+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The iManifold/HVAC-TALK Feedback Project Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

The iManifold/HVAC-TALK Feedback Project Thread

This thread is an attempt to create an 'alliance/liaison' thread between iManifold and the HVAC-TALK community that hope to make the iManifold the industry standard of quality for wireless HVACR diagnostic technology.

The hope is that we can improve communications between NPI and the community, and in doing so, team up to make iManifold the successful & useful product we all want it to be.

This will require input from both NPI and the community. In order for this to work, it's hoped that NPI will step up its public presence in this forum, sharing more information about the ongoing development, progress & goals of the iManifold project.

On the HT community's part, this will involve good feedback, requests for features, bug reporting and whatever else is helpful.

Both parties can post in-field videos of the product in use, or of any problems that occur.

Whatever is useful to make iManifold the tool we want/need it to be, post it here. This is not a rant thread or a thread that should go OT. We need a thread that is specific to the use & improvement of the iManifold project.

To NPI:

We know you are busy, but we respectfully request that a liaison be appointed to regularly monitor this thread, provide pertinent project information, and to accept & request feedback and bug reports. Posting a bug report form or a specific URL if that works best. The bug reports and feed back should be in a isolated venue/format that allows for easy access, viewing and responding.

We recognize the significant potential of iManifold and the positive impact it can have on our work and businesses. This is why the iManifold threads are heavily populated and long-lived and impassioned. We need NPI to present a consistent presence in this forum and work with us to the betterment of the product and the industry. This is something we can all benefit from.

Thanks!

2. Likes TACKERDOWN, jobrzut1 liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I'm in.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    So let have ano iConnect that has been used about 5 times. No with inconsistent Istanbul readings I aren't sure if would trust them..

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by lytning View Post
    So let have ano iConnect that has been used about 5 times. No with inconsistent Istanbul readings I aren't sure if would trust them..
    Auto correct acting up again?

Post Likes
    Yes. Still don't trust readings.

Post Likes
    The last thing this board needs is ANOTHER imanifold thread.

9. Likes Brent Ridley liked this post.
    Post Likes
    There is that.

Post Likes
    I am all for this and I hope the community here can come together and provide professional, corrective criticism and suggestions to a product that I, like many of you have invested a tremendous amount of money in and do NOT want to see fail.

Thank you vin for starting the thread.

I know iceman and many others have made suggestions and given feedback on the latest update, but I hope we can come together with a north park rep and work through issues the way that jim did.

12. Likes vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    I think a good start would be sending us all some iManifolds and accessories as tokens of appreciation for our continued input during the development stages. Many of the features/ideas were lifted directly from contributors here in hvac-talk, and that came right out of Jim Bergmann's keyboard. Who seconds this motion?

It might be better if they would join Manufacturer's Corner and set up this project there, instead of cluttering up the Tools forum.

Post Likes
    Why do you have a complete lack of presence in Canada, particularly at trade schools?
    The I-manifold is at some wholesalers (no I-connect) but the accessories are not in stock making it completely useless.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Why do you have a complete lack of presence in Canada, particularly at trade schools?
    The I-manifold is at some wholesalers (no I-connect) but the accessories are not in stock making it completely useless.
    This distributor ships to Canada:

https://www.trutechtools.com/ImperialiManifold

If you're getting an iConnect, you can save some money by using the cooper clamps, strap probes, etc. They won't fit into the ports on the iConnect base itself, but they will fit into the pressure probes, repeater and manometer just fine (each probe has 2 jacks).

I have temp sensors, clamps etc and have never needed to plug into the base. They are the exact same item except for the plugs are a bit shorter:

https://www.trutechtools.com/iManifo...ct_c_1520.html

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    I believe they have had issues getting them in wholesalers stores. Ordering online seems to be the only way.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by TACKERDOWN View Post
    I believe they have had issues getting them in wholesalers stores. Ordering online seems to be the only way.

The issue with any out-of-country sales are usually related to import fees/taxes. With that said, distributors in the US are selling commoditized products; they typically do not do very well selling high-end premium products. As evidence, I can tell you that in California (for example), the electric utilities are actually paying distributors to NOT stock lower SEER equipment (they offer the distributors money to stock only higher SEER and premium packages) in order to move the markets towards energy-efficient systems.

Distributors just want you to buy stuff from their channels - they don't care what you buy....this is why brick and mortars are falling to Amazon (Amazon sells stuff the market wants at a fair price, and they also sell commoditized products at a loss to get you to buy from them instead), and will soon start for the HVAC industry as well. If you want cheap - go to Ebay and buy refurbished or imported knock-offs. Tru-Tech tools is a leader in the market because they recognized this many years ago.

Post Likes
    With all the bad posts on this site and Facebook, you might see some come up for sale cheaper!!!
    The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and stamps EVER.
    Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals". Their stated reason for this policy "... the animals become dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves."
    from an excerpt by Paul Jacob in Sun City, AZ

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    This thread is an attempt to create an 'alliance/liaison' thread between iManifold and the HVAC-TALK community that hope to make the iManifold the industry standard of quality for wireless HVACR diagnostic technology.

The hope is that we can improve communications between NPI and the community, and in doing so, team up to make iManifold the successful & useful product we all want it to be.

This will require input from both NPI and the community. In order for this to work, it's hoped that NPI will step up its public presence in this forum, sharing more information about the ongoing development, progress & goals of the iManifold project.

On the HT community's part, this will involve good feedback, requests for features, bug reporting and whatever else is helpful.

Both parties can post in-field videos of the product in use, or of any problems that occur.

Whatever is useful to make iManifold the tool we want/need it to be, post it here. This is not a rant thread or a thread that should go OT. We need a thread that is specific to the use & improvement of the iManifold project.

To NPI:

We know you are busy, but we respectfully request that a liaison be appointed to regularly monitor this thread, provide pertinent project information, and to accept & request feedback and bug reports. Posting a bug report form or a specific URL if that works best. The bug reports and feed back should be in a isolated venue/format that allows for easy access, viewing and responding.

We recognize the significant potential of iManifold and the positive impact it can have on our work and businesses. This is why the iManifold threads are heavily populated and long-lived and impassioned. We need NPI to present a consistent presence in this forum and work with us to the betterment of the product and the industry. This is something we can all benefit from.

Thanks!
    Hi Vin,

Yes thanks for setting this up. We are aware of what is going on (and enjoying some of the banter) - but there are a LOT of moving parts; we will get a you a more thoughtful response posted here later on today.

Thanks

Buck Taylor

20. Likes jobrzut1, vin lashon liked this post.
    Post Likes
    Hi Everyone, we had a discussion today and have some thoughts in mind. We are looking at what most other manufacturers utilize for support methods and services. We will post back soon on what we think is an appropriate online presence.

Thank you for your support.

Post Likes
    Did you call Fieldpiece?

I heard they have great customer service

Post Likes
    So you want to be just like everyone else? 🙄

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Post Likes

Question

I live in a hot humid climate. Temps can reach 98°+ and humidy 90%+ in the hot part of the summer. Any special considerations for carrying the temp & pressure probes in my truck (which, when parked, can get much hotter) under these types of conditions, or will the sensors be unaffected? I do keep them in a aluminum clearcoat (silver) weather guard bin.

As of now, I use Fieldpiece clamp meter bags for the temp probes, the pressure probes are in the bottom of the Imperial bag that came with the kit, hoses on, capped.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by vin lashon View Post
    I live in a hot humid climate. Temps can reach 98°+ and humidy 90%+ in the hot part of the summer. Any special considerations for carrying the temp & pressure probes in my truck (which, when parked, can get much hotter) under these types of conditions, or will the sensors be unaffected? I do keep them in a aluminum clearcoat (silver) weather guard bin.

As of now, I use Fieldpiece clamp meter bags for the temp probes, the pressure probes are in the bottom of the Imperial bag that came with the kit, hoses on, capped.
    I guess they are still figuring out what the appropriate response will be.

Here's another glitch

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in