes
    That was only because President provided the opportunity to the most opportunistic adventurers on Wall Street by deregulating their activities.

PHM
    --------

Quote Originally Posted by Sooty View Post
    Stock markets are all bull**** voodoo they spent years happily trading worthless garbage until it all came crashing down and nearly sent us all back to a barter system dark age. The only market numbers I trust are the ones in my bank account.
    PHM
    --------

Post Likes
    The Fed poured money in US economy well before Trump was elected. Markets go because of an influx of new-money - money which had been elsewhere but then comes into the Market. Since Trump was elected - where is that influx coming from?

PHM
    -------

Quote Originally Posted by acjourneyman View Post
    Don't equate stock market highs with current business cycle, but with Fed money printing.
    PHM
    --------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast